Free 10-band parametric EQ from ddmf

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi docdued,
well, i'm simply said, impressed of the iieq.
thisone really plays in the pro-league, honestly ...
what i like best at it is, that the high content doesnt get harsh as it does with other digi eq's ...
this is really impressive work, especially when considering the ultra low cpu usage ...
there's only one request i would have though, if i may:
it's a bit of a fiddeling to adjust the parameters.
how about a finecontrol mode (via a modifier key), where one can adjust the steps in 0,1 db steps, and the frequencies and q's in finest resolution? or better, mousewheel-support for fine adjusting?
also, i for myself would be thankful for a graphical readout of the curve ... to me this is allways helpful, especially with the q factors.
oh, and since we're on the digital domain, how about a brickwall-limiter (optional on/off switchable), that doesn't allow anything above 0db?
doesn't have to be too fast ...
i just would like to have a bit of an analog-colouring aspect to the amplitude-reaction of iieq ...
i know, it sounds a bit esotheric, but i don't know of a better description ... ;)
nevertheless, this eq has got its place in my setup, that you can be sure of ...
thanks for this wunderful plugin, and keep up the great work!
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

brok landers wrote:hi docdued,
well, i'm simply said, impressed of the iieq.
thisone really plays in the pro-league, honestly ...
what i like best at it is, that the high content doesnt get harsh as it does with other digi eq's ...
this is really impressive work, especially when considering the ultra low cpu usage ...
Thanks, man! It's a pleasure to do this with such feedback in store!
there's only one request i would have though, if i may:
Argh, I knew it... :D
it's a bit of a fiddeling to adjust the parameters.
how about a finecontrol mode (via a modifier key), where one can adjust the steps in 0,1 db steps, and the frequencies and q's in finest resolution? or better, mousewheel-support for fine adjusting?
I have uploaded a new version that should provide better resolution for the parameter control. By clicking Shift + LMB, you enter the finetuning mode (well, that was the case in the old version as well, but still the values where too coarsely quantized, and I think it is much better now). Thanks for the hint!
also, i for myself would be thankful for a graphical readout of the curve ... to me this is allways helpful, especially with the q factors.
oh, and since we're on the digital domain, how about a brickwall-limiter (optional on/off switchable), that doesn't allow anything above 0db?
Well, the philosophy here was to really keep things as simple as possible. Just knobs, that's it. The thing is, half of the people like this approach, the other half wants something more graphical. Maybe I should add a graphical readout that can be made to appear/disappear according to taste. Maybe... The limiter thing, I don't know. I'd rather use a separate plugin for that.

links aint working here ... :(

[edit] working now ... thanks :D

Just got today's version and I'm now totally happy with this EQ. It treats low end stuff very much to my liking so far. The fine tune addition was the oonly thing left and now... TADA! : :violin: 'tis loverly. And i have had no bugs thus far. A sweet plugin indeed.

This EQ sounds awesome! I've compared it to some of the best plugin EQs and it easily held it's ground. Right now I think it's the best I've heard so far. What I really love is the transient response, the absense of grain, the beauty and esase of the sound, the low CPU consumption...
Sounds like a true high end EQ, unbelieveable! Thank you very much!

thanks !!!(fist developper i see using .eu that is fine !!!)
Organising a protest march this Friday Schlesische Strasse 28 ,10997 Berlin, Germany

docdued wrote: Thanks, man! It's a pleasure to do this with such feedback in store!
honour to whom deserves honour ... ;)
docdued wrote:I have uploaded a new version that should provide better resolution for the parameter control. By clicking Shift + LMB, you enter the finetuning mode (well, that was the case in the old version as well, but still the values where too coarsely quantized, and I think it is much better now). Thanks for the hint!
when did you do that? is there a hint on the plugin/website for easy identification?
docdued wrote:
brok landers wrote: also, i for myself would be thankful for a graphical readout of the curve ... to me this is allways helpful, especially with the q factors.
Well, the philosophy here was to really keep things as simple as possible. Just knobs, that's it. The thing is, half of the people like this approach, the other half wants something more graphical. Maybe I should add a graphical readout that can be made to appear/disappear according to taste. Maybe... The limiter thing, I don't know. I'd rather use a separate plugin for that.
about the graphical readout:
yes, please consider that, user switchable, that would be great!
about the limiter:
make it user-switchable, too ...
thing is, you can develop the limiter algorithm so that it perfectly fits with the eq algorithm, soundwise ... one cannot do that with a seperate plugin ...
i of course understand your aproach to keep it "true", but this "trueness" wasn't availlable in the analog domain, too ...
also, we are on the digital domain, where other laws rule, therefore other ways of working/developing lead to good sound ...
in my experiance a buildt in brickwall-limiter in an digital eq could strongly benefit to the sound ... again, if a user doesn't want to use it, he could switch it off ... also it's a pita to allways have to switch between 2 different plugins, when the conjunction between the eq and a limiter actually makes the sound ... which is imo often the case ...
one would just have 2 in one, stripped down to the very necessary ...
because otherwise one would have to use a complete channelstrip, which then mostly leads to way more cpu cosumption than necessary ...
please, seriously consider it ... it won't harm the usage for those who don't want to use it, but it would satisfy the ones who actually would use it all the time ...
i wouldn't even mention this, if your eq wouldn't be sooo close to all my wishes come true ...:)
i wouldn't even think twice if i had to pay for this feature!
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

:tu:

Sounds feckin' awesome on Overheads here.
Just sounds really... natural?

There's a huge sound burst whenever I insert this thing in FL Studio. And I mean L O U D! It happens every time I insert it.

Will try it out in Energy XT.

Otherwise sound quality is fine on this eq.

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

man, thanks for this!
the only thing i'd wish for w/ this eq would be to have the high/low shelf perhaps switchable to high/low pass filters.

oh, yes, i forgot thatone ...
+1

:)
thats what you get for releasing a free weapon ....

feature requests all along ... :x :D
so i'll be saying thanks again for what you've allready given to us, docdued ...
nevertheless, please consider these fr's ...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

I've been getting some strange results when rendering files through the Linear Phase LP10 plug in Tracktion: it seems that files rendered off-line do not have delay compensation. :?

I don't think this is Tracktion's fault as other plugs such as SIR render perfectly... is it possible that LP10 does not correctly report its latency to the host during offline processing?

bmanic wrote:There's a huge sound burst whenever I insert this thing in FL Studio. And I mean L O U D! It happens every time I insert it.

Yup I get that as well in Logic Pc.

strange, doesn't happen here on logic pc 5.5.1 (up to now that is) ...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

IIRs wrote:I've been getting some strange results when rendering files through the Linear Phase LP10 plug in Tracktion: it seems that files rendered off-line do not have delay compensation. :?

I don't think this is Tracktion's fault as other plugs such as SIR render perfectly... is it possible that LP10 does not correctly report its latency to the host during offline processing?
Bizarre. In Cubase it works perfectly, also you are the first user reporting this behaviour. Sorry about that, I will try to figure it out asap.

Will also work on the IIEQ things, don't worry, but give me some time :-)

Return to “Effects”