64bit?

Official support for: manytone.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Are there any 64bit versions of ManyBass and ManyGuitar?

Hi dickiefunk
At this time we do not have 64 bit versions. No promises at this point, but we are trying to get this accomplished.
Thanks
Paul

Hi again!

I use Ableton Live at this point and its a 32 bit host. Ableton will however release a 64 bit version in the near future. When that happans I will immediately change to the 64 version.

I understand that its hard to give any promises regarding your version but is it possible to say if its going to happen at all or is it just a matter of when.

All the best
Mårten

All I can say is that we are trying to get this accomplished, but again I can't promise anything at this time.

Sorry I can't be more specific, other than mentioning that having 64 bit versions is something we are working on.
Paul

I can see almost a year has passed since lasr post here.
So I'll ask again: Is there any signs of a 64 bit ManyBass version in the near future, - both mac and pc?

At this point I would say perhaps in the successor to ManyBass version 1, but not in the current version. To keep on top of the fast moving software world we really need to concentrate on new innovative products. That involves starting from the ground up with a new engine and features and sample formats etc.

We are working on those things but it takes a lot more time than I hoped.
I can't make any promises other than saying we are working to get this accomplished. I wish I could be more detailed, but I just can't talk about new products til we are ready to announce them officially.

Until then ManyBass is still our main product that has not had any bug reports in a long time, and works 100% in its 32 bit version. It also works when bridged to 64 bit.
Paul

I'm just finally building my 64-bit system, and trying to get all my plugins updated to 64-bit and to eliminate the ones that aren't. So I am just finding out this morning that ManyBass is still 32-bit.

I guess I can eventually try it with 32Lives to see if I can continue using it, though it remains to be seen if using 32Lives is going to compromise the efficiency of the 64-bit DAW or not. I'm not sure if it is clever enough to have the DAW believe that ManyBass is 64-bit and not compromise performance.

Anyway... you have another customer here who would love to get an official 64-bit upgrade to ManyBass that would allow all my old projects that use ManyBass to open up as I left them in 64-bit Digital Performer 8. For now I will just use DP8 in 32-bit mode until each project is 64-bit clean.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry that Apple is making it so difficult for developers to keep up. I think we are all getting screwed because of the way they operate.

Zedd
Somewhere in the background zedd

Another vote here for a 64 bit version. Forget the from the ground up product, we have enough mega sampled, lots of RAM expensive basses, but sometimes we want something with a light footprint that just works and sounds great .. like manybass.
W11 i9-13900K, 64GB Cubase, UAD/Motu Monitor 8 front end and more plugins then I ever actually need :D

ManyBass 64bit would be much appreciated - I use iit a lot via 32Lives now! Thank you.

manytone wrote:Until then ManyBass is still our main product that has not had any bug reports in a long time, and works 100% in its 32 bit version. It also works when bridged to 64 bit.
Paul
Since moving on to DP8 64-bit, I haven't been using ManyBass for a couple of years. But I did buy 32Lives and I just happened to open up an old project I wanted to finish and I really liked the bass instrument on the project and discovered it was an instance of ManyBass.

Again, I came looking to see if there was a 64-bit version of ManyBass and there still isn't, which is a bit of a shame because I'd love to get back to using ManyBass in every project.

But what I can say is that it appears that ManyBass is working quite well bridged with 32Lives. I can't even tell that it is a 32-bit plugin and all of my ManyBass user presets are still available and working as if nothing had changed. So that's good news. I think I'm going to start using it again because I'm really digging the results. I hope that there will eventually be a 64-bit version which will have the same sounds. It would be cool if a newer product would be able to read or convert old preset settings... but maybe that's too much extra work. I don't know. I guess at this point I'll keep using the 32-bit version in whatever projects they were originally used in, so maybe that won't matter... though I have created some nice presets.

I wouldn't mind being on a mailing list so that I'll know when new products are released. Looking forward to more great Manytone products.

Zedd
Somewhere in the background zedd

^4bit getting any closer?

would love to see manyguitar and manybass in 64 bit, after i switched to 64bit both have remaind on my drive waiting for a 64bit update. hoping and waiting :) :D :D :hihi:

Is ManyBass 64bit just something we will never see?
It would be nice to see Paul answer this.
If it is dead we might as well delete it from our harddrives.

I use 32 lives wrapper with MB succesfuly

I wish for this as well but I don't think he cares.
MacBook Pro OSX El Capitan Ver 10.11.6
Logic Pro,Roland A-30 controller,Lots of Music apps DAW's and plug-ins.

Return to “Manytone Music”