Remote - Naming on Mac

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I found this plugin to solve a problem I was having in VE Pro together with Ableton Live. Ve Pro 5 does not expose the vst parameters on the plugins running on the slave machine so I am unable to automate my plugins. Remote 16 allowed me to map the plugin in Ve Pro 5 server in live by creating a 'dummy' set of vst parameters that I could then learn from Ve Pro. All is good with the world again !!

My only issue I have found when running Remote 16/32/64 on the Mac (El Capitan - 10.11.5) in Ableton (9.6.2) is that nothing happens when I click on the label C1. This is suppose to allow me to rename the parameter to something meaningful.

Just a small hinderance, but is this a known issue when running the Remote plugin on the Mac (VST-Latest version as of today) and/or some compatibility issue with Live?

If I create a new skin can I provide my own names (this would certainly be a viable workaround considering the plugins benefit to my workflow)?

I have not tried the plugin on any other system/os at this point.

Edit: The plugin has the same issue in Studio one V2 (2.6.5.30360 x64) - Nothing happens when I click on the C1 label.
"It's alright to say things can only get better,
You haven't lost your brand new sweater.
Pure new wool, and perfect stitches,
Not the type of jumper that makes you itches."

Sultans of Ping

Hi,

Yes it is indeed a known issue on Mac that needs to be fixed. In the meantime, doing a find/replace in all xml files in the plug-in skin folder as follows should let you enter custom names:

replace all TEXT_FIELD with CUS_EDIT_BOX

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately, after the rename the plugins immediately crashed live. The xml was well formed in the editor I used (XML Spear). I will try again with a clean download as I also noticed the 16 channel version did not appear in the live browser before or after the xml content renaming.

Sultans of Ping

Even if the XML was not well-formed, it should definitely not crash... For the 16 controls version, do you get any error message when Live scans the plug-ins?

I re-downloaded the 3 plugins and tested the renaming with Blue Cat Remote Control 32 VST.vst once again.

It appears that the 16 channel version not loading in Live was specific to the latest beta (which understandably is in no way supported by you). So the good news is that all 3 do load in the latest stable 64 bit version of live.

However, after renaming the attributes in the xml files as suggested the same immediate crash happens. I should iterate that the crash does not occur when the plugins are scanned but when adding them to the audio or midi track (I tried both)

I specifically only altered the one set of xml files (that for the 32 channel version) so I could see how the other 2 versions behaved. In the case of the 16 and 64 version (unaltered xml) no crash occurred and the plugins operated correctly.

As this is a known issue I would appreciate if you would please supply a link or send privately the correctly compiled vst files with the correct xml that I can use to eliminate any mistakes I may be making updating your files.

Thank you for your help

Sultans of Ping

We will look at the problem in details and report back to you asap. We apologize for the delay.

Is there an update on this issue or is the functionality still broken?

Sultans of Ping

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”