Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
Blue Cat Audio
KVRAF

3035 posts since 7 Sep, 2004, from Paris (France)

Postby Blue Cat Audio; Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:29 am Re: Blue Cat's Destructor, a Distortion and Amp Simulation Modeler - Now Available!

@kylie: unless your pc has compatibility issues, it is very strongly recommended to upgrade to Windows 7 or 10 (forget about Windows 8...) anyway: XP has been deprecated 2 years ago and is not supported by Microsoft, so I'd be worried to rely on it...
kylie
KVRist

319 posts since 10 Jan, 2008

Postby kylie; Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:42 am Re: Blue Cat's Destructor, a Distortion and Amp Simulation Modeler - Now Available!

although I generally agree with you... it's a separate hand-picked setup that runs more stable than any other machine I had since the early 90s (except those running linux, that is ;) ). so I'd rather be worried not being able to rely on it.

somehow I had the hope that MS new rollup update policy (cumulative since fresh install) will be in place soon, but apparently I was wrong. it's not _that_ easy to get a fresh w7sp1 patched up to current anymore...
jtrake
KVRer

24 posts since 4 Jan, 2016

Postby jtrake; Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:21 am Re: Blue Cat's Destructor, a Distortion and Amp Simulation Modeler - Now Available!

Tried Destructor and bought it right away. A fresh take on amp modelling and distortion. Everything from really nice clean to totally insane distorted/destroyed sounds and the editing options are brilliant. This one begs for creativity and creation of unique guitar sounds and more. Thank you! :-)
HW: Macbook Pro 2015 i7, Lenovo w520, RME Babyface, Novation 61SL MkII DAWs: Cubase 8.5, Logic Pro X, Tracktion 7, Studio One 3 Fav VSTi: U-he, Spectrasonics Plugins: Flux, Soundtoys, Slate, Scuffham, Overloud, Valhalla
Blue Cat Audio
KVRAF

Postby Blue Cat Audio; Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:42 am Re: Blue Cat's Destructor, a Distortion and Amp Simulation Modeler - Now Available!

Glad that you like it! Feel free to share your unique creations (presets, sounds or videos)!
Blue Cat Audio
KVRAF

Postby Blue Cat Audio; Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:22 am Re: Blue Cat's Destructor, a Distortion and Amp Simulation Modeler - Now Available! [Update-1.01]

Blue Cat's Destructor has just been updated!

V1.01 mainly brings improvements to the demo version (removing some limitations) and fixes a few issues found in the initial release (full details below).

The update is free for existing customers and can be found at the same location as the initial full version (link received by email upon purchase).

What's New:
- Changed demo limitations: up to 5 instances allowed, bypass time changed to half a second, and bypass parameter is not affected anymore.
- Fixed: no more comb filtering when using the mix knob with oversampling.
- Fixed smooth bypass crossfade (used to produce clicks).
- WARNING: On mac the plugin now requires Mac OSX 10.7 and newer - support for 10.5 and 10.6 has been dropped.

Enjoy!

Previous

Moderator: Blue Cat Audio

Return to Blue Cat Audio