Stream Boy - Back on Stream!

RELATED
PRODUCTS

‘Stream Boy’ enables the real-time streaming of audio data from a track, or tracks, between multiple host applications. ‘Stream Boy’ now also provides the functionality to record, to disc, the composite audio stream from within any Rx instance within any host!

Key features:
  • Stream individual audio tracks from one host application to another - and back!
  • Use multiple hosts as a virtual audio network (CPU permitting) and record the result, at high quality, to disc.
  • Supports multiple streams and multiple hosts!
  • Stream one track to another track within the same or different host or hosts.
  • Stream the master output from your working host directly into your mastering application - no need to repeatedly render your work to disc.
  • Use one host for arranging and another as an effects engine!
  • Access dedicated (non-VST) effects from one host in your other hosts - and vice versa!
  • It is as easy to use as any VST plug-in.
  • Auto detection of available audio streams.
  • Auto audio sync between different hosts.
  • Auto detection of new instances, Tx/Rx state and host sample rate compatibility.
  • Auto detection of a terminated stream.
  • Configurable latency (depending on hosts).
  • It is fully PDC (Plug-in Delay Compensation) compatible.
  • Recording formats include 16-Bit and 32-Bit floating point stereo .wav output.
'Stream Boy' can be downloaded directly from this link:

Share-it! Download for Stream Boy.

The demo is good for 14 days and mutes the sound every 10 seconds.

Cheers and Enjoy!
Last edited by Space Boy on Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

:hail: :hail: :hail:

How many streams can it support?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote::hail: :hail: :hail:

How many streams can it support?
Maximum is set to 20.

More than enough. I gots to try me this in an instance of BiduleVST within energyXT running inside Sonar, and see if I can send stuff to AudioMulch and back... :)

I been waiting for a JACK-for-Windows type thingy for a long time... Merci...

whyterabbyt wrote:More than enough. I gots to try me this in an instance of BiduleVST within energyXT running inside Sonar, and see if I can send stuff to AudioMulch and back... :)

I been waiting for a JACK-for-Windows type thingy for a long time... Merci...
Please give it a try and let us know how you get on.

congrats on another wonderful product. :) looking forward to other ones as well.

Currently testing... I can send from AudioMulch to Sonar... occasional dropouts on my first attemt, but that is probably down the fact that Ive not looked at the StreamBoy docs at all...

...and thats AudioMulch sending to BiduleVSY inside energyXT inside Sonar... same occasional dropouts, but thinking about it Ive been buggering about with Sonar's audio engine settings a bit, so it may be something Ive set ie buffers or something.

Whatever... I'm sure I'll sort it out with a bit of fiddling. Pretty damned impressive though...

whyterabbyt wrote:Currently testing... I can send from AudioMulch to Sonar... occasional dropouts on my first attemt, but that is probably down the fact that Ive not looked at the StreamBoy docs at all...
No, the dropouts are down to the fact that, in the demo version, all Tx instances stop transmitting for a few seconds every 10 - 15 seconds or so. The dropouts will always occur with the demo version.

You can test this by loading a Tx and Rx instance in the same host on two different tracks. If you Mute the Tx instance and connect the Rx instance to its stream, when you press play, the audio will dropout occasionally as described.

There is nothing wrong with your host.

This is explained in the accompanying text.

Paul

Wonderfull!! Now THATS a revolution in the hosts expansion... :love:

Space Boy wrote:
No, the dropouts are down to the fact that, in the demo version, all Tx instances stop transmitting for a few seconds every 10 - 15 seconds or so. The dropouts will always occur with the demo version....
This is explained in the accompanying text.
Now I did point out the bit where I hadnt read the documents yet, didnt I? ;)

:oops: :oops:

Anyways, thanks again, its gonna be really useful...

So where's the pricing already. I haven't had a chance to read the whole threads or docs butthis sounds EXACTLY like the thing I need to help me forget about hardware mixer/recorder setup. I'd rather record submixes on the fly instead of bouncing them down. I have found solutions with using something like TapeIt and then inporting the recorded file... kills my creative workflow. Being able to record new track instantly is just what I need.

$24.95 according to the website...

whyterabbyt wrote: Now I did point out the bit where I hadnt read the documents yet, didnt I? ;)
Actually, you made a good point. I didn't make it obvious enough that dropouts can occur in the demo.

Paul

Hi,

Stream Boy is now available again. See the top of this thread for details.

NEW FEATURE! Stream Boy now also provides the functionality to record the composite audio stream from within any Rx instance within any host!

Give it a try.

Paul

That's a crazy plug-in...hey, could you use Reason RV reverb on a track in Cubase with this? No, cos there's no way to bring audio into Reason...right?

Return to “Elevayta”