question about patchwork

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

downloaded the manual and it is not really apparent to me how I would accomplish what I want to do perhaps you can elaborate on Patchwork a little so I can see if will do what I want it to do,

What is that you say?

I am wanting to use my laptop as a rack mount FX processor that can work with midi controller messages to switch sounds just like I could do if I had a line 6 HD 500.

The parallel processing is obviously were I would need to set up my ampsims. If I set up multipke instances of Amplitube and line 6 so that I have at least 8 or more tones available and I want to swithc seemlessly between them in a single song can I do that with patcher and a controller? Say I set up a button or footswitch to send a meid message to patchwork and I have 5 lead tones on 5 of the slots and 3 clean tones on the other 3, So lets say I am playing a clean tone to start a song and need to go to a crunch tone as things get heavier plus in a few minutes I have a lead to take. Question How would patchwork enable me to switch between all the tones I have as I need to use them? A would I be able to do that with a foot controller like a Behringer fcb 1010? or with my roland PCR 500 and just program the buttons/ foot sitches on that to send out a message to switch between the tones? If so how maybe you should give an example on this

Thank you for your message. I am not sure it is possible to switch between sounds with a single switch (We are looking at implementing preset changes by MIDI in the future by the way).

However, you could do the following:
- assign each power button for each parallel chain to a switch (you can use MIDI learn to get the appropriate MIDI CC number easily)
- to switch between two sounds you would just have to push one switch to disable the current sound and push another one to enable the new one.
Obviously this is not as convenient, but t however lets you enable several sounds in parallel too!

If your controller is smart enough to be programmed, you could also configure it so that it sends several messages at the same time to enable one and disable all other parallel chains.

Hope this helps!

Hi,

we have just uploaded a new version in the preview section (you can get it using the download link received by email. Just click on the "download next release preview" link below the official version links). This version supports MIDI program change messages.

It means that you should now be able to switch between PatchWork presets using MIDI program change messages. If you controller supports these messages, you can create your effect chains using PatchWork presets and load them on demand :-).

Can you please give it a try and tell us if it works for you?

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”