Chromatic Hits sample set (Multi-formats)

Official support for: lesproductionszvon.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

[edited Jan. 11, 2010]
Price reduced, there are now 2 packages available:
1- Soundfont, sfz, wav formats: $18.99 US (was $24.99)
2- All formats (wav, sf2, sfz, Cakewalk Rapture, Emulator X2/ Proteus VX, Native Instruments K3): $25.99 US (was more than $29.99)

[edited for the release of the set]

I am pleased to announce the release of a new sample set, the Chromatic Hits. It's a set of resynthesized chromatic percussions with 101 programs (205 MB). Available in soundfont and sfz formats.

For more info, MP3s and orders:
http://www.lesproductionszvon.com/Chromatic_hits.htm

Downloadable free demo for soundfont, sfz and Emulator X2 formats:
http://www.lesproductionszvon.com/freesounds.htm
The demos also includes text files with more details and the full list of the programs or presets.

January 10, 2008
Emulator X2 version released with 205 presets. The first 101 presets correspond to the programs of the original version. The other 104 presets make use of the Emulator X2 features. I mainly combined the samples in various creative ways: layers, velocity layers, cycle groups and random groups. I did not use much the filters or the FXs as I preferred to design dry presets and let you apply processing and/or filters as you like. But still there a few presets with filters and/or FXs.

Update April 2008
Cakewalk Rapture and Kontakt 3 were added recently.
And the set is featured in the What's New section of the March 17, 2008 EM Cast (Electronic Musician magazine's podcast). You can listen or download the podcast from here:
http://emusician.com/podcasts/

The part about the Chromatic Hits starts about 26 minutes into the podcast with a musical example also featuring our Julie Scats collection at 27 minutes.

It's also reviewed with the Sidekick sample set on rekkerd.org. Here's an excerpt from it: "Browsing the instruments is quite an adventure, unique & unusual indeed." Read the full review here:
http://rekkerd.org/review-les-productio ... ercussion/

Comments and questions are welcome!
Last edited by zvon on Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:54 am, edited 12 times in total.

- The concept: often when I use one-shot samples, I would like to have them higher or lower without changing their duration and/or having them slow down or speed up. That gave me the idea for this set. I resynthesized a few hundreds one-shot samples and kept the ones that are in the set.

- Most of the original samples used for resynthesis come from the Electronic drums/percussions kits and the Sidekick sets. I also created 25 new original samples. All the above were made with various drum softsynths. On the acoustic side, there are 7 cymbals, 2 hi-hats and 1 cowbell (all from Manytone).

- The result: many sounds that can be used as tuned or semi-tuned percussions and others (like the cymbals) where you have low and high pitched sounds of the same speed and lenght. All programs have 4 samples per octave and most cover at least 6 octaves.

Well, judging by the MP3s, this falls into the category of:

:love: :ud: :tu: :hail: :hug: :hyper:

Edit: and a run with it in DirectWave shows that I was on the right track here. Some excellent chromatic percussion, some of it quite suitable for pseudo-keyboard instruments, some with imitation gamelan potential, others capable of doing very odd and pleasing things (like, in dance music, why should a cymbal always be on the same pitch?)

Being Zvon, there are all sorts of mysterious clonks and bonks and strange sounds. But the guy who brought you the Marching Horn and the Prepared Rhodes could not be expected to be boring...

/fnx
major fan of Zvon's unique, minimalistic and fresh sound concepts
Last edited by funkychickendance on Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Every Potemkin village needs its idiot savant

Hi funkychickendance,

Glad that you like it!
And thanks for the nice words about my sounds.

Set is now released and I have edited the title of the thread and the first post.

I have added 3 more MP3 demos to the page.

New and more elaborate mp3 demo added:
Chromatic Fantasia

Seven instances of Chromatic Hits in sfz, the sequence features the 7 following programs: Heavy Machine, Small Bell, Human Mech, Buzz 03, Sweep Lo, Bowed Bell, Metal Brush 03.

P.S.: Hi funkychickendance, I noticed that you have edited your post, it's even better now :hihi:

I am taking the liberty to paste here a comment that was made in the Sample Forum about the Chromatic Hits.
mikebeck wrote:I just bought it. I think you're slightly crazy, which is why I like your work so much.

I am mikebeck and I approve this message.

Four new MP3 demos added to the page:
- Dub Noisy Hit 1
- Metal Brush 03
- Low End (second demo)
- Chime 2b (made using the Jazz Piano style from Orion Platinum)

The Chromatic Hits soundfont has been updated. Some programs were not loading correctly in the Ableton Sampler and Logic EXS-24. This is now fixed and the download is now in 4 parts instead of 3.

Also note that there's a Summer special on the Chromatic Hits, details here:
http://www.lesproductionszvon.com/products.htm

Thank you

The Chromatic Hits programs can also sound richer and fuller when layered. I have added MP3s demomstrating this. They can be downloaded on the page or with the links below:
3 Layers 1
3 Layers 2
2 Layers

Also those buying the Chromatic Hits during August can get either a free set (IYTTIW set or Julie Vocal FX vol. 1) or a second set at half-price with their purchase. Details HERE

Feedback about the demos is welcome!
Thank you

sfz version will be available this week.

The sfz version will be free for everyone who already bought, or will buy, the soundfont version. Also note that the Chromatic Hits soundfont is currently on sale until September 30th for $14.99 US (reg. $24.99).

Thanks!

ZombyWoof wrote:Thanks!
You're welcome!

Return to “Les Productions Zvon”