Manystation crashes in FLStudio!

Official support for: manytone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I purchased Manystation yesterday. So I installed all the SND and PRS-Files as the manual says into my Wusikstation Data Folder (as I believed). Until this morning manystation ran quite fine and I checked the data structure. But I weren't able to access the soundsets by Wusikstation as well. After uninstalling and reinstalling the Manystation files, the VST-host FLStudio crashed with an access violation x0000 blabla.
So I uninstalled everything that has something to do with the Wusikengine (Wusikstation and all it's presets). I also did a tedious registry cleaning job the whole afternoon. After some hours of reinstalling everything from scratch, Manystation still crashes. I now have access to the Manystation Presets through Wusikstation but I really want to use Manystation as the VST...

If somebody can provide me with some hints he would really cure my headaches.

Greetings

Gogor

Hi Gogor
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I know it did all work in the last version of FL Studio.

I just installed the FLStudio 8 latest version yesterday so as soon as I can I'll try ManyStation and WusikStation in it and report back here once I do.

Until then... What does your registry path say for ManyStation? Is it the same as WusikStation? It should be.

Paul

manytone wrote:
Until then... What does your registry path say for ManyStation? Is it the same as WusikStation? It should be.

Paul
Hi Paul,

first: thanks for the welcome.

Looking up the registry was a good idea, because it
looks like this:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wusik.com\Manystation and (!)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WusikEngine\Manystation

It's the same with the Manystation Multi-Out.

So I guess you only have to tell me which one I have to delete...
(I think its the first one... but I'm no registry hacker).

Maybe this might be of help as well: Funny thing is that I can use the Manystation Skins on the Wusikstation.

Greetings

Gogor

I'm not sure it's as much of an issue which one to delete but rather changing the contents of one of those registry keys...

Hi Gogor

Okay I just fully tested in FL Studio 8 and all works 100% as it should.

So that leads me to believe your install is messed up.

Did you follow the directions in the email that describe how to install properly?

Perhaps just reread it over and be sure the soundsets got put in the right place.
The various folders of ManyStation sounds should be in your soundset folder directly. Not in any subfolder inside your soundset folder.

You could try removing just the VST from your VST folder and then doing a rescan in FL of Plugs.

Then reinstall the VST part of ManyStation and rescan again...Not sure but something to try.

EDIT:
Also in your registry, what is the path listed to the ManyStation data?
(In that wusikengine listing?) Is that the same path where your Wusik data is?)

The installer should have set this all up proper for you.

Paul

manytone wrote:Hi Gogor

Okay I just fully tested in FL Studio 8 and all works 100% as it should.

So that leads me to believe your install is messed up.

Did you follow the directions in the email that describe how to install properly?

Perhaps just reread it over and be sure the soundsets got put in the right place.
The various folders of ManyStation sounds should be in your soundset folder directly. Not in any subfolder inside your soundset folder.

You could try removing just the VST from your VST folder and then doing a rescan in FL of Plugs.

Then reinstall the VST part of ManyStation and rescan again...Not sure but something to try.

EDIT:
Also in your registry, what is the path listed to the ManyStation data?
(In that wusikengine listing?) Is that the same path where your Wusik data is?)

The installer should have set this all up proper for you.

Paul
Hi Paul,

thanks for trying this in FLStudio 8.

I didn't try anything yet, because it runs fine so far. Except the fact that I can not open Manystation in FLstudio without a crash.
But I have access to all soundsets and all presets through Wusikstation. The Soundsets are in the right place.

The only chance I have is to reinstall Manystation, but I don't dare at the moment, because the last time I reinstalled over and over again.

AFAIK I did a proper install like the manual says, but we are only humans, I could messed something up as you said.

So, I understand your post like that: I just delete the Manystation-DLL by hand without any uninstall routine? Then I will rescan the VST-Folder and installing the Manystation DLL again? I just want to make it clear before I try, because fixing this error gave me one long day the last time (almost).

It would be nice if you could confirm this.

BTW The sounds are great, one of the best for Wusikstation!

Regards

Gogor

Hi Gogor

You said:
But I have access to all soundsets and all presets through Wusikstation. The Soundsets are in the right place.
Can you give me the path on your system to one of the ManyStation sound folders.
Wusik4 can search sounds so even if the path is slightly wrong it will find them.

ManyStation 2 is the older engine and it did not search soundsets if the preset referred to them and they were not in the expected location.

So... lets look into that... Give me the full path to one of the soundsets on your system.

Also, Give me the path to the ManyStation skins folder on your system....and,
open the ini file (it sits beside the dll) in a text editor and copy paste the contents for me.

Edit: one more thing... In the registry under the wusikengine listing ... give me the path it says to your data folder.

This has to be something simple as you are the only user we know of that has any issues at all with ManyStation. Lets solve it!

Perhaps best you email all this to me.

Paul

manytone wrote:
Perhaps best you email all this to me.

Paul
Hi Paul,

I sent an email via the KVR email form. Hope you can get an idea with the supplied information. :shrug:

Regards

Gogor

Gogor, I'm WilliamK, support for the WusikEngine Manystation uses.

Are you running Manystation VST or Wusikstation VST? Which version of Wusikstation you have?

Wk

WilliamK wrote:Gogor, I'm WilliamK, support for the WusikEngine Manystation uses.

Are you running Manystation VST or Wusikstation VST? Which version of Wusikstation you have?

Wk
Hi William,

I'm running Wusikstation V4.6.2 and the latest Manystation VST (it's Version 2).
I tried to load Manystation at this very moment and FLstudio crashed with this "Access Violation at adress 00000000. Read of adress 00000000" again.

It would be great if you can come up with a suggestion.

Gogor

Question, since you can access all your Manystation sounds+presets within Wusikstation, why you want to load Manystation? As Wusikstation V4.6.2 has many extra features that Manystation doesn't.

Otherwise, if you still need to load Manystation. It looks like something went wrong with your installation. Have you tried re-installing the latest Manystation files?

Also, do a search for Manystation*.dll to check if maybe you don't have any older versions around.

Wk

WilliamK wrote:Question, since you can access all your Manystation sounds+presets within Wusikstation, why you want to load Manystation? As Wusikstation V4.6.2 has many extra features that Manystation doesn't.
You are right: I'm using the Manystation Soundsets a lot through Wusikstation, I just don't like that my system doesn't run perfect. :hihi:

(And I really like the Manystation skin btw)
WilliamK wrote:Otherwise, if you still need to load Manystation. It looks like something went wrong with your installation. Have you tried re-installing the latest Manystation files?
I did several times. Somehow I destroyed something during the installation, but I really don't know what. I discussed this with Paul quite deeply. Also uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't help. I don't dare to try out other things (like registry hacking etc.), because I'm really afraid of making it worse. :-o
WilliamK wrote:Also, do a search for Manystation*.dll to check if maybe you don't have any older versions around.

Wk
I did this, but there seem to be only the two DLLs, which are needed for Manystation (Manystation.dll and Manystation Multi-Out.dll).

As I told Paul, I will try to install all Wusikstuff on another computer to check what is going on, so I can compare some things.

I am quite sure what will fix this: a complete reinstall of my workstation.
But maybe I will come up with something different.

Thanks for the support: this is great, even if it didn't solve this prob.

Gogor

Try this before anything else:

http://www.wusik.com/download/WusikEngi ... leaner.exe

Also, one thing that comes to mind is that maybe the skin files were messed up, so Manystation may be trying to load a V4 skin which would crash it.

Wk

WilliamK wrote:Try this before anything else:

http://www.wusik.com/download/WusikEngi ... leaner.exe

Also, one thing that comes to mind is that maybe the skin files were messed up, so Manystation may be trying to load a V4 skin which would crash it.

Wk
Hi,

it is me again. I did the above as you told, but it had no effect.
Everything works like before (Manystation crashes, but I have access to all Manytation presets and sounds through Wusikstation).

Besides: I installed a test version of Ableton Live 7 this weekend.
Manystation doesn't show up at all in the VST Browser. EnergyXT and FLStudio do show Manystation, but as I said before, when I load it, FLStudio and EnergyXT crash. Maybe this is a clue (might be not :P )

Maybe I should live with this and wait for the next complete setup of my computer (regularly every second year ;-) ).

Gogor

This may or may not help but I also had a problem with Manystation not opening up after installing the latest 4ver. of Wusikstation.
I attempted to reinstall Manystation (whatever I had as the most current version)but this did not help. I went back one version of Manystation and this ver.1.1062 seems to work with the latest ver of Wusikstation with no problems.
Reason I have both installed is I have a lot of unfinished projects in XT 1.4 that were created with Manystation.
HTH:)

Return to “Manytone Music”