Blue Cat's Late Replies Creative Delay Workstation Released!

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Late Replies

As announced earlier this week, it’s time for us to unleash our brand new plug-in, Blue Cat’s Late Replies, our craziest creation ever: a powerful multi-tap and feedback delay plug-in, combined with a multi effect (25 effects included) and a VST, VST3 and Audio Units host!

Read more information about Blue Cat's Late Replies on our Blog

The plug-in is available for purchase with 25% off until September 17th, while existing customers get an extra 15% discount (check your email!) during the same period.
Enjoy!

Concept seems interesting but the interface elements are too small and dark for my old eyes. I can't find any options to resize ?

Have you tried the demo or are you referring to the screenshots? The GUI is actually already quite large...

Demo. On my 17" MacBook Pro the fonts are pretty hard to read. I appreciate that the interface is skinnable so maybe in the future you will be able to provide skins that have rather better contrast than blue text on a blue background. It's a pretty busy interface though and would benefit from being scaleable.

Thanks for the details. Scalable user interface will indeed be beneficial for many plug-ins, but unfortunately we are not there yet.

Blue Cat Audio wrote:Thanks for the details. Scalable user interface will indeed be beneficial for many plug-ins, but unfortunately we are not there yet.
Also consider that many people are using large, high resolution monitors in desktops, especially for "workstation" oriented setups. 27" 4k monitors aren't that expensive anymore.

It would probably be beneficial since there are likely a lot of users with room to expand, so to speak.
Last edited by Tappistry on Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

*edit, dupe

Backsnack wrote:Also consider that many people are using large, high resolution monitors in desktops, especially for "workstation" oriented setups. It would probably be beneficial since there are likely a lot of users with room to expand, so to speak.
Yes - rescaling is indeed in our list but it's a pretty complex topic on Windows, so it takes time to get things sorted out properly.

BTW, as you can see in some of our videos, we have rather large displays at the office too... :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_SaPSOBMKY

Blue Cat Audio wrote:
Backsnack wrote:Also consider that many people are using large, high resolution monitors in desktops, especially for "workstation" oriented setups. It would probably be beneficial since there are likely a lot of users with room to expand, so to speak.
Yes - rescaling is indeed in our list but it's a pretty complex topic on Windows, so it takes time to get things sorted out properly.

BTW, as you can see in some of our videos, we have rather large displays at the office too... :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_SaPSOBMKY
Ultrawide seems like it would be nice for extra long timelines. :)

Backsnack wrote:Ultrawide seems like it would be nice for extra long timelines. :)
It works pretty well when using tons of plug-ins on each tap too! :-)

Quick question regarding the installation of Late Replies... and my apologies if this is a stupid question because I haven't thoroughly read the manual yet.
I'm using a Mac (OS 10.10.5) with Bitwig 1.3.16 which supports 64 bit plugins. I downloaded all the Mac Late Reply files and in the Bitwig browser it shows up as BC Late Replies VST (32-bit). When I open Maschine it appears as BC Late Replies VST (which I am assuming is the 64 bit version because it isn't specifically indicating 32 bit).
Did I do something wrong during installation, or is the 64 bit version incompatible with Bitwig, or is there something else going on here?

Thanks for the help
If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance.

I am not sure what Bitwig is doing here, but if I remember well sometimes it will automatically bridge the plug-in and deactivate the 64-bit version - so you may want to check the settings for the plug-in. Or maybe you are using a 32-bit version of Bitwig?

All plug-in formats are both 32 and 64-bit in a single file.

Cannot get Ableton Live to recognize the demo Plugin. Have rebooted and rescanned my plugin folder but nothing appears ( Windows 10). Any ideas?

SHall1000 wrote:Cannot get Ableton Live to recognize the demo Plugin. Have rebooted and rescanned my plugin folder but nothing appears ( Windows 10). Any ideas?
We have answered to your question in the other post (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=490026). Please do not cross-post...

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”