FreeAmp2 beta testing started

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

FrettedSynth wrote:Do you have the plugins output conected to eXT's output? eXT will not load a plugin until it is connected to its output. So the plugins panels will not work unless connected to eXT's output. Most testing here was done in eXT?

Thanks
Fretted Synth
Oh my god, you're right ! Just after posting, I've re-connected the output and was amazed to realize that everything was working fine when I just posted that it didn't !!! :oops:

Now I understand why... :D :oops:

maybe it's too soon for me to comment...btw, the leads patches are inspiring me a lot.

oh, this first test has been made with 1 instance in AudioMulch, and it works.

:o :o :o :o :o I think i shat myself!

Testing it now :hihi:

YAY!

Not working in minihost. Loads up but using 99% CPU so unusable. Works fine in eXT. Looks and sounds great.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

I have a feature request, if you are interested. If not, then ignore me!

With a typical live setup, you would have pedals to turn things on and off, correct? Well, I'm assuming you can automate using MIDI on this plug. But that doesn't do any good for live use.

So what about a way to turn different stomps on and off using the computer keyboard? That way, it will be a quick switch instead of having to get the mouse to the button and click. And if you don't know when exactly you're going to switch, automation won't help anyways.

So maybe have either the Num pad effect the stomps, or the bottom row of keys on the keyboard, or whatever ones would work. Then there could be a switch that would turn this on or off, in case you don't want the keys to affect it.

The only problem I see is shortcut keys inside the host. Can you override them with a plugin?

Does this sound like something that would work? Or am I not thinking straight? Does anyone else like this idea?

Brent
My host is better than your host

That's a good idea kk, but I wouldn't want key presses in my host overridden by any plugin.

Is there any way of doing it then? I understand now wanting to overide them. So maybe I'm just using wishful thinking. Since you don't really know what keys people have assigned to what.

So what about using MIDI keys? Having the on and off of each pedal have the option of using a particular MIDI note for on and off. I think that may work better?

Brent

For the above idea, I don't know how this would work on different hosts. Kind of like a sidechain option for the MIDI. I don't know if this is possible, mixing the MIDI with audio like that.

Brent

OH MY GOD IT SOUNDS, LOOKS AND FEELS GREAT!!!!!!!! AWESOME AWESOME STUFF!!!

On a side note - runs fine in FL Studio 6.08, no bugs, not even a spike, and it seems to have halved cpu usage....im getting 10-15% for one instance....wonderful!

Thanks so much guys.

PS now i am 100% fanboy :P im even adding it to my sig :)
Last edited by matthewjumps on Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

koolkeys wrote: And here's something AMAZING! The noise issues I was having completely go away for some reason when using this plug. When I switch the guitar flip switch to bass, it makes a bit more noise then treble, but I adjust other things and the noise goes away again! I don't know why, but this is ten times quieter then the other plugs I've tried. I haven't tried my Amplitube LE on it yet, but now I doubt I will have to.

There is something about this plug that makes me smile. Thank you so much. The entire thing is great, and so far for me, is as stable as a rock.

Brent
yeah the gate is your friend. i need to use it too brent, not just lipstick pickups, etc. i need it on my PRS as well. just the nature of the beast of amplification ;)

makes me smile too. i think it's because it's all right there, no screwing around with separate plugs, no dealing with sub-pages (except guitsyn which is not as frequently used for my circumstances), it's all right in front of us. i think that is why i loved the original too, even with the switches on some of the pedals, it was still right there in the same plugin. the thing that makes me smile most is the sound. it's very real sounding to my ears :)

Any chance of the wah being moved post overdrive? It's not a big deal, but I've just never liked pre-distortion wah.

Overall though, looks great and sounds better than ever. Thanks for all your work FrettedSynth (you too grymmjack :)).

bambooman wrote:(o.t.@koolkeys)

i'm gettin' jealous here...

..planning to get a new system,
but couldn't make up my mind
which cpu to get..
i was too scared to get 64, yet..
since things like ddr3 pci-e etc..
aren't really ready, yet..
and i wonder if all my software would still work
on a 64-system?! - does yours?!
i'm jealous too bambooman. i've got a p4/1.9ghz 400mhz fsb 1gb rdram, and it's getting a bit long in the tooth. though in defense of my box, i run several servers and do much more other stuff than i should while multitracking. t2 was glitching on monitoring during recording that last demo i posted, but gotta love tracktions stability .. even though output glitched, recording went on trucking without a problem and there were 0 pops/clicks. first time this has happened to me but i had quite a bit of crap going; 2 freeamps, tls tube limiter, and final mix (the final mix is great but hungry as hell for cpu).

i cant upgrade my box until after i'm married (june 07') so i'm making the best of it .. to be fair though, this box keeps up pretty good only with photoshop cs2 do i notice any big lags and that's only when i have hundreds of layers/sets going on :) i'm grateful for what i have.

heck by the time i upgrade, they'll probably have dualcore 64's standard :) (one can dream).

matthewjumps wrote::o :o :o :o :o I think i shat myself!

Testing it now :hihi:

YAY!
:hihi: was wondering where you were at matt!

koolkeys wrote:For the above idea, I don't know how this would work on different hosts. Kind of like a sidechain option for the MIDI. I don't know if this is possible, mixing the MIDI with audio like that.

Brent
brent, a decent midi footboard would work with this. i believe the ccmap contains toggles for each effect. the midi footboard can usually be programmed to send a value (127) on press and (0) on press again, which freeamp works with. this is doable via ext and ccmapping -> vst parameters i think. if you load it up in ext, it should expose all the automatable stuff in the list there .. if bypass/toggles are not implemented, i agree they should be.

asseca is still working on the manual from what i heard, and when that's done it may have all this info in it. you can click the freeamp logo to launch the manual (when it's done).

also i can confirm that minihost problem using the most recent 1.7 beta posted by toby today. locked up my box almost. had to end task minihost.exe .. this is surprising because the build of MH i tried freeamp in not but a few days ago was fine.

Thanks for this guys! It is inspiring to both use and look at. I hope y'all are proud for having made an incredible grassroots splash in the world of VSTs. Kudos!!

:D

Return to “Effects”