Elevayta Plug-ins on 64-bit Windows 7 - Your Experiences

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I'm interested to know if anyone is using Elevayta plug-ins on a 64-bit Windows 7 installation.

They are not specifically designed for a 64-bit machine, but anyway use floating point arithmetic throughout. I have not tested on a 64-bit machine and would like to know if they are running on this platform or if I need to provide specific support.

What are your experiences?

Thanks

Paul
Elevayta

I have tried Choir Boy (Demo), Klean Boy (Demo), and Player Boy on Windows 7 64bit and encountered no problems that would seem to be Windows 7 or 64bit specific in nature.

I did encounter some bugs in the Demo version of Klean Boy and posted them here:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=294535

I am now using CS5 so use of the utilities within Premiere Pro (which is 64bit only) is no longer possible.

I could use Adobe Soundbooth I suppose since that is still 64 bit, but I don't remember if the plugin had the same issues as it did in the 32 bit Premiere Pro (CS4).

I'm using them here on Windows 7 64bit, and the ones I use work fine in all my hosts, apart from SpaceBoy in Renoise.

SpaceBoy won't talk to the other instances, and talking to the Renoise devs it's because their wrapping system uses some kind of sand-boxing that can't cope with this. For this reason, I would LOVE a 64bit build of SpaceBoy so that Renoise doesn't need to wrap the 32bit plugin. I would be happy to pay an upgrade fee for it.

Spaceboy, boy do I miss that plugin...

If you can come up with
- a 64 bit version which works in Cubase 7 64 bit (Win7 64) and
- a sure way to overcome the instance number limitation
either by allowing way more streams, or by encoding I don't know, 10 or 20 different VST iDs into the clones of your original dll, or any other way ofc...
(because the .dll file renaming you mentioned never worked with the demo I downloaded, and I tried it on three different DAWs)

Then I'll be the first one purchasing it :D

Bump

Space Boy wrote:Hi,

I'm interested to know if anyone is using Elevayta plug-ins on a 64-bit Windows 7 installation.

They are not specifically designed for a 64-bit machine, but anyway use floating point arithmetic throughout. I have not tested on a 64-bit machine and would like to know if they are running on this platform or if I need to provide specific support.

What are your experiences?

Thanks

Paul
Elevayta
Hi Paul,

Yes, I downloaded the most recent Wider Boy Pro demo to try out with this setup (64 bit Windows 7). I get a 'plugin failed to load' message in Pro Tools or occasionally it does load but none of the features are visible. It's a shame as from what I hear when it does temporarily load it sounds capable of achieving what I want.

Seems to me specific support is needed.

Cassie.

Return to “Elevayta”