Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New

Predator-RE

Concretefx
KVRAF

2471 posts since 6 Feb, 2003, from UK

Postby Concretefx; Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:07 am Predator-RE

Hi there

We are proud to announce that Predator-RE , the Reason version of Predator, has been released.

Predator-RE is a killer synthesizer that combines inspiring preset's and first-class features to make this your 'go-to' synthesizer for contemporary music production. The user interface has been designed so that all controls are visible on screen, making it fun and incredibly easy-to-use.

Predator-RE is packed with powerful features such as oscillators which also can modulate each other, two filters which can be combined in a very wicked way and offer 27 different filter types included comb and vocal-filter, 3 top quality fx units with 25 fx types, Unison Detune, Chord Memory and an extremely versatile Arpeggiator.

Predator-RE also offers inputs into the filter, 3 fx units and vocoder, and access to Reason's unique CV and GATE features are also available at the back panel.
And last but not least, Predator-RE's arpeggiator has outputs, so can be used to control other Reason plug-ins.

Included are almost 4000 preset's divided into several style banks. There is no contemporary music style that is not covered by the sound of Predator-RE!

You can demo & download it at Propellerhead's shop.

http://shop.propellerheads.se/product/p ... nstrument/

It is available for 99 Euro / $119. We cannot offer cross-grades between current Predator owners and Predator-RE due to how Propellerhead handles sales, so we have reduced the price for Predator-RE from the vst/au price. For cross-grades from Predator-RE to Predator vst/au, we are considering that, give us an email.

Cheers

Jon
eXode
KVRian

749 posts since 2 Jun, 2004, from Tellus

Postby eXode; Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:11 am

Congratulations! :D
Concretefx
KVRAF

Postby Concretefx; Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:20 am

Thanks, it's been fun doing it :)

Cheers

Jon
drez
KVRian

600 posts since 22 Jan, 2003, from Dallas, TX

Postby drez; Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:56 am

Thanks so much for the effort and being early adopters with not only the SDK, but the beginnings of the RE model and the "process" that goes hand and hand with that. This will make it better for all Dev's as your feedback to them is priceless. You've done a fantastic job with the UI even with the limitations of the SDK. I think it looks sharp and the sound is undeniably Predator.

I know the Reason community has had their torches and pitchforks out at your front door clamoring for it, so hopefully you'll reap the rewards :)

KUDOS team Papen!
-="I beat the Internet...the end guy is hard"=-
Ciberithm
KVRist

367 posts since 6 Apr, 2011

Postby Ciberithm; Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:28 am

Concretefx wrote:Included are almost 4000 preset's divided into several style banks. There is no contemporary music style that is not covered by the sound of Predator-RE!

That's too bad about Propellerheads policys preventing cross-grades from the VST version. Will my soundsets from Predator VST work with the RE version, or will I have to purchase / make them over again as well?
Concretefx
KVRAF

Postby Concretefx; Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:30 am

Predator-RE only loads in repatch files (as per Propellerhead policy), so you will have to translate.

At the moment I have something internal that translates vst banks to repatch files, but in the next couple of weeks I will release a proper piece of software that allows anyone to translate them.

Until then, if any one wants to translate their patches, just send me an email with them and I'll send back repatch files.

Cheers

Jon
eXode
KVRian

Postby eXode; Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:49 am

Jon,

I read on the props forum that you were thinking about adding a user setting for oversampling (it's locked to 32 internally now) to enable users to save CPU. This gets my vote!

I have another unrelated request. Please, please, please consider "grouping" the oscillator waveforms list. It's a HUGE list and it's very unintuitive to scroll through the whole list (esp if you want something at the end) so perhaps groups for "Saw" & "Square" etc.

Cheers!
Last edited by eXode on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Concretefx
KVRAF

Postby Concretefx; Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:54 am

About the menu , I would have like sub-menus but you can't have them with the sdk and if I re-order the list then current presets would load in the wrong wave. So I'm afraid I have to keep them as they are.

And over-sampling, I think it's a reasonable addition.

Cheers

Jon
eXode
KVRian

Postby eXode; Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:19 am

I see, thanks for clarifying!

Concretefx wrote:About the menu , I would have like sub-menus but you can't have them with the sdk and if I re-order the list then current presets would load in the wrong wave. So I'm afraid I have to keep them as they are.

And over-sampling, I think it's a reasonable addition.

Cheers

Jon
ObsoleteAcc99
Banned

Postby ObsoleteAcc99; Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:54 am

wow the first RE that makes my cpu work...! :shock:

sounds lovely.
GregHPSon
KVRer

28 posts since 10 Jun, 2012, from Fort Worth, Texas

Postby GregHPSon; Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:53 pm

Congrats Rob & Jon!!!

Thank you both for all of your hard work to bring this baby to Reason users. I'm really enjoying playing around with it & instantly it has sparked my creativity.
Concretefx
KVRAF

Postby Concretefx; Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:49 am

Thansk :)

Cheers

Jon
ObsoleteAcc99
Banned

Postby ObsoleteAcc99; Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:10 am

just noticed the tape delay isn't there.. was so planning to use it :cry:

also have spent half hour trying to work out how to use the filters and effects on audio tracks and i haven't been able to work it out, i can't even work out how to use the arp on say the korg polysix...

Edit.. just found the pdf manual, phew, hopefully this will help. :)
Last edited by ObsoleteAcc99 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
ObsoleteAcc99
Banned

Postby ObsoleteAcc99; Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:12 am

LOL there was an on off button i didn't notice.. next to each section

:dog:
ObsoleteAcc99
Banned

Postby ObsoleteAcc99; Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:21 am

Ok have the effects and the vocoder working, have it down pat, but can not for the life of me still work out how to get the filter to affect the audio input, or the arp.
Next

Moderators: Meffy, Concretefx, Rob Papen

Return to Rob Papen