FreeAmp2 beta testing started

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

here is a quick test on doing some simple 2 track recording using the presets i had started. sounds ok, too bad i can't play for shit lately :)

http://www.asseca.com/designermonkey/kv ... -2xFA2.ogg

2 freeamps, one panned 50% left, one panned 50% right, and i added final mix (moderate+lohieq) -> tls' tube limiter (defaults untouched) to the output stage in tracktion2.

i can do one without final mix and tls if you want to hear it just fa, but i think lots of us own T2 so this is fair to use for a demo :)

it sounds pretty yummy to me, but i'm not a tone whore/expert, just dialed in what i liked. the mix is just crap as is the music, but gives a good idea what it can do?

thanks a bunch :hyper: :band::party::tu:

Briggs

I've been playing with it on the VST Chainer. Haven't experienced any problems or noticeable bugs as of yet. Sounds great, and those graphics are slick. Big improvement.

Thanks so much for all the work you guys put in. You've done a great thing. :D

Gorgeous GUI!!!
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Hey Thanks Guys!!!! ... and my requested Flanger is right there for all to see! :-) I'm a happy camper!

--Sean

FrettedSynth wrote::hihi: I think it is out in time to save that cat and dog of the last thread from death :hihi:

Please tell me so ?? I sure dig my cat "Buttons"

Thanks all
Fretted Synth
hahaha :)

asseca; is the wiki for patches up?

holy ass that looks sweet. can't wait to get home, crack open a beer, and start playing.

lates

t-willy

Well I'm really happy with it... but I never noticed before, and maybe it WAS there... but the reverb seems to swamp many of the presets and the "size" doesn't make the sound small enough. It's difficult to get it to that point where you hardly hear the reflections.

Everything else is super though.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

FrettedSynth wrote::hihi: I think it is out in time to save that cat and dog of the last thread from death :hihi:

Please tell me so ?? I sure dig my cat "Buttons"

Thanks all
Fretted Synth
I think that you are rescuer for many guys here what they had heart troubles always when they saw some message in thread about your Free Amp SE :D
So CapnLockheed and GreyLion certainly don't use revolver to killing kitty and dog when you redeemed promise here about release at Friday :)

Very big thanks to Joe and Rick for this great work :!:
:harp: :violin: :band:

I know nothing about guitar stuff but I started to like it right after opening it the first time. Especially the synth part made some nice noises with synth1 :D

Great looking and great sounding. Have to dig deeper tomorrow.
[ When chickens are cold, they roost in trees; when ducks are cold, they plunge into water ]

Woah, listen to Rick rock out on those demos. hehehe

This looks awesome and the demos sound quite good. I can't wait to get home and torture this little guy properly!

Cheers Frettedsynth and Grymmjack for all the effort.

Wow...every preset sounds better than 1.5 to me!! Thanks for this - pretty sure this'll be the main amp sim 'round here!!!

I did notice large cpu spikes (as high as 100% at times judging by the eXT gauge) while rapidly changing presets. I'm on a 2GHZ P4-M laptop w/ 1GB RAM. It never froze the system, and I never even had to restart eXT, but it might cause problems in a live situation.

The "Drive" presets seem especially improved - great!! The Synth is way different than expected and I'll have to take a while to wrap my head around it. I'm used to the simple octave fuzz/envelope stuff from the EH MicroSynth and this one is way more modern. I like it so far, though. :tu:

Sounds very good on bass as well!!

Did I mention that the GUI is superb? It adds to the feeling of wanting to play with it. Thanks Grymm!
My host is better than your host

found a bug. when two instances are open, compressor meters do not animate in second instance for some reason. everything else seems fine though.

2 instances in tracktion2, presets:
http://www.funklabs.org/share/meter_bug_instance1.fxp
http://www.funklabs.org/share/meter_bug_instance2.fxp

actually the meters are locked, intermittently. weird. can someone with T2 and a different host please download these presets, and record a few tracks to verify?

Return to “Effects”