Rubberfilter - extreme filter with up to 384dB/Oct!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Whoa! That's one of the most beautiful VST GUIs I've ever seen! :o

What's changed since the beta, Christian (aside from the GUI, obviously)?
the the impotence of proofreading

Nice plugin; thank you :)

I just gave it a try. Very good sound, apart from the zipper noise when adjusting the knobs. But for static filtering A OK. I hope there will be an update to fix this as otherwise it's definitely a keeper!

:tu:
Truly mind-boggling music! - New album out! - And a blog!

Thanx. :tu:

Rubber??? :D
Cheers Bob
Back for plug development in Sonic Birth.

Nice sounding filter. Same bugs as the others have mentioned and quite a lot of zipper noise when automating the cutoff.

Another bug:

- plugin doesn't remember the "stereo link" button when GUI is closed and re-opened.

Tried it in FL Studio 7.0.2

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Christian Budde wrote:Hi everybody,

tonight we decided to finally release RUBBERFILTER, a free VST-Plugin to filter out frequencies in any audio signal with up to 384 dB/Oct. As you can see below RUBBERFILTER is a stereo filter which also allows you to process each channel seperately. A magnitude display bar at the bottom provides a preview of what is filtered out.

The plugin offers filters of up to 384dB/Oct and you can change the steepness in 6dB steps starting from 6dB/Oct. Here's a plot of 4 different filter orders (2nd, 4th, 8th and 64th order = 384dB/Oct):

You can download the plugin either from my site or from dalor's site

Enjoy the steep filtering,

Christian
Thank you very much Christian ! :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

damn! this is truly a brickwall-filter. high order filters in general seem to be prone to produce zipper-noise when parameters are varied over time - this is not to blame as a bug. the only way out i can think of, is to use more complicated implementation structures like the normalized ladder form - at the expense of higher CPU-cost. christian, what structure do you use, if i may ask?
My website: rs-met.com, My presences on: YouTube, GitHub, Facebook

yay !
this looks great !
ehy, Mr Budde... I thought you had to work for your studies ? :hihi:

great filter !
thank you Christian.

suppa nice.

Mr. Budde, you should need a break from coding...
member of the guild of professional dilettantes.

subbass favourite!
Thanks
Favourite movie: Borat

This plugin took us all together about 4 month of development. I mean not everyday, but the development was step-by-step. Sometimes someone's loosing focus during such a long development time, but I still love the GUI and I'm perfectly fine with the size.
The whole plugin was meant to be a tool for brickwall filtering. Although it is possible to automate the filter, we never thought about variing the order heavily. Keep in mind, that the second dial is _not_ the resonance, it is basically the filter order. This can only be changed in steps of 6dB. This is where most of the zipper noise comes from. I know how to change this, but that would mean significantly more CPU usage. Maybe there will be another version in the future, but right now I have 4 other projects which urgently need to be done, not to mention my thesis here...

Thanks for the audience,

Christian

Christian Budde wrote:Keep in mind, that the second dial is _not_ the resonance, it is basically the filter order.
AHA!

I looked at the ramping values and I see that now..

Very cool, Christian!

It's superbly designed graphically, and I don't know of any other filter with not only that range, but that approach to selecting ladder depth.

Bravo.
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

Ich kann's kaum erwarten das Ding auszuprobieren!!!!!
Danke Christian

Marvelous GUI and great effect ! 8)

Thx, man !
.:darl_chenu:.

Return to “Effects”