Plug'n Script transport question.

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've looked everywhere, and only found one reference to
data.transport.isRecording

(http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... g#p6097574)

Is this supposed to work on Pro Tools 12.2? I seem to be only getting 0.

I'm trying to generate MIDI data that will change depending on transport state (record/play).

I'm using the 'Release Preview' version 1.2b / SE 1.95 (7/22/2015)

-- ALSO --
Plug'n Script doesn't seem to play nicely with some Native Instruments stuff. For example, when used in the same session with FM8 1.4.0 (R1498) I get crashes when I try to load a script.

-- newbie question --
Is this the best place for Plug'n Script - script development discussion? Or is there a developer specific place/forum?

Hi,

This is indeed currently the right place for discussions. As an alternative you could also create tickets on github (https://github.com/bluecataudio/plugnscript), but the forum is probably the best place!

The isRecording attribute is currently only supported for VST plug-ins (other plug-in formats do not expose the recording status at this point), so this is indeed expected that it will not be available in Pro Tools 12.

We are not aware of the Native Instruments issue. Does it happen only when this particular plug-in (FM8) is loaded?

Thanks!

Regarding the crash, I didn't do extensive testing.
I've since been able to re-create the crash without any other plugins instantiated.
The dump shown below was from an empty session, one stereo audio track, (non-synth) BC Plugin.
Click the load script (in this case factory/gain) and boom. (but only sometimes!?)

I am unable to find any BC specific log files or other scraps of info that would help.
Running Pro Tools as admin or not doesn't seem to make a difference.

At first I was thinking it might be related to more than one plugin sharing resources, but now I'm not so sure.

I don't have the time right now to strap on a debugger, so I dont know what else I can do to get more detailed info.

This happens with 1.1 and 1.2b, so this might be a Pro Tools problem or at least partially a Pro Tools problem.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: ProTools.exe
Application Version: 12.2.0.152
Application Timestamp: 55d5c1e6
Fault Module Name: BC Plug'n Script AAX.aaxplugin
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 55af7600
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00000000002e0cf6
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.4
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: e0e3
Additional Information 2: e0e3e92e63d560ae95a0c6fddfd30e98
Additional Information 3: 7b13
Additional Information 4: 7b138a57ee3024ea4768efe3418322e7

From the report above, it looks like you are running Windows, right? If you happen to get the Avid Crash report window, would you mind saving the report and send it to us?

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”