Blue Cat's PatchWork 1.4 Released, with Improved MIDI and Parallel Chains

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PatchWork

Blue Cat's PatchWork 1.4 is now ready for download, including MIDI channel filtering for plug-ins input, parallel processing chains improvements (selectable summing mode and solo buttons), plus several compatibility improvements on Mac. Full change list is available on the plug-in's page.

As usual, this update is free for existing customers and can be downloaded from the same page as the original full version. Enjoy!

Congratulations BlueCat's team.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Looking forward to uploading your updated skins :-)

Almost done :-)
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Can I use Patchwork or MB-7 to host Antares Auto-Tune_Evo_VST in Pro Tools 11?

satYatunes wrote:Almost done :-)
Great!

Visionaudio wrote:Can I use Patchwork or MB-7 to host Antares Auto-Tune_Evo_VST in Pro Tools 11?
I think some issues have been reported with this plug-in on Windows, but you may want to try the demo version of our plug-in t check if it works on your system.

how many installs do you get? how does it work
i want to load in my desktop and 2 laptops

please let me know

Blue Cat Audio wrote:Looking forward to uploading your updated skins :-)
Excellent plugin Blue Cat Audio, and excellent skin by @satYatunes. :)
Bitwig Certified Trainer

satYatunes's latest version of the skins is now available for download on our website. It enables the new 1.4 features (solo and summing mode selection):

http://www.bluecataudio.com/Skins/Product_PatchWork/

Hi,

Does midi filtering mean that I can now insert midi plugins in pro tools before virtual instruments...?

BTW - When is it planned to have drop down menus? Also adding the ability to drag and change the sends order is kinda
crucial.

trippled88 wrote:Hi,
Does midi filtering mean that I can now insert midi plugins in pro tools before virtual instruments...?
This was already possible in previous versions thanks to MIDI routing (you can crate chains of VST or AU MIDI plug-ins before virtual instruments inside the PatchWork plug-in). MIDI filtering lets you choose which MIDI channel is sent to which ports. So you can for example use different virtual instrument son different MIDI channels inside the PatchWork plug-in (whereas before all events were sent to all instruments).
BTW - When is it planned to have drop down menus? Also adding the ability to drag and change the sends order is kinda crucial.
Can you maybe elaborate? I am not sure I understand both requests. Thanks!

Blue Cat Audio wrote:
This was already possible in previous versions thanks to MIDI routing (you can crate chains of VST or AU MIDI plug-ins before virtual instruments inside the PatchWork plug-in). MIDI filtering lets you choose which MIDI channel is sent to which ports. So you can for example use different virtual instrument son different MIDI channels inside the PatchWork plug-in (whereas before all events were sent to all instruments).
This is amazing! This truly opens new doors for PT users aside of the AAX issue, big thumbs up for you guys,
so happy to have this.
BTW - When is it planned to have drop down menus? Also adding the ability to drag and change the sends order is kinda crucial.
Can you maybe elaborate? I am not sure I understand both requests. Thanks!
Yes, I'll write down specifically what I'd like to have implemented hopefully in next updates:

1. Having a drop down list like you have in PT or any other DAW of your plugins instead of browsing the plugins in a finder window would totally make the whole work flow allot more efficient, would be great to also have a few options to arrange them, by manufacturer for example would be great and very comfortable.

2. It would be also really good if for example I want to insert a single plugin to just have the plugin GUI window pop up instead of the additional patchwork interface - not that I have any problem with the patchwork interface but it would be allot more convenient and quick to just have the plugin you've inserted pop up, it could maybe be wrapped within the gui interface with the option to expand it to the regular interface - would be also very neat if after a single plugin is inserted the insert would display it's name instead "blue cat patchwork" - again this is just essential when you're stacking single plugins say on a master buss channel and you want to quickly bypass inserts knowing which one you've bypassed instead of opening the plugin see what's there and bypass it or move on - not to whine or anything but from a user's standpoint in large sessions using allot of plugins this is very much essential and would completely integrate with the DAW's workflow.

3. It would be very neat to be able to change plugins insert placement within patchwork - say if I have a compressor going into an eq and I wanted to change between them or insert another plugin between them - the option to basically drag plugin inserts between insert slots.

That's the only things that I would change to make this plugin perfect, the fact that it does what it does and works well is just a game changer in so many ways, cannot stress enough how much I appreciate this, this definitely eliminates my needs to use another DAW.

P.S I couldn't find the manual?

Thanks for sharing more details. Please find below our comments about these:

1. This is indeed in the plans. Not sure yet what the best options are (probably shown by type/manufacturer by default and maybe provide other options).

2. Changing the name at runtime is unfortunately not possible. Bypassing the PatchWork GUI could indeed make sense in some situations (when used a a wrapper). But this creates problems because this transforms our plug-in into a wrapper, which is not currently allowed by AVID. There are also technical limitations with some hosts and plug-ins that make this unfortunately not trivial.

3. Drag and Drop is under study for moving things around faster. Currently the only option is to copy/cut/paste, but we agree that it could be more convenient with drag & drop.

The user manual can be found inside the plug-in (click on the "?" button at the top right) or here. You can also check the online version.

1. Having a drop down list like you have in PT or any other DAW of your plugins instead of browsing the plugins in a finder window would totally make the whole work flow allot more efficient, would be great to also have a few options to arrange them, by manufacturer for example would be great and very comfortable.
Soo not necessary :)
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=417321
it could maybe be wrapped within the gui interface with the option to expand it to the regular interface
Sounds like unnecessary complexity to me when opening and closing multiple plugin windows.
2. It would be also really good if for example I want to insert a single plugin to just have the plugin GUI window pop up instead of the additional patchwork interface - not that I have any problem with the patchwork interface but it would be allot more convenient and quick to just have the plugin you've inserted pop up,
I'm not sure how PT works but in Logic each time I open or close a PW window it opens the plugin windows as well i.e. one click to open everything. I don't see how it would be more convenient or quicker than it already is.
3. Drag and Drop is under study for moving things around faster. Currently the only option is to copy/cut/paste, but we agree that it could be more convenient with drag & drop.
Great idea but please don't remove the copy/cut/paste option. It's great for moving one plugin between PW's on different tracks.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”