Update 1.2.1: Rescue, now includes Rescue Anniversary Edtion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

looks interesting!!

Wow. For a cool-looking, free new plug-in announcement, that thread got weird fast! :lol:

i like the last picture. Is that the KVRmy I see in the background?

Vonbrucken wrote: Image
LMAO! :hihi:
stay juicy!

Organising a protest march this Friday Schlesische Strasse 28 ,10997 Berlin, Germany

Thanks for the warm welcome over here :roll:
Unfortunately I can't share any details about my political orientation nor my coding practices :hihi:

But I would like to take the opportunity to tell a little bit about why I did and do this plugs. I'm both, musician, artist and computer scientist and I was always amazed and fascinated about precise emulation of vintage gear but frustrated as well due to the slavish imitation and therefore limitations given in that. For example: The digital Helios EQ Emulation does have a fantastic sounding notch (one of the best musical sounding I've ever heard in digital domain) but the limitation to few fixed frequencies makes it almost useless (for the purpose of notching, beside that it's an excellent EQ!). And so much companies out there don't listen to the customers what they really expect and want to use day by day while working 'in the box'. Mixing music and using technology over the years I decided to implement some of the ideas I've collected those days on my own.

And yes, I always hated uninspiring and horrible looking user interfaces. But don't worry, I bring you sexy back :hihi:

'Rescue', my first plug, features some gain and transient mechanics straight forward applied to m/s encoding.
The next plug will feature some pleasent sounding electric effects coming from transformer coupled tube circuits in a digital controlled fashion.
And there will be a third in the modelling fx series but I can't talk about that one at the moment. If they all will appear as freeware or not ain't decided yet.

@fabi: nice picture collection and thanks for sharing that. I've once lived in Hamburg - really nice place to live and gentle people!

Have a nice weekend!

peace,
bootsie
follow me on Image

bduffy wrote:Wow. For a cool-looking, free new plug-in announcement, that thread got weird fast! :lol:
Yes, indeed !
Even faster than with Antress.
But if Antress was indeed nearly stealing some other people's work GUI-wise, here i don't see what could be wrong with the fancy-looking Gui of that forthcoming plug.
Of course, it looks like something existant, but just like anyother hardware-looking plugin !

Bootsie, don't listen to naggers, do your thing the way you wish to !

Bootsie, don't listen to naggers, do your thing the way you wish to !
fo shizzle!
follow me on Image

Alright,

Embarassingly noob question - how do you use the Mid/Side thing? Do you need two tracks feeding this thing?

Thank you,

- Paul

looking forward to the plugs - and thanks for taking a look at my photos, i appreciate that. my girlfriend also has an account, maybe I should add that to my sig, too. :)

your second plug sounds like it's philosophically akin to kingston's retroband. have you tried that one?

K-Slash wrote:2) Is it SynthEdit, SynthMaker or completely "hand-built" ?
bootsie could you please answer this?
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

brok landers wrote:
K-Slash wrote:2) Is it SynthEdit, SynthMaker or completely "hand-built" ?
bootsie could you please answer this?
bootsie wrote:Unfortunately I can't share any details about my political orientation nor my coding practices :hihi:
:shrug:
Organising a protest march this Friday Schlesische Strasse 28 ,10997 Berlin, Germany

Doesn't look like SE or SM to me. :shrug:
Pro-Sounds : Sound....Different

-=ToTc Owns You=-

TotcProductions wrote:Doesn't look like SE or SM to me. :shrug:
:roll: :oops: :lol:
ArU Serious? How can we tell it's SE or SM or hand-coded???:
It's just a damn picture!!! (I like it btw)

Personally I don't really like SynthEdit, but if you look at OtiumFX's plugins, you'll see that you can do great sounding tools with it (with custom code inside tough). As same for LennarDigital's Sylenth1 (which by the way will be ported over "real" native version soon).

The fact is that for compatibility reasons (for example AU support for Mac users) and maintenance, it's better to have "hand-built" plugins. Also you can optimize the code better.

Return to “Effects”