Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer 2.3 is out, with AU hosting

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer 2.3 is now available, mainly bringing Audio Units hosting support as well as several compatibility and performance improvements (see full list below).

For registered users, the update is free and can be downloaded from the same place as the original full version (link received by email).

New Features:
- Audio Unit hosting support: Audio Units can now be loaded into the plug-in on Mac.
- Plug-ins can now be cut from a slot for cut/paste operations.
Improvements:
- User interface loading or resizing is now faster.
- Reduced the size of windows installers.
Fixes and compatibility improvements:
- Fixed undo/redo compatibility issues with some plug-ins.
- (Mac) Fixed random crashes when unloading some plug-ins on Mac (Waves plug-ins for example).
- (AAX) Fixed inaccurate transport information reported to sub plug-ins when stopping playback in Pro Tools.

Nice !
So many updates recently :D

And there are a few more to come :-)

- User interface loading or resizing is now faster.
Do you plan to add this improvement to other plugins as well (MB5, for instance) ?

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately my Norton Antivirus reports that MB-7 Mixer 2.3 has a virus/Trojan (Suspicious.Cloud.9) and promptly removes it while I try to download. Just like Patchwork, Win 64-bit.

Norton antivirus is indeed having an issue with our installers. Currently the only way to install is to deactivate the antivirus while downloading and installing. You can run a full scan after install if you want to be safe. Once the false positives have been acknowledged by Symantec, the problem should be solved.

Ok, so Symantec has not acknowledged the problem. Fair enough. I'll stand by...

Files have been submitted but it can take some time before they fix it.

sinkmusic wrote: Do you plan to add this improvement to other plugins as well (MB5, for instance) ?
Yes, all our plug-ins should eventually benefit from these improvements.

That's a goodnews on top of a good news ;)
Blue Cat Audio is on a good run ! :D

:-)

Blue Cat Audio wrote:Norton antivirus is indeed having an issue with our installers. Currently the only way to install is to deactivate the antivirus while downloading and installing. You can run a full scan after install if you want to be safe. Once the false positives have been acknowledged by Symantec, the problem should be solved.
Thanks for the info. I was just encountering the same problem. I feel relieved now. :tu:

BTW, in Norton 360, you can click "restore" at the bottom of the pop up warning window, and it will take the file out of quarantine and overlook it on future scans. Relatively painless (once you know it's safe).
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Thanks for the tip, it might indeed be helpful to others. Norton seems to be a pain for many...

Tell me please: Will I be able to load Waves AU plug-ins into MB7 in the future? I cannot see them now.

Thank you

You should already be able to do that: just select the waveshell bundle availble in the components folder, and you should be able to choose which plug-in you want to insert. Works the same way for the VST version.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”