installing MTBass and gtr without ManyStation?

Official support for: manytone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I want to install ManyBass and ManyGuitar to a laptop with limited hard drive space, and I have no real need for ManyStation, so is it possible to just install these two VSTs without the 20 gig library that is created by the ManyStation install?

Thanks

miden wrote:I want to install ManyBass and ManyGuitar to a laptop with limited hard drive space, and I have no real need for ManyStation, so is it possible to just install these two VSTs without the 20 gig library that is created by the ManyStation install?

Thanks

Hello miden
You don't need ManyStation installed to be able to install ManyBass or ManyGuitar. Just follow the instructions included with ManyBass or ManyGuitar and they install as their own product.

BTW ManyStation is not 20 gig. It is only about 2 gig or so.
Paul

Thanks Paul, sorry about that, I seem to recall the folder that gets created on the C drive called ManyStation Data ws about 20 gig ins size??

Anyhoo - what about the soundsets and skins etc etc? Can I just manually copy those to the C drive on theSurface?

I thought these could only be installed using the ManyStation Install routines?

Dennis

miden wrote:Thanks Paul, sorry about that, I seem to recall the folder that gets created on the C drive called ManyStation Data ws about 20 gig ins size??

Anyhoo - what about the soundsets and skins etc etc? Can I just manually copy those to the C drive on theSurface?

I thought these could only be installed using the ManyStation Install routines?

Dennis
You can't just copy over all the files and folders. You need to run the installers for each program (ManyBass and ManyGuitar) as they create entries in the reg and put the files in the right place.
ManyStation is still only around 2 gig ;-)
Paul

Sorry m8, I wasn't disagreeing :) - okay what about stuff like the UBK kit and the OvaBass? Can I copy those over?

Yes .... the soundsets like the upright and ubk etc can be copied to the install folder.
Cheers

Thanks for your help Paul, much appreciated :)

Dennis

Some final (?) questions please Paul:

What about the ManyStation DATA.bin files?

And I am still getting confused re 2 gig size you mentioned as the ManyBass Sound set by itself is over 2gig???This does not include the bonus Ova Bass or UBK sets.

Not trying to be argumentative or obtuse, but I am confused about exactly what I need to install as the VSTi installers (MB and MG) do not seem anywhere large enough to have all those samples included...

PS: btw do you know of any issues with Windows 8.1?

Do you have the original emails with your downloads listed for ManyBass and ManyGuitar. There are samples to download for them In separate installers from the vsti installer file. But you could try to just transfer those over from another install but it is safer to reinstall fully and properly.
What about the ManyStation DATA.bin files?
That is only for ManyStations soundsets and some data. You said you did not want to install that and you do not need to if you don't want ManyStation.

ManyStaion is just over 2 gig.
ManyBass is 2.4 gig
ManyGuitar is around 1 gig
The addons range from 200 meg to 500 meg.

All sounds from above should end up in one folder.... so if you installed ManyStation first, all sounds go there even though ManyBass and MG have separate installers. This allows all sounds to be used in any of our vsti.

If you need to I can resend you links to download ManyBass and ManyGuitar as the Instructions that come with the mail (and the full install package) will help immensely if you do not have them. Just email me and include your email address that you purchased with and I will send links.

We know of no issues with win 8.

Paul

Hi Folks
I was curious as to why this thread is getting so many hits in our ManyTone Company forum. The amount of hits are typically hundreds a day which is about a 100 times more than any other thread in our forum. Where are you guys coming from that are checking this thread so much?
Regards
Paul

Return to “Manytone Music”