Wishlist for 2018

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As a recent Crafter's Pack owner, I'm loving the new interface designs of MB-7 and Patchwork. The depth of functionality between Patchwork, MB-7, and Destructor are immense and I'll be keeping busy with them for quite some time.

I demo'ed a few of the plugins in the Master Bundle this weekend, and it seems like at least few of them haven't seen any updates for quite some time. Hoping to see some interface updates for Dynamics, MB-5 Dynamics, and DP-Meter Pro next year.

The Groove3 instructional videos for MB-7 and Patchwork have been immensely helpful for newbie such as myself. Here's hoping for more interface redesigns and Groove3 instructional videos next year! :pray: :love:

Edit: sorry meant Groove3 video for Desructor, not Patchwork.

These are indeed legitimate requests! We'll ask Santa if he can give us a bit of help on these! :-)

Glad to hear it. Looking forward to what you guys have in store for 2018!

There's a lot :-)

Also, I also have some feature requests for your EQ plugins. I've been demoing the rest of the range of your products that I don't own over the holiday break.

I love the analog saturation/compression on the Parametr'EQ series to warm up a track. However, I find that draggable visual points on a spectrum are far more intuitive for workflow, more like the Liny EQ. At the risk of betraying the original design language of the plugin, it would benefit from a freely click and draggable workflow. IMO, this tends to be more intuitive than adjusting sliders and knobs.

Regarding the Liny EQ, I think this is your guys' best EQ plugin. The color spectrogram is unique and provides a way to visualize "heat" or energy that I haven't seen in any other EQ. However, the fixed frequency bands seems to limit the overall utility. If this was changed into something that combined a similar workflow like I described above, with adjustable bands, I think you guys would have a fantastic mastering tool.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

The Parametr'EQ series have indeed not been updated for a while. We have plans for them but there has been a lot of work on other products lately.

For Liny EQ, that's because the frequencies are fixed that we can achieve such a low latency. It would be quite hard to keep the latency minimal and have full control over the frequency response.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”