accSone released crusherX-Mac! 5 - 64bit

Official support for: accsone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
crusherX-Mac!

accSone released crusherX-Mac! 5 - 64bit

Download free DEMO: http://mac.crusher-x.com/

crusherX-Mac! 5 clearly focused on the needs of professionals: Native 64bit support is provided and this enables the enhancement of grain lengths and modulation depths up to 60sec. It open the door towards huge, massive and long lasting evolving sound clouds. The UI was reworked to integrate better into professional DAWs and gives a better feedback on special settings. There is more space reserved for the Physical-Modeling and Cloud-Visualization controls, the mixer controls and level meters are better accessible. Several background assistances ensures quicker workflows (there is e.g. an automatic setting of the filter mode if certain modulation modification are done by the user). This saves your time and creates more joy on your sound investigation. The new morphing of presets / programs feature enables to morph between pre-stored plug-in programs without adding additional load to the CPU.

crusherX-Mac! 5 is available at the accSone shop: http://shop.accsone.com

accSone

It would have been better if you had done a reasonably priced (at most) update to 64 bit for customers that needed it and then made a completely new version with the other changes and let people decide if they are worth it. I'm not prepared to pay 69 Euros just to get 64 bit functionality.

The final Apple 64bit decision forces us to spend a huge effort in developing and testing the 64bit version. As you might understand we have to sell that investment now to secure our future work on crusher-X. The software instrument business is transforming very fast and we are under the impression that developing highly sophisticated and specialized music software will be more and more risky for independent developers. But my buddies and me are still believing in the crushers idea and musical potential and we doing everything to secure a future save product lifecycle as we did in the past 15 years (first crusher-X version was released 1999, right?) . But anyway: To ensure customer satisfaction we also included some nice features and tweaks in the current release that might be worth for investigation.

Best
accSone

This update makes my year!

Since saving is disabled on the demo I cannot test if the keyboard note saving bug is finally fixed with the new version. I need this function all the time. I cannot spend 69€ just for 64bit support and be stuck with the very same bugs as before so I have to wait until it is definitely confirmed that these bugs are ironed out.

Pressed keyboard notes are stored within the preset. On loading the preset back the keyboard notes will be shown as pressed and the grain streams are set according to the stored pitch. Careful: The pitch modulation will be added on top of the note pitch setting. That means if there is a modulation on pitch or sweep the tune will not be clean after loading.

I suggest that you will get a time limited license of the full version 5 to test it against your needs before you purchase, ok?

Best
accSone

Thanks for explaining but that's only the theory. In practise every time I save notes on the keyboard a bunch of different ones keep popping back up when I recall the preset. I had to find weird and frustrating workarounds like clicking and saving the notes I wanted like five or six times in a row to make crusher "understand" the right ones and click the wrong ones that came up four times and so on. There's definitely some bizarre and buggy behaviour when it comes to note saving. You will see your self when you try to save two or three different keyboard transpositions in succession. Somehow stuff gets stuck in the keyboard memory that shouldn't and that's a serious problem for me because I use this function all the time.

Maybe a time limited version would help to see if I have more luck with the new version.

We just gave it a test again, works in version 5 like expected. There might be an additional confusion point: If there are more keyboard notes pressed than generators available, only the notes that are assigned to the generators are stored (e.g. pressing 8 notes while 4 generators are available, only 4 notes are stored and restored). That is intended. Please take the discussion offline to the support portal if you like it to be continued, so that we make sure that your issues is nailed down: email at accsone.com

Thanks
accSone

Sorry but it totally don't work in 4.24. No matter how many generators the behaviour is still as I described and the keyboard saving is unusable. I'll email.

good news: I got to test it and the problem got resolved with 5.1

Return to “accSone”