MC3A electronic keyboard sample set

Official support for: lesproductionszvon.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EDITED on nov. 26th

Set has been released today, it costs only $5.55 US.

Here's a photo of the beast:

The MC-3A electronic keyboard is a digital square wave instrument. I don't know exactly how
old it is but my guess is that it's roughly 20 years old. It has 12 chromatic sounds:
01- Piano
02- Saxophone
03- Pipe Organ
04- Guitar
05- Trumpet
06- Violin
07- Harpsichord
08- Jazz Organ
09- Synth
10- Cowbell
11- Oboe
12- Clarinet

There's a vibrato button that has no settings, it's either on or off. I've sampled the sounds with and without vibrato. Additionally, it has rhythm styles, a bass and 5 percussion sounds: kick, conga, snare, cymbal and hi-hat. The bass and percussions are included in the set but not the rhythm styles (at least for now). All these do not sound like the acoustic instruments they're named after but more like the Sid chip, 80's and early 90's video games. Very good retro sounds for chip music (or chiptune).

Visit this page to get the downloadable demo and more MP3s:
http://lesproductionszvon.com/MC3A.html

The demo has 3 programs of the 26 programs: cowbell vibrato, oboe natural and vibrato.
Last edited by zvon on Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Some technical details:
- samples were recorded through the keyboard's line out at 24 bits / 44.1 khz and then converted to 16 bits.

- all the notes are sampled for the sounds without sustain (piano, guitar, harpsichord, cowbell, bass), the others have 4 notes per octave.

Those who want info about the original hardware unit can visit this page:
http://weltenschule.de/TableHooters/Letron.html
Last edited by zvon on Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I created two "chipkits" from the percussion samples, one for Native Instruments Battery 3 and one for FXpansion Geist.

You can download them with the links below:
Battery 3

Geist

The wav files are included in both, so if you don't own either of these applications just download 1 of the files and load the samples in any sampler.
Last edited by zvon on Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

With the current Holidays sale, buying this set gives a $5.55 credit which, for instance, can be used to get for free the Out There set, or the Memory Collection + the Baby Piano (without the Baby Bells).

During the day, I will give 5 free licenses of the set. I'll randomly draw names from people who will email me at info[at]lesproductionszvon.com.

Please specify in your email and/or the subject that you want to be enterd in the draw.

We have a first winner! 4 licenses left.

2nd license has been won, next draw will be in roughly 1 hour.

[Edit] Draws are over. Thanks to those who entered and Happy New Year to all!

There are now 8 mp3 demos, here's the latest one. I used an old MIDI file of a Bach piece and orchestrated it using the Cowbell (vib) and Harpsichord (vib) from the MC3A with the addition of the Melodic Honk 01 from the Bonus Pack 01. I then added a bit of convolution reverb.

Bach trio

Note that the part played by the Melodic Honk has some sustained notes that are too long for the Melodic Honk but the result is still fun even if a bit awkward at times.

Return to “Les Productions Zvon”