Blue Cat's PatchWork 1.62 Released, With New "Light" UI Theme

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We wish you all a happy new year!

To celebrate 2015, we are releasing a new version of Blue Cat's PatchWork, including a brand new light theme skin, new skin selection features and more, as explained on our blog.

This update is free for existing customers and can be downloaded from the same page as the original full version.

New in 1.62:
- New alternative light theme skin (light color scheme and lower contrast).
- Factory and user skins can now be selected directly from the plug-in menu.
- Added 192 kHz samplerate support to the standalone application.
- Mac: fixed MFX Audio Unit that was not processing MIDI events properly.

Enjoy!

I'm just trying the demo but there doesn't seem to be any way to load aupresets - unless this is a demo limitation?

Also are you planning VST3 support?

aupreset or vst fx or bank files loading is indeed not supported for the moment. However if the plug-in has implemented factory presets, they should be available from the plug-in slot menu under "Presets".

VST3 support should indeed come at some point, but it is not planned yet.

OK that's a bit disappointing - seems the only subhost that does support aupreset loading is Bidule and even with that it's not ideal (as they are not recognising subfolders). I was hoping yours would offer a solution to this issue.

Hello V1.61 AAX in PT 11 and the 64 bit Windows stand alone work great.
However, when I installed (multiple times) the updated 1.62 versions they crashed PT and the stand alone also crashed. Actually caused quite a PIA with my computer for response. I noticed this once the new SKIN versions were available in the last update.
Again, 1.61 is fine. System is Windows 64 bit. Protools 11.
I hope you can resolve. Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up. This is strange as the new version passes all tests here. Are you maybe using different plug-ins? Can you maybe tell us more about when the crash occurs?

Also, can you maybe try the 1.63 preview that is available on the full version download page (see "next release preview" link)?

Actually I've experienced my first real crashes with the 1.62 W7-64 standalone loading u-he's MFM2 with the alternate Spaced Out skin. It loads but then Patchwork quickly crashes after a few seconds. I was thinking of reverting to 1.61. I'll try 1.63.

Thanks for the head up. Are you sure this plug-in actually worked with the previous version? It could just be a general compatibility issue.

Blue Cat Audio wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the heads up. This is strange as the new version passes all tests here. Are you maybe using different plug-ins? Can you maybe tell us more about when the crash occurs?

Also, can you maybe try the 1.63 preview that is available on the full version download page (see "next release preview" link)?
Hello, I tried next version 1.63. Same crash as 1.62. If I run in standalone, when I choose a VST the GUI completely disappears and then it takes a lifetime for the "spinning doing something hold on" cursor to go away. Another odd thing with the two newer versions is when I install OR uninstall them the program does everything TWICE. Installs and then installs again. Deletes program and then deletes again. Weird.
I get an error message about "there were errors while parsing the skin.:
Again no problems with 1.61.

While you are listening....I (and probably a million others) BEG you to make a 32 bit bridge for Windows. Jbridge is the ONLY option and it crashes PT 11 and Patchworks everytime. 32 Lives is MAC only :(
Thank you I hope this helps.

Thanks for the details. Do you mean that the crash occurs when load any VST plug-in? There has been no major change between 1.61 and 1.62, so this is really surprising (especially since the new version runs fine on all our systems, with no difference compared to the previous one).

What you describe about the installer is really odd and should not happen. Are you running the installer when no host application is running?

Crash sometimes occurs before loading, but ALWAYS occurs when loading, sometimes the VST will load and show the GUI, then immediately all disappear. I've run the installer with no host running. Always does the twice install and uninstall. Weird.
Loving version 1.61 though. Appreciate the efforts and communication. Many companies take your money and are silent. Bad business.

Can you maybe tell us a bit more about both problems so that we can investigate?
1. Double install/uninstall: what does exactly happen? Do you get the installer twice, or is it during install that you see files being installed twice? Can you maybe post a screenshot? Dos it happen for both the standalone and AAX versions?
2. Crash: dos this happen only in Pro Tools or in both Pro Tools and the standalone version? Is it reproductible with always the same plug-ins (do you have names?), or do you get the crash randomly, with any plug-in? Are some plug-ins always loading fine?

It does not install files twice, it goes through the same prompt screens and process. Immediately after it says install is complete and you click finish it does the whole process again. Same thing with the uninstall. Both stand alone and AAX.

Crash happens both PT 11 and stand alone. ANY VST plug-in and I've tried many. NO plug-ins will load without the crash.

This is really weird! At least it seems to be fully reproducible for you...
Have you tried to re-download the installer and try a clean install?

Yes I've done new downloads, installs, uninstalls multiple times. I'm sort of over it now as I've invested a bit more time than I would have liked. 1.61 is just fine for me sir. Both AAX and stand alone. I don't really care for the "white" GUI anyways but I appreciate the efforts of improvement. I will say it again....32 bit bridge please.
Thank you

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”