Any VST programmers out there want to program this filter?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hmm using both of these filters at the same time. one panned to each ear on my headphones and the QR filter introduces a delay... Is that true?

QR seems to have a steeper response (cuts out more sound)
Last edited by soma on Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

I can't seem to get switchfilter to respond to parameter changes (via cc's in XT)

[edit]
CRAP! well it is actually responding but but XT isn't showing the updates at all.
I'm in the main window and using a vst called xyz control to change parameters.

And actually the QR slider for Q isn't updating on the GUI with parameter changes, while the switchfilter isn't updating on the gui or in the XT show parameters. Must be an XT bug.. :shock:

If I know Christian the way I THINK I know Christian, QR will be using a full fourier transform, which will introduce a fixed-block latency. If your host does not support plug-in delay compensation, you WILL notice a delay in the processing of your signal. This is a trade-off for the kind of LIMITLESS POWER possible by using a transform. ;)

OK, I'll stop pretending I know what I'm talking about now. <chuckle> I'm serious that it's probably FFT-based, though.

Greg

deadman wrote:Does anyone have a bug elimnator for my cubase 5.1? It would be very nice of you. Naughty programmers can't do anything right :(
Ohhhkay. This is just a wild, top-of-the-head guess, but... have you thought of trying the Steinberg forums? This thread's about a request for a very specific plug-in, and two developers have graciously granted the request of the OP. Neither of these devs wrote Cubase, so they can't fix the problem you are having.

Oh: I didn't write Cubase either.

(=9_9= Sheesh, where do they come from?)

I did write Cubase. But i'm not going to help you- Get Stuffed.

Couldn't get the first one to work with FL, second one (QR) is fookin' excellent though! :D
Any chance of widening the tolerance of the zero position though? So that during a performance a near (rather than exactly) 12 O'clock position will have a nil effect? :wink:

deadman wrote:Does anyone have a bug elimnator for my cubase 5.1? It would be very nice of you. Naughty programmers can't do anything right :(
You need it as VST or DXI?

ohhhyeaaaaaaa :hihi:
"You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live."

Just uploaded a bugfixed version of QR.zip. Get it here: http://www-users.rwth-aachen.de/Christian.Budde/QR.zip
There might be still a problem with cubase and some other steinberg stuff. Don't know why, but they have the most problems implementing their own VST interface correct. The range of numbers of programs isn't specified. So it can also be 0. That means, that no program is needed. In my case, there is no program. This works fine in nearly every host, except cubase might have some problem with that. Blame on steinberg, i would say.
Anyway, a friend of mine reported, that it DOES work fine in Cubase. I don't know and i can't do anything about it.
Anyway. Right now i'm not naughty and neither i'm naked. Just having a nice weekend ahead with my girlfriend. Until tuesday,

Christian

Well
I have been thinking about something not really incredible but that oculd be a more "creative" alternative of QR or SwitchFIlter, as i don't know yet any plugin doing this :
It would be some combination of 2 instance of the plugin, doing at the same time with only one slider Hicut and Locut from a desired specified frequency, to achieve a "double sweep effect" :
Let's say : when fully on the left : the signal has no modification, but moving the main slider to the right would lead to cutting both in the same tiume hi an low frequency. On the right right, it would sound like an "old radio" efx, or fully right-slided, no sound or a thin string of filtered sound...
I don't know if 'im rather clear, but it could be fun to try, useful to avoid using 2 filters in a chainand coud permit to make with one knob, in real-time something we could not do unitl now...
Is it stupid ort would someone like to see something like that ?
The plugin woudl only need 2 knobs (one for the Q or the resonance of the filter, the second to specify the center frequency), and a big vertical (or horizontal) slider to cut...

sinkmusic, you need BetabugsAudio's Moneo. ;)

No Q, but each side of the stereo signal can be panned independently (as if they were 2 mono files), and each has its choice of allpass (no filter), hi-, or lo-pass, with resonance and frequency control.

Automation or an 'assistant' VST to control LFO, and you're set.

Greg

Hi Lunch MOney.
you need BetabugsAudio's Moneo
we already had that talk a few weeks ago on another forum, so it's done for 10 days or so !! :wink:
I have Moneo, and it is very good ! the only plugin to do such a basic but needed thing !

But this is not really what i was thinking about...
I know that sometimes, i use 2 hardware filters in opposite directions to get unusals noises (cutting both hi & lo frequencies in the same time).
I like to do it live.
but as i have 2 arms but only one mouse, i thought that a single plugin permitting to do this live (without needing any automation) could help...

Hehehe, I don't remember the other conversation about Moneo. ;)

We have something in Beta now that maaaayyy do what you want, if you want to test it. Shoot me a PM and I'll fill you in on the details.

BugPass will also almost do what you want, but it's not a resonant filter.

Just uploaded the latest QR version: http://www-users.rwth-aachen.de/Christian.Budde/QR.zip
The process routine is now _completely_ written in assembler, which guaranties an optimal CPU performance. And the graphix has been slightly changed.

Regards,

Christian

Return to “Effects”