Frequency matching of EQ boy is wrong

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i think it's broken, it doesn't make sense to me...

I was comparing with Curve EQ and ozone which seem to work as expected.

I followed the exact instructions multiple times..

I will take this huge drum loop with a bassdrum and huge bottom end, capture the eq curve, and apply it to a tinny loop. This is just to test.

The voxengo basically adds tons of bottom, etc, as it should sound.

Yours just doesn't do anything like that! It adds no bottome end! how isthat possible considering the source I have used??

Try saving out the individual EQs and swapping the order. The processing is relatively simple.

If my target track has an EQ curve A and I want to make it sound like EQ curve B then I need to multiply my target track by B/A.

So if my target track A has no bass and I capture a track B with a lot of bass then B/A is a large number divided by a small number which should yield a very large number.

According to my tests, this is how FreEQ boy is working.

Hmm never thought of doing it that way. I figured it would have somthing to do with the different averaging calculation methods in different plugins. Thanks for this info.

L

Space Boy wrote:Try saving out the individual EQs and swapping the order. The processing is relatively simple.

If my target track has an EQ curve A and I want to make it sound like EQ curve B then I need to multiply my target track by B/A.

So if my target track A has no bass and I capture a track B with a lot of bass then B/A is a large number divided by a small number which should yield a very large number.

According to my tests, this is how FreEQ boy is working.
I will try, but i thought that's what I did. I will also post the test mp3's shortly today.

Thanks,
Theo

Oh also it will be interesting to see what Paul's results are with his own plugin, which will show if I am doing it wrong.

:lol: @ your tagline.. Yea sometimes it just takes swaping the signals around to make it work.. :?

L

I think the freq matching part works quite well in FreEQ Boy - in fact when you're done you can continue to draw on the curve. Some of the other matching EQs either don't allow that or you have to use additional eq controls.

It's the matching switch that was bugging me - is anyone else getting a loud noise when you switch it on or off?

Yea don't switch it off use the humidity instead (hopefully you don't have it tweaked)..

L

Space Boy wrote:If my target track has an EQ curve A and I want to make it sound like EQ curve B then I need to multiply my target track by B/A.
years after my purchase, i still don't know how to do that :oops:
how to divide B by A ?
how to multiply the result by A ?

i have captured the curve
inserted the plug into the track to be eqed and what i obtain is a muddy sound with few bass and top end :help:

Return to “Elevayta”