Audio Damage Automaton now available...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i watched both videos entirely and for me it was quite informative and moreover i like the way, Automaton is shown there.
After having watched the videos, i ordered the plug-in, downloaded, installed, and i was immediately in medias res.

:tu:

chrimel
"It dreamed itself along"

I would not pay attention to this criticism. You will ALWAYS find someone who will complain about something, somewhere, for whatever reason.

I am a newb in music production, and find your videos easy to follow and very interesting. I would encourage you to keep doing them, as they are better than just reading a document to learn about a product, IMHO. Your videos helped me a lot, and I am now more comfortable with your plugins.

As for Automaton, your video made it absolutely clear what it was exactly, and convinced me to buy it.

So in short, those videos are good for me and you: Me, to better learn your plugins, and you, to sell more plugins!

I am just sorry you said you disliked making those videos: now everytime I watch them, I will feel bad for you.

Cheers.
Crandall1 wrote:Okay, for the record, you don't get to complain about rambling and nonsensical when you type like that, KBKB. But for the record, I dislike making these videos intensely. Each one takes about half a day to make, between actually doing it and all the time my computer is tied up rendering. I only do them in order to show the features of each plugin. I'm not trying to entertain you, and frankly, if you're looking for entertaining tutorials, you're gonna be looking long and hard.

Now that I've gotten that out of my system, you don't get to criticize without backing up your statements. In this context, I would hope you'd provide a link to a video that you _do_ like, an example of how _you_ of the short attention span (and apparently excellent musical taste) would prefer a tutorial video be made. If there's a shorter way to describe a plugin with several dozen parameters, I'd be more than happy to hear about it.

BB King wrote:I would not pay attention to this criticism. You will ALWAYS find someone who will complain about something, somewhere, for whatever reason.

I am a newb in music production, and find your videos easy to follow and very interesting. I would encourage you to keep doing them, as they are better than just reading a document to learn about a product, IMHO. Your videos helped me a lot, and I am now more comfortable with your plugins.

As for Automaton, your video made it absolutely clear what it was exactly, and convinced me to buy it.

So in short, those videos are good for me and you: Me, to better learn your plugins, and you, to sell more plugins!

I am just sorry you said you disliked making those videos: now everytime I watch them, I will feel bad for you.

Cheers.
Crandall1 wrote:Okay, for the record, you don't get to complain about rambling and nonsensical when you type like that, KBKB. But for the record, I dislike making these videos intensely. Each one takes about half a day to make, between actually doing it and all the time my computer is tied up rendering. I only do them in order to show the features of each plugin. I'm not trying to entertain you, and frankly, if you're looking for entertaining tutorials, you're gonna be looking long and hard.

Now that I've gotten that out of my system, you don't get to criticize without backing up your statements. In this context, I would hope you'd provide a link to a video that you _do_ like, an example of how _you_ of the short attention span (and apparently excellent musical taste) would prefer a tutorial video be made. If there's a shorter way to describe a plugin with several dozen parameters, I'd be more than happy to hear about it.
+1 the video was the nail in the coffin for me (in a good way)! It was an easy decision to buy after watching.

So please don't go changin a thing based on one picky fella.

+1

I honestly didn't have a clue how it worked until I watched the demo video. Watched it. Got it... and bought it :D

CR - the videos are great, your time shows. I already knew how to use most of the effects but so far every video demo has helped me find new ways to use.
'The science of rich men does not elevate all mankind, but only themselves.'
sound cloud

i had a 1 minute search on youtube ;) :)

this one is called KORE WOW .. .. it like the start of the A TEAM its so dread..... check the loops

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEeGeCLO ... re=related

the NI bloke is pitchy as f**K but not "start high then talk into your boots....." like your voice over ... again check the loops

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV2D6LeA ... re=related

UK people sound like this....... check the dudes delivery. not an "erm.........---pause---......" in sight :) :zzz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wtCpR_xafQ

hey whats this one :party: using a rather dated electro loop, this machine totally refreshed it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCgENwOy ... ory/video/

i can get you some more if you like.

its late here in the UK ...I'm giving your video a little blast to help me off to kip :)

these are exciting?

yes, get steven spilburger to do your tutorial videos please.
'The science of rich men does not elevate all mankind, but only themselves.'
sound cloud

KBKB wrote:
i had a 1 minute search on youtube ;) :)

this one is called KORE WOW .. .. it like the start of the A TEAM its so dread..... check the loops

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEeGeCLO ... re=related

the NI bloke is pitchy as f**K but not "start high then talk into your boots....." like your voice over ... again check the loops

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV2D6LeA ... re=related

UK people sound like this....... check the dudes delivery. not an "erm.........---pause---......" in sight :) :zzz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wtCpR_xafQ

hey whats this one :party: using a rather dated electro loop, this machine totally refreshed it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCgENwOy ... ory/video/

i can get you some more if you like.

its late here in the UK ...I'm giving your video a little blast to help me off to kip :)

Do you need a hug or something? :love: :love: :love: :hihi:

Look man, as I said before, and as you said, everyone is entitled to their opinions, but c'mon you're at the point of being rude and for what reason?

Its like you take it personal that these videos were not tailor made to your liking.

Have you read the other posts? Most understand what these vids are for and what purpose they serve and from what I read, they get the job done. Really, why ask for more?

Damn, bro, I gotta ask... are you trolling or something?

I think AD should make a pop-up manual with big trucks and Bob the Builder to keep your attention there too. Oh wait, your attention span is probably a tad short to read manuals too...

buscemi wrote:I think AD should make a pop-up manual with big trucks and Bob the Builder to keep your attention there too. Oh wait, your attention span is probably a tad short to read manuals too...
I'd buy the pop-up manual if they made it! :-o :lol:

...damn, now its gonna be another digital vs. analog. discussion.

elxicano wrote:
BB King wrote:I would not pay attention to this criticism. You will ALWAYS find someone who will complain about something, somewhere, for whatever reason.

Cheers.

+1 the video was the nail in the coffin for me (in a good way)! It was an easy decision to buy after watching.

So please don't go changin a thing based on one picky fella.
Agreed. Personally, I think all of the AD videos are informative. Then again, I'm interested in the details. :)

KBKB, I'll just hire a television production company to do our videos like NI. Then we can raise our prices to compensate (that Kore video probably cost roughly what we make in a year to produce) and we can go out of business. That'll be a great plan, but anything to make you happy.

I'll just note that the difference between all the videos you linked to and the ones I made is that they're all narrated by people that professionally narrate tutorial videos. None of them made the product they're demonstrating. If that's what gets your rocks off, so be it.

Crandall1 wrote:KBKB, I'll just hire a television production company to do our videos like NI. Then we can raise our prices to compensate (that Kore video probably cost roughly what we make in a year to produce) and we can go out of business. That'll be a great plan, but anything to make you happy.

I'll just note that the difference between all the videos you linked to and the ones I made is that they're all narrated by people that professionally narrate tutorial videos. None of them made the product they're demonstrating. If that's what gets your rocks off, so be it.
Hey man don't let this guy taint the thread... This is a great release. Great plugin, and who gives a #$%^ about one comment. Maybe this guy is suffering from ADHD and OCD. Terrible combination... maybe we should sympathize.

....ALL TOGETHER NOW....

People all over the world (everybody)
Join hands (join)
Start a love train, love train
People all over the world (all the world, now)
Join hands (love ride)
Start a love train (love ride), love train
The next stop that we make will be soon
Tell all the folks in Russia, and China, too
Don't you know that it's time to get on board
And let this train keep on riding, riding on through
Well, well
People all over the world (you don't need no money)
Join hands (come on)
Start a love train, love train (don't need no ticket, come on)
People all over the world (Join in, ride this train)
Join in (Ride this train, y'all)
Start a love train (Come on, train), love train
All of you brothers over in Africa
Tell all the folks in Egypt, and Israel, too
Please don't miss this train at the station
'Cause if you miss it, I feel sorry, sorry for you
Well
People all over the world (Sisters and brothers)
Join hands (join, come on)
Start a love train (ride this train, y'all), love train (Come on)
People all over the world (Don't need no tickets)
Join hands (come on, ride)
Ride, let it ride
Let it ride
Let it ride
People, ain't no war
People all over the world (on this train)
Join in (ride the train)
Start a love train, love train (ride the train, y'all)
People all over the world (come on)
Join hands (you can ride or stand, yeah)
Start a love train, love train (makin' love)
People all over the world ('round the world, y'all)
Join hands (come on)

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Now if that doesn't make you smile, then nothing will!! :lol: :lol:

Now can we get back to how damn great this thing is????

just bought it!! yay,
Hey, it is lots of fun.. had about 5 instances going on an old project (including one on the master buss ) -not too much of a cpu hit at all!

WTF!!!

I haven't read the whole thread, but I thought the vids were nice. I liked the little bit of humor :)

keep it up AD!

dw

Return to “Effects”