Free 10-band parametric EQ from ddmf

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Much better now. :D

Bug-free so far here..

syncat wrote:Really nice EQ, but got the same bug here that soundpalace wrote about - sometimes knobs stop making changes to the sound :(
Hmmm... could it be that you accidentally switched off some of the channels by clicking on the red bullets in the center of the gain controls?

Concerning the comparison with GEQ: I just did a quick test with Christian Buddes plugin analyzer, and the GEQ uses a different filter curve for the high shelf than the IIEQ. Consequently, the cutoff frequency is defined differently (almost in the "flat" part of the curve whereas in the IIEQ it is more in the "rising" part).

@keel: it's C++ ...

Wow, this thing actually SOUNDS good.

Thanks!

I must say, it does sound very nice. DocDued, could you list out all the technical differences between the IIEQ and the LP10?

Thanx 8)
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

In Samplitude the plugins reports peaks up to +12dBFS without any adjusments made and the sound is stuttering. It sounds like a compressor gets over rumbled by an enormous peak it didn't expect :)

This thing sounds good. Very clean... :o

Really really good CPU usage... don't know the ultra nitty gritty about EQ's but I'll give it much more of a try. Thank you! I do agree, though, with the suggestion for inputting of values by typing them in. And a reset button might be nice...or the ability for holding a bank.

Debutante wrote:And a reset button might be nice...
Try ctrl+left click.

Works like a dream in Buzz.
1.1 to 0.8 cpu! :)
-input values by typing would be icing on an extremely tasty double layered chocolate cake :)
thanx you!
Awkward Moments Coffee

TotcProductions wrote: DocDued, could you list out all the technical differences between the IIEQ and the LP10?
The big difference is that the IIEQ uses Infinite Impulse Response filters in the time domain which are relatively easy to implement and light on the CPU but introduce phase distortion, whereas the LP10 works in the frequency domain, making it possible to completely control the amplitude and phase response of the filters. By choosing a flat phase response in the frequency domain, we get a linear phase response in the time domain which leads to an EQ that does not colorize the sound as much as the IIEQ. More complicated techniques are required to achieve this, which is why the LP10 uses more CPU and was harder to code (and therefore costs a little money).

Clearly, phase distortion can also be a welcome effect, as has been discussed in this forum many times. With the IIEQ you can usually raise the higher frequencies by quite a few dB without getting a harsh sound, as the transients from, e.g., the high hats will be smeared out a little. With the LP10 you have to be more careful, because you amplify every aspect of the signal in the same way.
punkrockdude wrote: In Samplitude the plugins reports peaks up to +12dBFS without any adjusments made and the sound is stuttering. It sounds like a compressor gets over rumbled by an enormous peak it didn't expect.
That, eh, shouldn't be, of course. Does it also behave that way when you bypass all bands? There is no free samplitude demo available, unfortunately, so I can't test this.

LP eq with this low cpu usage is rare :shock:. Sounds very good. I'm tempted. You should get ride of circular knob movement and add on/off switch to the LP version as well.
Last edited by oblagon on Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shelfs in the LP version have no adjustable frequency. What's up with that ? :)

docdued wrote:
syncat wrote:Really nice EQ, but got the same bug here that soundpalace wrote about - sometimes knobs stop making changes to the sound :(
Hmmm... could it be that you accidentally switched off some of the channels by clicking on the red bullets in the center of the gain controls?
Seems it was it :hihi:
Maybe you should add some more contrast to notice if one suddenly clicked on that red buble :oops:

arke wrote:Well, I was looking for a decent free EQ recently ... :D
But....

oblagon wrote:Shelfs in the LP version have no adjustable frequency. What's up with that ? :)
That's merely a result of how I designed the shelfs: they are exponential curves centered at 0 Hz and at Nyquist, respectively (with everything below 0 and higher than Nyquist simply ignored) and that have a variable width. In that sense, the widths control the frequencies at which the action of the filters start.

I changed the knobs to circular behaviour, by the way. Probably will also do the on/off buttons, although due to the way the thing is coded there is basically no gain in CPU efficiency when a band is switched off.
syncat wrote: Maybe you should add some more contrast to notice if one suddenly clicked on that red buble

Good point; I changed the colors to light green/dark blue.

Return to “Effects”