new free pitch shifter online

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Robin from www.rs-met.com wrote: wow - thank you so much. i'm really happy about that review - and it's not even a small side-note but almost the full page! whoa. :D i'll go out now to buy that magazine.
youre welcome ;)
yeah thats even not a short review but a sort of almost full page special....it amazed in fact when you replied that you didnt know anything about :shock:
def CM should have told you about that before at least, IMO

well , its all good anyway, definitely enthusiastic review id say :grin:

Peace
Dubadelica - Electronic music since 1996 http://www.dubadelica.com/about.php
Radio Rebelde - Modern roots reggae with an electronic twist https://radiorebeldereggae.bandcamp.com/

dreaddd wrote:
Robin from www.rs-met.com wrote: wow - thank you so much. i'm really happy about that review - and it's not even a small side-note but almost the full page! whoa. :D i'll go out now to buy that magazine.
youre welcome ;)
yeah thats even not a short review but a sort of almost full page special....it amazed in fact when you replied that you didnt know anything about :shock:
def CM should have told you about that before at least, IMO

well , its all good anyway, definitely enthusiastic review id say :grin:

Peace
indeed. back from my tour through the local stores - no luck. i'll try it this evening at some more central train station. but at least, i have the scan for now :hug:
My website: rs-met.com, My presences on: YouTube, GitHub, Facebook

Robin from www.rs-met.com wrote:
I loved amplitude modulator by the way, but can't find it on the web page. What's going on with it these days?
yaahh...the project is still lying around on my HD. ...and will certainly be continued.

EDIT: one moment: you said Amplitude Modulator ...so you probably did not notice the transition to multi-modulator? here's the link to the old thread where you find it:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=192277
Indeed I did not notice this development and it looks very exciting, have to test it out asap!

this one works really well in renoise 1,9,1 good job

S-N-S wrote:this one works really well in renoise 1,9,1 good job
thx 8) :tu:

Kloz wrote:nice one...i like this a lot...can't automate anything in ableton live...is that going to be possible ?
automation is only supported via MIDI. right-click on the parameter, you want to automate and use the MIDI-learn function
first- THIS ROCKS! Thanks, Robin!
next...while this method you describe works a treat in Live, is there a way to choose PB as midi controller option? works fine if ya have a knob on a controller with a center indent I suppose, but I no have :(
(...then again...sounds pretty cool "just a little off" pitch too ;))
...did I mention?: THIS ROCKS!
:D 8)

Finally got around to test this thing. Really fabulous. I'd say flawless if automation was supported better. I couldn't get automation working at all in EnergyXT, as there's no midi learn functionality. Also, Novation's Automap Universal doesn't recognize the parameters.

So, I recorded a test jam with it, but it was a bit clumsy as I had to move the parameters by mouse. Anyway, this is how it sounded:

http://cmt.siba.fi/filmmusic/temp2/pitc ... 20test.mp3

At 5 minutes length it's a bit tedious listen, but that's what happens when you record random noodling in realtime :shrug: There are some ok bits in the latter half. Notice the noise blasts at around 1:07, I was playing with the grainsize and automatic grain detection settings at that point...

Please add better automation to this thing as it has endless possibilities as an automated effect!

blortblort wrote: first- THIS ROCKS! Thanks, Robin!
next...while this method you describe works a treat in Live, is there a way to choose PB as midi controller option? works fine if ya have a knob on a controller with a center indent I suppose, but I no have
you mean like routing pitchbend to the pitch? mmhh well... my (MIDI) automation infrastructure is not in general arranged for that, but i think i could just treat the pitch-wheel like a midi controller. i'll look into that.

yehah! thanks. ...a little off pitch? what do you mean by that? is there anything wrong with the pitch detection or something?

visa tapani wrote:Finally got around to test this thing. Really fabulous. I'd say flawless if automation was supported better. I couldn't get automation working at all in EnergyXT, as there's no midi learn functionality. Also, Novation's Automap Universal doesn't recognize the parameters.
mmhh strange. i just tested in eXT over here (version 2.07) and the midi learn worked as expected. what version are you talking about?
So, I recorded a test jam with it, but it was a bit clumsy as I had to move the parameters by mouse. Anyway, this is how it sounded:

hey! now that's completely different from what i had in mind as typical scenario of use. i always like these moments of unexpected use. sounds partly rather psy/goa-ish to me. cool. that spurious noise blast is weird though. mmm...maybe some kind of instability in the learning algorithm for the adaptive filter (which is part of the pitch detector). really hard to tell...is that somehow reproducable?
Please add better automation to this thing as it has endless possibilities as an automated effect!
if we can figure out what's going wrong with the midi learn and make it work for you, would that than be good enough? because i somehow want to avoid supporting the VST automation, cause that would open a can of worms...potentially conflicting data coming in, should i send VST automation when receiving MIDI automation and vice versa?...etc...

visa tapani wrote:Finally got around to test this thing. Really fabulous. I'd say flawless if automation was supported better. I couldn't get automation working at all in EnergyXT, as there's no midi learn functionality. Also, Novation's Automap Universal doesn't recognize the parameters.
mmhh strange. i just tested in eXT over here (version 2.07) and the midi learn worked as expected. what version are you talking about?
Well actually I was just confused. Just got it working in both EnergyXT versions now. :oops:

However, the lack of host automation support makes it a little difficult in some hosts, like Cubase, where the only way to use the automation lanes is to use standard VST automation (AFAIK at least). Also Novation Automap Universal doesn't detect it for this reason.

But, I was mistaken and midi CC automation works flawlessly and that's good enough.

hey! now that's completely different from what i had in mind as typical scenario of use. i always like these moments of unexpected use. sounds partly rather psy/goa-ish to me. cool. that spurious noise blast is weird though. mmm...maybe some kind of instability in the learning algorithm for the adaptive filter (which is part of the pitch detector). really hard to tell...is that somehow reproducable?
I don't know what you'd imagine the typical usage to be, but for me this thing is a godsend experimental music tool and a really valuable addition to my free-improvisation kit.

Oh, and I wasn't able to reproduce the noise blast with a quick try, but I was switching Grain-Adapt on and off when it happened (I think it occurred when I turned it on)...

visa tapani wrote:
However, the lack of host automation support makes it a little difficult in some hosts, like Cubase, where the only way to use the automation lanes is to use standard VST automation (AFAIK at least). Also Novation Automap Universal doesn't detect it for this reason.

But, I was mistaken and midi CC automation works flawlessly and that's good enough.
mmm..i have to think about it...i mean supporting VST and MIDI automation...in a sensible and non-conflicting way...but i can't promise to come up with a solution at this point
I don't know what you'd imagine the typical usage to be, but for me this thing is a godsend experimental music tool and a really valuable addition to my free-improvisation kit.
i had mainly voice-scrambling and harmonizing/octaving in mind as typical usage.
Oh, and I wasn't able to reproduce the noise blast with a quick try, but I was switching Grain-Adapt on and off when it happened (I think it occurred when I turned it on)...
thanks for the info. i'll look into the code what happens when grain adapt is being switched on. actually, grain adaption is not supposed to do anything meaningful when the input is non-pitched material (or poly-pitched). however, regardless of that - such heavy noise bursts should not happen

yehah! thanks. ...a little off pitch? what do you mean by that? is there anything wrong with the pitch detection or something?
nope!...nothing at ALL wrong with your end...it's just that on *my* end, I'm finding it hard to play and twiddle the controller knob (to which I've routed the coarse pitch adjustment) and then return it back to *exactly* zero without either a PB control or a knob without a "center indent" :wink: ...so I'm usually stuck with *near zero* as my manual attempt to return to the controller knob are not as accurate as routing the cc to the pitch bend might be :oops:

Kloz wrote:nice one...i like this a lot...can't automate anything in ableton live...is that going to be possible ?
automation is only supported via MIDI. right-click on the parameter, you want to automate and use the MIDI-learn function

thanks...that was cool...but the bad part is...ableton live doesn't allow any midi thru....so....if i have a synth...and your effect...and i want to automate the pitch..i have to use another track....to send/route the midi into your plug..
this is an ableton live issue...not yours...but if ableton could see the plugins parameters...i would make easy to automate via the clip envelopes...

all this...is just feedback for any further development.

i am really happy with the plug as it is...really nice sound.

i love the feedback option.....and...i am....happy.

:D

muchas gracias ! :)
whooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!

O.K. then. good to hear that. WRT this automation business...i must think about it.

Hi Robin,

first of all thanks for the fabulous pitch shifter! I think it's the only freeware pitch shifter up to now that actually tracks pitch correctly without artefacts...It can compete with the Soundtoys Crystallizer easily in that regard!What would be really cool in addition to the feature set are:

*please*:- my personal wish: a reverse button for the shifted delays

*maybe*:
- a simple delay up to about 2 secs before the pitch shifter
- simple hi/lo cut filters to tame the feedback (after the fdbk, not in the loop)
- a little more feedback to play with (longer + switchable saturation?)
- and to be as powerful as Crystallizer a second pitch shifter, so that the unit can use different shiftings for left/right + panning or use two shifted delays that are layered with slightly diff parameters for a thicker sound.

What do you think? I know it's a lot but the algorithm is so good it would be worth the features. Then you'd have a full harmonizer.

Regs,
el-folie
Last edited by el-folie on Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Effects”