accSone releases crusherX-Mac! 5.5 and crusherX-Studio! 5.5

Official support for: accsone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

accSone releases crusherX-Mac! 5.5 (MacOS 64bit) and crusherX-Studio! 5.5 (Windows 32/64bit)

New surround modes (like 5.1, 6.1, 7.1, 8.2, 9.1) enabling surround sound effect productions without additional post effect wiring and LFE generation. A sync to host feature links the granular parameter flow to the host timeline. The filter type change is included into the morphing system and a Link Length to Birth manual editing mode ensures easier manual editing of the grain density. A new license model allows to install the crusher on more than one device.

What is new in crusherX-Mac! 5.5 and crusherX-Studio! 5.5 ?
  • Adds several new Surround Modes: 5.1 (ITU 775), 6.1 (ES/EX), 7.1 (3/4.1), 7.1 (SDDS), 8.1, 8.2, 9.1.
  • Adds true LFE sum-up for all generators in Surround Modes. No additional external mixing needed for LFE generation
  • Adds Output routing visualization for generators in the Cloud 3D window
  • Adds consistent stereo handling in different Stereo and Surround Modes
  • Enhances the morph engine to cover filter type changes. This enables smoother morphing effects on preset changes if filter type changes are involved
  • Adds Sync-To-Host feature. This enables parameter modulation synchronization to the hosts play-head position
  • Adds Length to Birth link feature that allows better manual control of the grain density
  • Adds more Feedback headroom
  • Optimizes the Feedback routing that allows feedback loops independent from the vaporizer input level
  • Fixes a bug that prevented on some hosts the storing of the UI layout if editor was not closed before the save
  • Minor UI layout tweaks
  • Adds Yosemite compatibility
  • Changes license agreement to allow copies of the full version on more than one computer

The update is free for all registered crusherX-Mac! 5 and crusherX-Studio! 5 users. Just download the installer again like it is described in your delivery mail.

For upgrades and crossgrades from versions 1.x-4.x please visit: http://upgrade.accsone.com

crusherX-Mac! 5.5 and crusherX-Studio! 5.5 are available at the accSone shop. You might want to benefit from the 2014 year end discount - take a look at: http://shop.accsone.com

Best
accSone

Awesome! Now i need to save up for an upgrade to CrusherX-mac 5.5
:borg:

Great update, thank's Jörg - the modulation synced to host is a priceless new feature plus all the surround mayhem. Also linking grain birth to grain length can be very useful under certain circumstances.

I'll be looking into crusherX.Studio, important selling point is that it's being actively developed for the mac os X

Nice work
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

Confused: I have crusher-X Studio 5.2 on my PC. I used the original instructions to download what I though was a new installer, but the installer notes say this version is 5.2.0.31. How do I get version 5.5?

Actually I wish your Mac and PC releases were synchronized in versions and capabilities. It makes for a somewhat confusing product landscape!
Last edited by Breeze on Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I just spend the better part of an hour figuring out accXone's product range and prices and here's what conclusions I've come to. My intention here is only to provide some clarity to what I consider to be a somewhat confusing array of descriptions and options. IMO for such a small product line, these things could be stated more clearly.

- There are 3 active crusher-X products:

crusherX-Mac 5.5, the MAC AU/VST Plugin version, which seems to be replacing "crusherX-Studio Mac" plugin version, still supported up to version 5 with an upgrade offer for previous versions but no longer offered as a new product, and "crusherX-Live Mac" standalone version which seems to be EOL; both have an upgrade offer to crusherX-Mac 5.5. Standalone operation on the Mac seems to be in the process of being deprecated.

crusherX-Live 7, the PC Standalone, still supported with an upgrade path from all previous versions of same to this most recent version. So standalone operation on the PC is still actively supported.

crusherX-Studio 5.5, the PC VST Plugin version which seems to be the PC equivalent to the latest"crusherX-Mac 5.5" has an upgrade offer for previous versions of Studio, along with a crossgrade offer from the "crusherX-Live PC" versions.

Practically it would seem that crusherX-Mac 5.5 is the flagship product and except for the name, crusherX-Studio 5.5 PC seems to have all of its features. BTW the morphing feature is currently common to both versions but its description is missing in the Studio PC version's copy, which is misleading.

Upgrade pricing does make sense once you understand all the versions, except for "crusherX-Live PC" which seems a tad excessive at > 60% of the new license price.

Question for accSone: will "crusherX-Studio 5.5 PC" eventually be renamed "crusherX-PC" That would certainly streamline the product line. ;)

Hi Breeze,

Thanks for your postings. We took a look at the records and they stating that you had downloaded the current crusherX-Studio! version 5.5. We also checked a download with your credentials and we received the current version 5.5. Can you please double-check that you don't looked into an previous downloaded package that might had the same name but was downloaded earlier? You may give another download a chance.

Regarding product clarification: Indeed your post shows the need of clarification which we will consider for later product definition. Let's try an instant clarification:
If crusherX-Studio! and crusherX-Mac! sharing the same version number the feature set is the same. There is no guarantee that we releasing both versions synchronous in the future. This product separation enables us to support Mac and PC versions much faster and individual with important updates. The confusing naming has historical reasons and we agree that your idea to rename crusherX-Studio! to crusherX-PC! is very reasonable.

Best
accSone

The support issue has been resolved thanks. And thanks for the clarifications on the product lines. The fact that there's any misunderstanding at all though, does point to some deficiency in how the information is presented.

Now back to some crusherX fun... ;)

Processing a singing bowl impro with crusherX 5.5 and some other things.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/s ... ular-abyss

Granular improvisation with crusherX 5.5 using an e-bowed electric guitar phrase as the audio source - the video is rather long and gets more interesting from 3+ minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upWnWnK5kCQ

Playing a music box on a crash cymbal, granulating the result with 2 instances of crusherX and various other things.

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/g ... -christmas

Return to “accSone”