FreeAmp2 beta testing started

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I hate to gush like a fanboy, but this is very, very, very cool...

And that interface is a thing of beauty.

Thanks for this... really!

:love:

Amberience wrote:Sounds very good on bass as well!!
it should ;) joe is a bass player :P

Amberience wrote:Well I'm really happy with it... but I never noticed before, and maybe it WAS there... but the reverb seems to swamp many of the presets and the "size" doesn't make the sound small enough. It's difficult to get it to that point where you hardly hear the reflections.

Everything else is super though.

Fixed :)

Thanks I missed that :oops:

Fretted Synth

grymmjack wrote:found a bug. when two instances are open, compressor meters do not animate in second instance for some reason. everything else seems fine though.

2 instances in tracktion2, presets:
http://www.funklabs.org/share/meter_bug_instance1.fxp
http://www.funklabs.org/share/meter_bug_instance2.fxp

actually the meters are locked, intermittently. weird. can someone with T2 and a different host please download these presets, and record a few tracks to verify?
Will Look into that, I think I know what is happening?

:oops:

Fretted Synth

koolkeys wrote:Did I mention that the GUI is superb? It adds to the feeling of wanting to play with it. Thanks Grymm!
it's my honor to do it. joe's work is incredible. this is proof that years of R&D and perserverance (sp?) can pay off :) we love you joe!

thanks everyone for the comments. the UI is just as you guys ordered it, as it was built here by the people for the people.

how's it sound with the DC3, kk? those lipsticks have got to shine on some of these presets. also did you get your noise issue sorted?

i think it'd be hip if we all shared our little tests by submitting different short clips of audio and including presets. we're family here, no one will judge.

i spoke to joe today on the phone telling him how amped i was to get ahold of this and everyone else on kvr, and he laughed and said the best part of this was that there were 47 pages and 27,000+ views and it was all nice and friendly and civil, which is pretty rare on this forum ;) i laughed when he said it, but it's true.

this kind of stuff brings people together. united we stand, and uh well you know the rest :)

i've got to stop playing with this thing now and do chores and dinner but i want to wish everyone a great weekend and thank you, sincerely from the bottom of my heart for your kind words about the interface, it means alot coming from you all.

cheers!

I will get the DC3 back out later if possible to maybe try a recording. Nothing fancy of course, but I was already impressed with the sound.

I did get the noise issues down to a good level. I just tweaked around some things, and it seems to do the trick.

Brent
My host is better than your host

grymmjack wrote:
Amberience wrote:Sounds very good on bass as well!!
it should ;) joe is a bass player :P
:hihi: Ran out of spaces for synth presets, Was going to put a synth bass preset in there :hihi: Should work great though??

Damn I need to put down the guitar and play bass a bit more, getting lazy in my old years :hihi:

hey all you good workin men...
Thanks for this... looks great!

... but cannot hear :-(
when opening in energyXT it crashes before anything pops up it says:

Exception EExternalExceptionin Module DH_REVERB.SEM at 0000A535
External Exception C000001D.

when i click "OK" everythings just like before.. without Freeamp2

( hhhmmm could also be a fault of my Computer which is running very fine but i remember Usine behavin a very similar way )

Works perfect here with energyXT, so I suspect you might have a software-setup problem ...

Try VstHost ...

congratulations .. :shock: :hyper: :hail: :hug:

too lazy to hook up my "real guitar"
but it's an awesome playmate for dvs-guitar..

the presets are very nice, gui looks very sexy..
but the cpu-load issue,
is exactly the same like with 1.0/1.5,
depending on the preset..
i get 15-35% only by loading the preset..

when in use, it jumps to 35-60%,
sometimes it reaches a peak of 98-99%
and almost freezes my host(s)...
well, same thing with 1.0/1.5...

damn.. maybe my P4-cpu is getting too old
for stuff like this?!

anyways, it would be great
to get that cpu-monster down a little bit
maybe 10-15-20%?
Last edited by bambooman on Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes, the GUI is very nice.
I haven't tried it yet (i'm no guitarist, but i can't resist to the "gorgeous gui power"), but is the reverb a spring one, like on guitar amps, or a digital one, like Boss pedal's ?

I tell you what... this is an excellent effect. I'm loving it on bass and drums also!!
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

This monster sounds great but wow does it ever tax my CPU. AMD Athlon XP 2.8, 1GB ram. Details to follow as I weed through everything.

running pretty cool in cubase se3. running 4 instances with the driven presets - starting to get a little crackly :band2:

lates

t-willy

Bloody great job FrettedSynth, and awesome design grymmjack. You guys have done something huge which will mark the history of free plug-ins, for sure. :hail: :D

Here's my bug report :
- I've got problems in eXT with accessing the synth setup and the credits screens. The button lights up but the pages don't change.
- I managed to see the credit page in VSTHost. There, if I click where a combobox is to be found in the setup screen, it still drops down.

Return to “Effects”