Ipad MultiTouch Control

Official support for: acousmodules.free.fr
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey there!

Wondering if anyone knows if its possible to use an Ipad's multitouch capability to simultaneously pan 8 inputs around a soundfield?

most vnc clients dont support multitouch yet, they simply allow touch control to move 1 mouse pointer at a time.

what bout touch osc? anyone got any ideas on how to send the midi cc data to control the different positions simultaneously? sendng x/y info is prob simple enough but im confused as to how to make it multi touch capable?

tx!!!

dreism wrote:Hey there!

Wondering if anyone knows if its possible to use an Ipad's multitouch capability to simultaneously pan 8 inputs around a soundfield?

most vnc clients dont support multitouch yet, they simply allow touch control to move 1 mouse pointer at a time.

what bout touch osc? anyone got any ideas on how to send the midi cc data to control the different positions simultaneously? sendng x/y info is prob simple enough but im confused as to how to make it multi touch capable?

tx!!!
Just an update - ive asked hexler (touchOSC) if his x/y pad can be multi point - this way one might be able to map the points on touch osc via midi cc to spat167 - thats the plan anyway

anyone got any thoughts on this?

Hey all,

A small update - Oscemote [pixelverse.org/iphone/oscemote/] has a multi point x/y controller.

Any ideas on how to patch or map those values to the points of say the SpatMix167?

Quite a few ppl are reading this thread - but not repsonding - is anyone else interested in this?

Dre[/url]

Hi,
If you can convert OSC to standard MIDI CC controller numbers, all the "spat" series of the AcousModules use the following numbers :
- Left input X axis : 11
- Left input Y axis : 12
- Right input X axis : 13
- Right input Y axis : 14
plus generally cc#07 for the Global Area value, and 15 & 16 for Left and Right height values.

For the SpatMix you will need at least six XY controllers to be converted to VST parameters values. It can be done in Bidule or in Reaper for example.

Regards,

acousmod wrote:Hi,
If you can convert OSC to standard MIDI CC controller numbers, all the "spat" series of the AcousModules use the following numbers :
- Left input X axis : 11
- Left input Y axis : 12
- Right input X axis : 13
- Right input Y axis : 14
plus generally cc#07 for the Global Area value, and 15 & 16 for Left and Right height values.

For the SpatMix you will need at least six XY controllers to be converted to VST parameters values. It can be done in Bidule or in Reaper for example.

Regards,
Thanks!

In the meantime, I've managed to have 6 x/y controllers on my ipad (touchosc) controlling 6 instances of spat on 6 channels in reaper. It's pretty damn cool!

I guess the one thing i dont understand is how to midi learn (or assign midi CC in pd) to each input in a spatmix or spatmass616. Know what i mean? Each of the 6 inputs dont seem to have seperate x/y controls for each input?

either way its working pretty well!

Cheers
dre

Return to “AcousModules”