Latest Synthedit 2010?

Official support for: acousmodules.free.fr
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think I've figured out why some of the AcousModules plugins are causing crashes in the Nuendo 4.3 32-bit host under Windows 7 64-bit: it seems that the latest updates to Synthedit have solved these issues.

Is it possible to have the AcousModules recompiled under the new Synthedit version? I simply can't use them in their current state. I understand that this may not be the author's priority, but I suspect it may solve some other issues as well. Thanks!

Hi,

Yes, the too well known multicore bug in Synthedit can be a problem...
Alas, there is some compatibility issues with a few third party modules that I use that would make it difficult and too time consuming for me to update for a compilation in Synthedit 1.1.

I know that the workaround that consists on renaming the dll files according to the number of instances that you want to use is far from ideal, but at least it is safe and allows to use them without any problem on a multicore computer.

If the crashes are due to another reason I have no solution to propose actually.

What plugin(s) do you whish to be updated the most ?

acousmod wrote:I know that the workaround that consists on renaming the dll files according to the number of instances that you want to use is far from ideal, but at least it is safe and allows to use them without any problem on a multicore computer.
Actually, I wasn't aware of this workaround. I'll give it a go, though I have to say that the crash I experienced with it was extreme. I'll let you know.

If you do get around to rebuilding any of them, the most useful to me is Animaspat7 for 5.1 autopanning.

Thanks for the info!

Oops... it seems that while it may work at first, a reload of the project ended up causing a serious error with Nuendo 4, so the fix of renaming the dlls appears not to work. Oh well.

Just figured it out: it turns out that when you use the rename fix with SynthEdit plugins, you can't put the incremental numbers at the end of the current name, but in the middle.

Naming them this way results in only one dll appearing in the effects menu:

AnimaSpat7Demo.dll
AnimaSpat7demo2.dll
AnimaSpat7demo3.dll

Whereas if they're renamed:

AnimaSpat7demo.dll
Anima2Spat7demo.dll
Anima3Spat7demo.dll

...all the instances appear in the Nuendo effects menu, but more importantly multiple instances run stable! I suppose this allocates separate memory space for each iteration? I inferred this from a recent Crysonic Readme on using newB on dual and quad-cores which suggested renaming in this way.

Now how the hell was I supposed to know this! :shock: Acousmod: you might want to put this somewhere in a ReadMe too. Now if I can only figure out the controls...

Hi

I'm new here and I have a problem with Spatmixer126 and maybe with minispat also. I like the plugins very much because of the possibility of mixing several sources to one 5.1 destination. The problem is multiprocessor related and I heard that Synthedit hase been updated to solve multiprocessor-bugs. It would be very nice if these plugins could be recompiled. Then I could finish my 10-Years work on the multiprocessor-machine. I'm using the Spatmixer126 extensively.

Greetings from Germany

Martin Vogel

Hello,

I will give soon a list of the plugins that actually work in a multiprocessor enabled host.
Strangely, some of those that don't present the bug are very complicated, like the Spat2D3D, and some others that are much simpler like the MiniSpat will crash..

Most of the time, it is not possible to simply recompile the file with the latest Synthedit version, due to third party modules incompatibilities.

So it will need for me a huge amount of time to reprogram some of them, time that I have not actually.

Anyway, I will look to the SpatMixer 126, and make the changes if it is not too time consuming.

On the other hand, I have tested in Reaper the differences of ressources power when activating or not the multiprocessing, and the difference is not so important on a Quad core fast computer.
Martin : have you tried too ?

Regards,

Return to “AcousModules”