FreeAmp2 beta testing started

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fabolous!

just had a long play with it - great tone!

My 36 year old balalaika (which I think is a "Prima" size one)running through FrettedSynth FreeAmp 2 and some of the other plugins both getting amp-simmed in places and triggering bass and wave synths. There's also a bit of sampler piano, drum and cymbol. I make really atonal music or noise sometimes, this is one such. Fretted Synth rules.

http://ia300216.us.archive.org/3/items/ ... imas36.mp3

I stumbled upon ttp://www.frettedsynth.com/ Man, there heaps of great plug-ins there.

I've been playing with Amplitube 1 and I thought NI Guitar Rig 2 is the killer...but...well, you know what, for nice rock/metal sound, I believe FreeAmp2 is the answer.

Thank you very much frettedsynth & grymmjack.

It even has a nice manual! I can't believe you guys are not charging us money!!

Do you guys ever put a 3rd party compressor to compress the output of FreeAmp2? (I thought its internal post compressor seems to work wonder by itself)

Thank you again.
Warm regards,
- Jess
Win XP SP2
Cubase SX 3.1.1

jess123 wrote:I stumbled upon ttp://www.frettedsynth.com/ Man, there heaps of great plug-ins there.

I've been playing with Amplitube 1 and I thought NI Guitar Rig 2 is the killer...but...well, you know what, for nice rock/metal sound, I believe FreeAmp2 is the answer.

Thank you very much frettedsynth & grymmjack.

It even has a nice manual! I can't believe you guys are not charging us money!!

Do you guys ever put a 3rd party compressor to compress the output of FreeAmp2? (I thought its internal post compressor seems to work wonder by itself)

Thank you again.
Thanks for the Thanks! Working on a new version that will contain all new amp setups (not to replace FA2, a new amp all together) IMHO it will be much better.
:oops: Thought maybe a bug was found when I seen this thread come back up :oops:

Fretted Synth

FrettedSynth wrote:Working on a new version that will contain all new amp setups (not to replace FA2, a new amp all together) IMHO it will be much better.
Number 1 fanboy is very happy to hear this :hihi: :hihi:

jess123 wrote:Do you guys ever put a 3rd party compressor to compress the output of FreeAmp2? (I thought its internal post compressor seems to work wonder by itself)
Lately I do use Camel Audio's free CamelCrusher after FreeAmp2, but not primarily for the compression (although a little bit of the "Phat Mode" compression is irresistible, since it's already there and everything ;) ). Mostly I use it to add a little bit of CamelCrusher's "Mech" distortion, which serves pretty well as a speaker distortion simulation.

All in all, FreeAmp2 is still my favorite amp sim - you can use the stuff in the synth section to give it a little tube bloom and everything - awesome!! No matter what comes out in the future, I think I'll always want FreeAmp2 for a few sounds that I doubt anything else will ever do.

Return to “Effects”