Plug'n'Script Export Questions

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tried my first export and I'm delighted to say that it worked beautifully. I sent it to a friend and it worked just as expected on his system as well.

However, the one thing I can't seem to make work is exporting the pdf manual. Can you explain: what do you name the file, where do you put it, and what, if anything, extra do you need to do in the export process? Or, is there some post-export action that is required? If so, the same first two parts of the previous question still apply.

Another question involves the visibility of source code. I see that the export took my source code and named it "default.cxx" or something like that (I'm not at my DAW). Now, in my case, I plan to let the source code be public in any case. But what if I did not? Can a plug-in based on a cxx script be distributed with the source code protected?

Thanks for any info.

Glad that it works well for you.

For the pdf manual, you should simply name it with the name of the script + .pdf at the end so that it is copied during export. For example: myscript.cxx and myscript.pdf.

Scripts are indeed not encrypted in the exported plug-in. If you really want to distribute a plug-in and keep the source code closed, it is recommended to use a native script instead (compiled C or C++).

Blue Cat Audio wrote: For the pdf manual, you should simply name it with the name of the script + .pdf at the end so that it is copied during export. For example: myscript.cxx and myscript.pdf.
Hmmm, I thought I tried that and had no success. I will need to double check to make sure the names were identical. Also, where does the .pdf file go? I assume it should be in the same directory as the .cxx file. Is that right?

Yes, that's the way it is supposed to be. Before exporting, you can check that the question mark properly appears at the right of the plug-in title.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”