Feature Request for Blue Cat Patchwork plug: Midi Realtime Processing

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thanks for this nice plug in

there´s something that could make this plug even better. It would be fantastic, if you could manipulate incoming midi-data for each slot / instanciation of a vst or au-plug.

specillay for instrument it plugs would be very helpfull to define a keyboard range, velocity response, midi cc-scaling, cc-mapping. you could build stackings of several instruments (similair to the way you can do it in the Logic environment using the transformer)

maybe some of these features are still implented… ;-)

thanks
Mac Pro with Protools 10 HD3 Accel, Logic X, DP7; MacBook Pro with Protools 11, Mainstage

Hi,

thank you for the suggestion. While it may indeed sound interesting to add more MIDI processing at the input of each plug-in, you can already do this and even more: Blue Cat's PatchWork supports MIDI VST and Audio Unit plug-ins. Using the MIDI routing capabilities of our plug-in, it is thus possible to add MIDI plug-ins to process MIDI events between the host and the sub plug-in.

thanks for answering

but from which midi-plug ins are you talking ? I don´t know any midi-plug ins for osx, that have these features (realtime midi-event transform etc.)

thanks again
Mac Pro with Protools 10 HD3 Accel, Logic X, DP7; MacBook Pro with Protools 11, Mainstage

It indeed seems that there are not that many MIDI plug-ins on Mac today. But we may have something interesting for you coming soon... :-)

okay ;-) very interesting

Here you go: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=420687

The plug-in already includes a couple of MIDI processing scripts and lets you write your own! :-)

Great !

downloaded demo…

That was what I´m looking for ;-) … since I do not have the time to get into the script language and write my own scripts, it would be nice if someone could write some further midi-fx presets, f.e. something like "key-range", "velocity/cc scaler", "cc-mapper". In conjuntion with the patchwork plug this would be a very powerful duo

Thanks for your fantastic plug-ins - all the best...

Feel free to list ALL MIDI FX you are looking for: it will give us some ideas for future updates!

And yes, Blue Cat's Plug'n Script and PatchWork are definitely made to work together! :-)

perfect ;-)

I´ll make a list

:tu:

here are some examples for manipulating incoming midi data, that are on my wishlist for the new script plug in. with this midi-fx it´s possible to build very interesting layers and stacks of different VI´s, each one of them responding in an individual way.

- velocity scaling: add/subract/multiplicate/invert value; minimal/maximal/fixed value

- cc-scaling: add/subract/multiplicate/invert value; minimal/maximal/fixed value. example: cc11 mapped to a filter cutoff and multiplicated with a factor of 0,7 and in addition setting the minimum value to 30 will limit the range but makes use of the whole expression pedal range

- cc-mapping: f.e. to map incoming cc11 (expression) to cc7 (volume). there are many VI´s that have fixed assignments of parameters to cc-controllers that cannot be changed. this functionallity would remove this limitations

- key range: lower/upper limit

- velocity range: lower/upper limit

- cc filter

- channel mapping

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”