Crash in Kontakt 4 when hitting C0 with ManyTone Fretless Bass loaded (Solved)

Official support for: manytone.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kontakt 4 crashes everytime I hit C0, whenever I have one of the Manytone Fretless bass presets loaded, regardless of whether its a keyswitched preset. Anyone else seen this?
Alistair

I'll send a mail to Greg who did the Kontakt programming on the Fretless, and point him to this thread.
First I have heard, but Greg will know better.
Paul

Not sure if it's relevant, but there are a number of samples that are very small i.e. 1kb. These happen to include the all samples that are assigned to C0...
I've deleted the folder and recreated it from the zip file, but I'm still getting the same issue.
I wonder if my FretlessBassKontakt zip file is corrupt. It doesn't give any warning when I unzip it.
Alistair

I unzipped the sfz version, and the same wav files are 1kb in that file too, so I guess it's not that...
Alistair

What extraction utility are you using? It could be a problem with that. In some instances using an alternative extraction utility will work.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Gregjazz wrote:What extraction utility are you using? It could be a problem with that. In some instances using an alternative extraction utility will work.
Hmmm. Tried with 7zip, XP's built in extraction utility, and Winzip14. Getting the same result with all of them...

FYI, the samples that are very small (actually 120 bytes) are

Fretless 1 043
Fretless 1 067
Fretless 1 075
Fretless 2 052
Fretless 2 061
Fretless 2 069
Fretless 3 066
Fretless 3 067
Fretless 4 066
Fretless 4 067
Alistair

Ah, now I remember (it's been a long time). These "blank" samples in the KONTAKT version are remnants from the conversion of the ManyStation/ManyBass format. In that format, we had to map blank samples to all the empty keys to complete the mapping.

As for the crashing, it does relate to the blank samples. Apparently it wasn't a problem in KONTAKT 2, but in KONTAKT 3 and 4 it now causes a crash.

All you need to do is delete all the 1 KB WAV files in the "samples" folder. When loading a soundset, it will say that samples are missing, but just click the "Skip missing" button. Resave the patch, so that when you load it again, it won't ask for missing samples.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Thanks Greg!
A bit strange though how K3 and K4 are suppose to be backwards compatible with Kontakt 2, but yet this bug shows up now.

We'll get our Kontakt version download fixed here too for future purchasers.
If they want, current users can use Greg's fix above without having to download the whole package again.

Let us know if this fixed it for you alogie.
Paul

Yep, that fixed it. Thanks guys!
Alistair

Very cool! I was having the same issue w/ my recent purchase! I will use the fix as well.

RickyB

Forgot, but if I hold down a key (note) the volume jumps up at a certain point, as if it's ramped. Using K4. Anyone had this problem?

RickyB

Ricky B wrote:Forgot, but if I hold down a key (note) the volume jumps up at a certain point, as if it's ramped. Using K4. Anyone had this problem?
So essentially, there's a volume burst after holding down a note for a while?
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Well, I deleted those files & now the volume burst is gone, so all is well. Thanks for responding!

manytone wrote:We'll get our Kontakt version download fixed here too for future purchasers.
If they want, current users can use Greg's fix above without having to download the whole package again.
I purchased the product this week and encountered this C0 issue. Does this mean that you haven't fixed your Kontakt version download yet?

Hi TOK
We did have the fixed version on our server. I am just looking into what has happened as it appears to be the old file it is linking to at the moment.
I'll fix this asap.
Thanks and sorry for the trouble.
Paul

Return to “Manytone Music”