FreeAmp2 beta testing started

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, doing a bit more testing. I am falling in love with this thing. To me, it's more usable then even the Simanalog plugs. The presets are great, but I wish I understood what more of them mean. I have no idea what "Zus" and "Yoseph" are! But it's cool, as it gets me expirimenting more.

CPU- I am getting less then 10% cpu when in use using drive presets. It jumps up about 5% when using the synth. The only spikes I get are when changing presets, but it's only a jump of about 10%. Nowhere NEAR crashing anything.

And here's something AMAZING! The noise issues I was having completely go away for some reason when using this plug. When I switch the guitar flip switch to bass, it makes a bit more noise then treble, but I adjust other things and the noise goes away again! I don't know why, but this is ten times quieter then the other plugs I've tried. I haven't tried my Amplitube LE on it yet, but now I doubt I will have to.

There is something about this plug that makes me smile. Thank you so much. The entire thing is great, and so far for me, is as stable as a rock.

Brent
My host is better than your host

Oh, and here's my setup:

Tracktion 2
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
1GB RAM
MBOX version 1 for input and output
No operating system tweaks done on this computer
ATI Radeon 256MB graphics(don't remember which series I bought)

So on this system, it's great!

Brent

Noox wrote: Here's my bug report :
- I've got problems in eXT with accessing the synth setup and the credits screens. The button lights up but the pages don't change.
- I managed to see the credit page in VSTHost. There, if I click where a combobox is to be found in the setup screen, it still drops down.
Do you have the plugins output conected to eXT's output? eXT will not load a plugin until it is connected to its output. So the plugins panels will not work unless connected to eXT's output. Most testing here was done in eXT?

Thanks
Fretted Synth

no wonder, you get these results.(10%cpu)
the A-64 is doing the trick :roll:
Last edited by bambooman on Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm starting to notice the little things about the GUI that are awesome. Besides the general look, I also like how when you adjust the variac the tubes light up brigher or softer behind the grill. Also, the say the amp with the mic changes colors depending on the preset!

This is a work of art.

Grymm, do you have presets that imitate different famous amps and such. Or is there a guide for what the included ones mean? They SOUND cool, but I have no idea what they are doing just by looking at them! Maybe I'm just naive about it! Thanks again!

Brent

bambooman wrote:no wonder, you get these results.(10%cpu)
the A-64 is doing the trick :roll:
That may have something to do with it. :oops:

bambooman wrote:congratulations .. :shock: :hyper: :hail: :hug:

too lazy to hook up my "real guitar"
but it's an awesome playmate for dvs-guitar..

the presets are very nice, gui looks very sexy..
but the cpu-load issue,
is exactly the same like with 1.0/1.5,
depending on the preset..
i get 15-35% only by loading the preset..

when in use, it jumps to 35-60%,
sometimes it reaches a peak of 98-99%
and almost freezes my host(s)...
well, same thing with 1.0/1.5...

damn.. maybe my P4-cpu is getting too old
for stuff like this?!

anyways, it would be great
to get that cpu-monster down a little bit
maybe 10-15-20%?
CPU here on a athlon 2400+ is between 18-30% maybe there are some denormals happening somewhere? Mind you that the more FX or synth you add the higher the CPU will rise! with the synth and a bunch of FX running I have hit 45% :oops:

Fretted Synth

(o.t.@koolkeys)

i'm gettin' jealous here...

..planning to get a new system,
but couldn't make up my mind
which cpu to get..
i was too scared to get 64, yet..
since things like ddr3 pci-e etc..
aren't really ready, yet..
and i wonder if all my software would still work
on a 64-system?! - does yours?!

-
@fretted,

i have a laptop with desktop-P4-cpu,
most things work great.. but certain things like
your fx or h.g.synths... are "killers" for my "baby" :wink:
Last edited by bambooman on Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

koolkeys wrote:I'm starting to notice the little things about the GUI that are awesome. Besides the general look, I also like how when you adjust the variac the tubes light up brigher or softer behind the grill. Also, the say the amp with the mic changes colors depending on the preset!
:hihi: Turn the meters off with the green switch :hihi:

Watch the glowing tube as you play.

Well, here's something I didn't see. I think I know why it's quieter. I didn't even see the gate! It seems to work better then whatever gate I was trying before(mda or something). Whatever I was using was cutting things off the wrong way, and didn't sound natural. But I can actually get this one sounding good.

The noise is still less then other plugs, but with the gate off, I have to do back to twiddling with other things. But again, whichever way I work, it's very workable, and I should have no problems at all.

So what makes this plug sound so good?

Brent

bambooman, I am using PCI-E as we speak, and I have had zero problems. Also, every program I had before if working 100% with the 64 bit processor.

One thing I should mention, is that I'm not using Windows 64 bit version. I'm not THAT ready to totally switch. But I'm running Media Center Edition(which is great for musicians) and just using the processing power of the 64, and I couldn't love it more. Things that I used to have to freeze don't get frozen now. I can run Photoshop, Tracktion, and Dreamweaver all without choking my system, along with uTorrent. I don't have any tweaks or anything disabled at startup on this current setup.

You can get 64 bit processor computers cheap already if you look in the right places. I don't have dual core, but to be honest, I don't need it right now. And many things don't support it anyways.

Sorry to make you jealous. Not my intention! I hope you are able to get one soon! Good luck!

FrettedSynth wrote:
koolkeys wrote:I'm starting to notice the little things about the GUI that are awesome. Besides the general look, I also like how when you adjust the variac the tubes light up brigher or softer behind the grill. Also, the say the amp with the mic changes colors depending on the preset!
:hihi: Turn the meters off with the green switch :hihi:

Watch the glowing tube as you play.
Oooohhhhhhh, nice! Can you make a third screen that the only thing on it is several big tubes that light up. Then I can turn off the lights and watch the tubes light in all their glory!

Maybe in version 3, eh? :lol:

Brilliant. Bloody hell. How did I miss the arrival of this thing for so long?

Looking further into this, I can safely say that this amazing work of art can hang with (and possibly surpass) the best of them. I imagine NI and IK and will be shaking in their boots when they discover this gem.

Return to “Effects”