Available Now - Elevayta Klean Boy!

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

It's been a while, I know. We've been busy. :wink:

Here is a new tool we're hoping to release soon. It's called 'Elevayta Klean Boy'!

'Elevayta Klean Boy' is a tool that can be used to reduce broadband noise from stereo digital recordings. Typical applications include restoration of audio from tape recordings and vinyl. Where most other similar tools require to learn the noise floor before correction can begin, 'Elevayta Klean Boy' provides a choice between manual sampling of the noise floor or fully automatic continuous and adaptive extraction of the noise floor. The automatic extraction mode provides the advantage that it can be used on material where no easy sampling of the noise is possible.

It is common in such applications that, unless care is taken in the design, the noise reduction process also removes a considerable portion of the signal of interest as well as introducing artifacts. 'Elevayta Klean Boy', however, provides a number of proprietary algorithms that are designed to ensure that the noise is reduced while leaving as much of the signal as possible and without artifacts.

Control of key parameters enables optimization to a broad range of material. Above all, 'Elevayta Klean Boy' is designed to be easy and intuitive to use.
  • Manual or fully Automatic high quality broadband noise (and hum) reduction from any stereo digital audio material.
  • Floating point signal processing with Oversampling.
  • Manual mode for use when a noise floor sample is available or preferred.
  • Fully Automatic mode learns and adapts the noise floor in real time, extracting the noise floor even from the signal of interest.
  • A choice of 4 noise reduction algorithms.
  • Elevayta's unique 7 band panning EQ.
  • Full flexibility over key processing parameters enables easy optimization to suite material.
  • Tools tips and context sensitive GUI.
  • Full PDC Compensation (in compatible hosts).
  • Instructions included.
  • Microsoft Windows only.
  • Vista compatible.
So, keep a lookout on the Elevayta site. A download and demos will be available soon.

Paul
Last edited by Space Boy on Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

That sounds very interesting! I am always searching for a similar plugin, not so much because my old tapes and their noise would disturb me, but to get rid of noise from fieldrecordings with minidisc-recorder and such stuff. I already own some of your products, and this looks like it could attract many people here :)

would be nice to see some more restauration tools: for clicks and pops and for clipped audio.

but i want hiss and clicks and pops and sidenoise and grid and dirt and unwantedness :lol: :D jk

hope you guys will sell like hell ;)

remmie

Elevayta Klean Boy is now available. You may like to check out the demo at:

Elevayta Klean Boy Product Page

Paul

I can't get it to work in Nuendo 3 or 4 on my Quad Core PC.
One audio track, one instance and it is stuttering all over.......

rsp

zvenx wrote:I can't get it to work in Nuendo 3 or 4 on my Quad Core PC.
One audio track, one instance and it is stuttering all over.......

rsp
What's the CPU level reading?

it is jumping like crazy...fluctuating from 5% to pegged in the space of milliseconds.
rsp

zvenx wrote:it is jumping like crazy...fluctuating from 5% to pegged in the space of milliseconds.
rsp
Did you try it in a different host?

Does the behavior change after you have acquired a noise sample?

P.S. Klean Boy is using a buffer of 16384 samples. You may need to adjust some configuration of Nuendo or your sound card to cope with this.

If you are using ASIO then you may need to increase Latency setting. I have mine set to 50 ms.

Nuendo is the only host I have and does PDC (Automatic Delay Compensation).
I don't even get to acquire the noise sample since it is cracking from the minute I hit play.
But I think I know what the problem may be. I typically use 2ms latencies. And all your other plug ins work fine with it. And all other plug ins I use with the exception of some NI vsti's.
OH well, if it is ever written to be able to work in low latency environment I may retry it, I will just delete the demo.
thanks anyway.
rsp

zvenx wrote:Nuendo is the only host I have and does PDC (Automatic Delay Compensation).
I don't even get to acquire the noise sample since it is cracking from the minute I hit play.
But I think I know what the problem may be. I typically use 2ms latencies. And all your other plug ins work fine with it. And all other plug ins I use with the exception of some NI vsti's.
OH well, if it is ever written to be able to work in low latency environment I may retry it, I will just delete the demo.
thanks anyway.
rsp
Before you delete it, could you possibly try with a latency of 50 ms to see if this solves the problem (before I start looking into the code again)?

ok, let me do that.
rsp

ok, my sound card doesn't go that high. I took it to 25 which is its maximum (at 12 it still stutters but the cpu performance is still but pegged), it plays but cpu usage is showing 100%. which can't be right on a :

QX6700 Quad Core machine with 4GB RAM.
rsp

ok, once I get the noise sample the cpu usage goes way down.....
rsp

zvenx wrote:ok, once I get the noise sample the cpu usage goes way down.....
rsp
OK, Thanks. That helps me a lot.

I'm testing on an AMD Dual Core without any problems (of course). It's possible that on a Pentium there is some denormalization taking place before the noise sample is available.

Return to “Elevayta”