No Manystation Presets showing up

Official support for: manytone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I had to reinstall the Manystation sounds on my PC after wiping it out.

I know I am doing something wrong, I read the instructions and it said to install the MStation data to the Wusik Data folder for ManyStation sounds to work from inside Wusikstation.

I looked in the Wusik Data folder and I can see the soundsets, but the presets are no where to be found, I looked in the Wusik preset folder, nothing there. It has been a while since I installed this so can't remember how I got it to work before. :cry:

The presets get installed with the ManyStation VSTi installer.

Did you run the ManyStation VST installer? It should put it all in the right place on its own. They should then be in your presets folder in that Wusik Data folder. (The installers detects it and puts them there). Sounds like you just ran the Soundset installer and not the separate VST installer that contains the presets. The Data installer only installs the Large Soundset files.

The reason for this ..... well then, when we update the presets or the VSTi, then it is all contained in a Small downloadable file and users would not have to download all those large data files again.
Paul

manytone wrote:The presets get installed with the ManyStation VSTi installer.

Did you run the ManyStation VST installer? It should put it all in the right place on its own. They should then be in your presets folder in that Wusik Data folder. (The installers detects it and puts them there). Sounds like you just ran the Soundset installer and not the separate VST installer that contains the presets.
Paul
I thought I could just install the sounds, and then use them inside Wusikstation. I guess not (?) I thought that's what I did the other time I installed it, but maybe not.

I will just install the Manystation VST and see how it goes.

Thanks for the quick response! :)

Examigan wrote:
manytone wrote:The presets get installed with the ManyStation VSTi installer.

Did you run the ManyStation VST installer? It should put it all in the right place on its own. They should then be in your presets folder in that Wusik Data folder. (The installers detects it and puts them there). Sounds like you just ran the Soundset installer and not the separate VST installer that contains the presets.
Paul
I thought I could just install the sounds, and then use them inside Wusikstation. I guess not (?) I thought that's what I did the other time I installed it, but maybe not.

I will just install the Manystation VST and see how it goes.

Thanks for the quick response! :)
You can do that. The soundsets will load and play in Wusik, but if you want the presets too then you need to install the VSTi part. You can then just delete the VSTi dlls themselves if you do not want the VSTi part. Then the presets will remain in your Wusik folder and you can use them in WusikStation without having the ManyStation dlls installed. That may be how you did it before? ;-)

Regardless you should run that VST installer part as it fixes all issues not contained in the Data (Soundset) files.
Then delete the dlls if you want.
Paul

I don't know if this is the same issue, but in ManyBass I only see the sound files...no presets from Manystation. In the Manystation browser you can choose between the sound files vs presets. I don't see a way to do that in ManyBass. Are there presets for ManyBass?

Hi Pete
ManyBass has Presets that will show up in ManyBass using your hosts preset system. This is usually in the top of the ManyBass window once opened in your host. (The window that wraps ManyBass). All hosts have an fxb sytem and ManyBass loads with this default Bank loaded and ready to go.

However, Presets are specific to the instrument. For this reason the ManyBass Presets can not be used in ManyStation or WusikStation. Likewise the presets from ManyStation would not be loadable (or show up) in ManyBass. The Soundsets can be shared though. That is why they show up in each instrument.

ManyStation presets will load into WusikStation as they are the same engine and preset system.
ManyBass is a different product with a different engine and thus like most VST, you cannot load its presets into other instruments. You can however load all the soundsets into any other Wusik Engine product and create your own presets.

Make sense?
Paul

manytone wrote:Hi Pete
ManyBass has Presets that will show up in ManyBass using your hosts preset system. This is usually in the top of the ManyBass window once opened in your host. (The window that wraps ManyBass). All hosts have an fxb sytem and ManyBass loads with this default Bank loaded and ready to go.

However, Presets are specific to the instrument. For this reason the ManyBass Presets can not be used in ManyStation or WusikStation. Likewise the presets from ManyStation would not be loadable (or show up) in ManyBass. The Soundsets can be shared though. That is why they show up in each instrument.

ManyStation presets will load into WusikStation as they are the same engine and preset system.
ManyBass is a different product with a different engine and thus like most VST, you cannot load its presets into other instruments. You can however load all the soundsets into any other Wusik Engine product and create your own presets.

Make sense?
Paul
Ah, that makes sense...thanks!!

I have a similar issue now ...

I've installed ManyGuitar two days ago and everything was running fine so far. But today I open MG and no Guitar presets showing up. Only Waveforms and None. But the files are all still on the disk where they should be.
Whats going on there??
“No matter how paranoid or conspiracy-minded you are, what the government is actually doing is worse than you imagine.” ~ William Blum

Did you install any other wusik engine synth?

It sounds like your files are not in the proper place.
The five ManyGuitar folders of sounds should be directly in your "Soundset" folder. If you have other Wusik or ManyTone engine products they should share the soundset folder.

You'll know it is correct once the presets load from the fxb.
Providing you installed from our installer it should have set all this up for you. It has been a proven installer for 100's of users, so I would think it is just a simple path error on your system perhaps due to soundsets not in the correct place.

Paul

Ok thnx! I also got Wusikstation installed. Didn't knew that they must share the same path (After all the installer allows to choose a different one ;) ).
“No matter how paranoid or conspiracy-minded you are, what the government is actually doing is worse than you imagine.” ~ William Blum

The reason for sharing the directory is that now you can use the ManyGuitar soundsrts in WusikStation, or your WusikStation soundsets in ManyGuitar.

Opens up some new sound options ;-)
Enjoy
Paul

Return to “Manytone Music”