Blue Cat's PatchWork 2.1 Released, with Built-in Audio Effects and GUI zoom! [Now 2.11]

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PatchWork

Blue Cat's PatchWork 2.1 is here, check it out! This is a free update for PatchWork V2 owners.

What's New:
- Added 25 new built-in effects borrowed from from Blue Cat's Late Replies: EQ, filters, pitch & frequency shifter, delays, modulation effects, compressor, gate, bit crusher, wave shaper and more.
- 75 New presets using built-in effects.
- The GUI can now be zoomed from 70% to 200%.
- New option to keep plug-ins windows always on top.
- Default preset now also saves the state of locks (when using "save as user default").
- Load PatchWork into itself as a built-in effect.
- Fixed host keyboard shortcuts lost when a sub plug-in is opened (in several host applications).
- Fixed wrong number of channels used when hosted plug-in input set to manual and output to auto.
- Fixed sub-plug-ins automation overwritten when using touch mode in some hosts.
- VST2: fixed a crash in Wavelab.
- Mac: new installer.
- Mac: fixed minor compatibility issues with Mac OS High Sierra.
- Windows: fixed plug-in windows not showing on displays on the left or above the main display.

PatchWork Overview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvFbD_889z4

Getting Started with PatchWork:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ocv6ez5-8c

Enjoy!

Some of the built-in effects:

Wow! You guys are full of good ideas :o
Looking forward to the update email.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

You can already download the latest version using the link provided by email upon purchase (you may have to refresh the web page).

I just posted a message here on a possible bug with Patchwork 2.1

That’s an incredible set of features for a free update!

Looking forward to some user comments on the built-in effects and new presets. Looks like this is aiming to be a one-stop-shop for staple mixing effects. :)

Edit: Also very happy to see Blue Cat introducing more resizable GUIs! Gonna have to pick up the Crafter’s Pack soon. :D

Edit 2: I'm intrigued by the applications of playing PatchWork as a MIDI-controlled instrument. Any plans on upcoming videos for some ideas?
Last edited by Tappistry on Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:26 am, edited 3 times in total.

:party: Very nice update ! BlueCat, you're on a roll, lately !

Tappistry wrote:Also very happy to see Blue Cat introducing more resizable GUIs! Gonna have to pick up the Crafter’s Pack soon. :D
Plug'n Script already has the zooming feature, and for sure there is more to come...
Tappistry wrote:I'm intrigued by the applications of playing PatchWork as a MIDI-controlled instrument. Any plans on upcoming videos for some ideas?
What do you mean? PatchWork can indeed be used to host instruments that can be controlled via MIDI like any VI.

Blue Cat Audio wrote:
Tappistry wrote:I'm intrigued by the applications of playing PatchWork as a MIDI-controlled instrument. Any plans on upcoming videos for some ideas?
What do you mean? PatchWork can indeed be used to host instruments that can be controlled via MIDI like any VI.
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the feature set. After reading the features, I'm under the impression that Patchwork itself could be played/triggered like a virtual instrument. IE, load a bunch of effects into an instance of Patchwork, then use it as a MIDI triggered effect chain on a track.

Tappistry wrote:
Blue Cat Audio wrote:Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the feature set. After reading the features, I'm under the impression that Patchwork itself could be played/triggered like a virtual instrument. IE, load a bunch of effects into an instance of Patchwork, then use it as a MIDI triggered effect chain on a track.
You can indeed host both instruments and effects and trigger them using MIDI, so I guess the answer is yes!

Updated to 2.1 and when loading a track preset in Cubase 9.5 (macOS 10.13.1) saved using the VST3 version of PatchWork, its contents load then immediately PatchWork reverts to a default empty state and all the contents disappears.

Rolled back to PatchWork 2.0 and it seems to be working again (Loading VST3 track presets in Cubase).

Makes me nervous.

orchetect wrote:Rolled back to PatchWork 2.0 and it seems to be working again (Loading VST3 track presets in Cubase).
That's actually surprising, because it is a known Cubase issue that the VST3 instrument version of PatchWork will be reset to default when reloading a session (and probably a track preset too). We hoped they would fix it with Cubase 9.5 but it seems they haven't done anything yet, and since the thread about the bug has been deleted on their developer forum, I guess they won't fix it anytime soon... The VST2 version has no problem though.

So we have just issued a new version of PatchWork (2.11) that solves this problem (in fact we got rid of VST3 factory presets support, which is very poorly implemented by Steinberg - I think the only other host also having issues with it is Traktion).

What's new in PatchWork 2.11:
- Last loaded preset is now remembered in session and displayed in the presets menu.
- Plug-in state can now be reverted to the last loaded preset.
- VST3: factory presets are not exposed to the host application anymore - this fixes the problem of Cubase resetting the state of the instrument version upon session reload.

Please tell us if it works for you too!

Blue Cat Audio wrote:What's new in PatchWork 2.11:
- Last loaded preset is now remembered in session and displayed in the presets menu.
- Plug-in state can now be reverted to the last loaded preset.
- VST3: factory presets are not exposed to the host application anymore - this fixes the problem of Cubase resetting the state of the instrument version upon session reload.

Please tell us if it works for you too!
Seems to be holding so far. :tu:

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”