ManyBass - What kind of Bass?

Official support for: manytone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

It looks like on the website it states that the sounds of the ManyBass are from one electric bass. What kind of bass is it? What kind of strings? etc.

btw, The demo sounds great. Thanks Rick :)
Last edited by cooljazz58 on Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greg can answer this better than I, as it was his Bass. But he is away this week.
Bear with me and I'll find what he posted before. (I know what bass but I am not sure the model and strings off hand)

Paul
Last edited by manytone on Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hi Paul,

No problem and no rush. Just curious. The demos sound great and thats what got me to wondering which kind of bass and strings.

Next week is cool. Thanks again. Rick :)

Okay, I had a moment to find the full info that Greg posted before.

Quote Gregjazz:
The bass guitar used for the ManyBass samples is a Schecter Stiletto Elite. Neck-through-body, active EMG-HZ pickups, S Tek bridge, and quilted maple top with mahogany wings. I've played on other Schecter basses and guitars before, too. After playing a lot of competing basses around a similar price range, I'm convinced in the quality of Schecters. You pick one up, and you can really feel the quality of the craftsmanship.

What I like most about the Stiletto from the perspective of a performing bassist, is that its tones (from different pickup blends, etc.) are very versatile. Using the bridge pickup, you can get growly Jaco-like tones. With a 50/50 blend of the neck and bridge pickup you get a very modern sound, great for a smooth slap tone. Using the neck pickup only, it really sounds like a bass of the 70's. A bit of the P-bass tone, and a heavy slap sound. When I first played the bass, what I noticed was it really gives me a lot of clarity and definition of every note I play, unlike other basses I have tested. It has smooth action, too, and makes everything I play sound good, as well as being very inspiring to play.

Other bassists who have played my bass have always been very complimentary of its tone. What can I say, I feel very lucky to be playing it, and glad I chose the bass.

End Quote

I believe Greg said that the strings used were Elixirs.

There ya have it ;-)
Paul

Thanks v.much for the info :)
Ashley Smith
CEO - MIX IT IN THE BOX
www.mixititb.com | www.seattleunderground.co.uk
Sound Engineer/Producer/Musician/Audio and Media Content Creator

Paul - Thank you for the info! :tu:

Yup, the strings are those expensive $50 Elixir strings.

Return to “Manytone Music”