Blue Cat's Plug'n Script - Phase Shift using FFT?

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anybody know how to perform phase shift on audio samples? I need 90 degree phase shift. The only phase shift I am able to perform is 180, which is simple multiplication of -1.
I'm afraid that other phase shift is possible only using FFT. How can I do it in Plug'n Script?
Thanks!

Hi,

You could implement an FFT directly in the script, but I am not sure about the performance...

If you are fine with an approximate method, I think you could emulate it using a network of IIR allpass filters. searching "hilbert networks 90 degrees" on Google should help you find more information about this topic. I guess that's for your Dolby decoder?

Thanks for reply, I already read some info about hilbert networks, but as my goal is to implement Dolby Prologic II encoder, I need phase under control ;-) Thats why I asked about FFT.
But as I am totally new to DSP programming (I have some common programming skills), I need a guide how to code it in Plug'n'script. I haven't found any api reference to your functions and implementing my own fft would not be efficient.
I know performance might be an issue, but I don't intend to sell this ;-)
Thanks for any further info!

Phase shift will indeed be an issue here!

There is currently no fft function exposed to the scripts. If performance is not a problem, you can try to copy/paste any FFT algorithm and see if it works fast enough.

Thanks!
I'll try that and get back here. It may take a while because I'm not dsp professional ;-)

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”