Switching Plugin Presets on PatchWork via MIDI

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PatchWork Reverberate 3

Hi

I have loaded a VST (LiquidSonic Reverberate) on PatchWork x64 Standalone and I've set this slot to receive MIDI messages from my controller on Channel 15 (MIDI Input -> Host -> Ch15). With the CC assignments works great (as usual). Now, I have noticed that the plugin menu of this slot shows on "Presets" the list of the VST's presets (Warm Strings Hall, Concert Hall, etc) and I will like to know how can I switch between the presets with MIDI messages. I have used Program-Changes and it didn't worked.

And btw, it will be awesome if the active preset were displayed below the VST name, something similar (or better) to this:
PatchWork.jpg
Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If the plug-in does not support program change then you will not be able to do this at this point (PatchWork can load its own presets using MIDI program change, but it cannot assign program change messages for hosted plug-ins).

What about add a knob Control at the right of the VST's name for make this task? Having the option to assign this to a CC midi with 127 steps will be more than enough for me :hyper: With this and the PatchWork's own Presets it will be beyond awesome !

And here are a few feature requests:

For the behaviour of the mouse over the slots:
Right click = opens the menu
Double click = Show Editor VST (this way can be removed the window icon at the right of the VST (window_icon.png) and be subtituted with the VST's Programs Change button as show in the image below)

Add the support to assign with MIDI the VST's ON/OFF button:
Since MIDI use 0-127 steps, there remain 40 CC that aren't used on PW (48 are used for assign PW parameters and 40 for the VST MIDI Map). I guess that maybe they'll be added on a future update with this purposes (and it explain why are not added also as CCs). It still will need 24 CCs more to add the whole (8 Columns x 8 Rows = 64 CCs), but any of those two are more important than assign the Solo Button (since the other rows can be bypassed).
PatchWork 1.74.jpg
PatchWork 1.74 (without Solo Button).jpg
Load & Save all the chain of VSTs on a Row as Presets
That is one of the features that I used a lot on Xlutop Chainer and hope to see it implement on a future update of this great software.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”