New incredible Voice doubling plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ADT

Haven't read all pages, but everybody seems to concentrate mainly on vocals for ADT - it is absolutely fantastic on ANY instrument, as well, I use it all the time, so a huge THANKS to the dev!!!!

echopark wrote:Just tried this ! I love it.

http://www.vacuumsound.de/plugins.html

ADT - Artificial Double Tracking

The ADT technique was developed at Abbey Road Studios by engineers recording the Beatles in the 1960s. To free John Lennon from having to sing everything twice for real double tracking they came up with an artificial replacement: they sent the original signal to another tape machine and re-recorded it. Due to the physical distance between record and playback heads the new signal was delayed. The length of the delay depends on the tape speed (the slower the tape is running the longer it takes for the signal to travel from the record to the playback head). However, due to the machine's (small amounts of) Wow and Flutter the delay time was not fixed but varied slightly, giving an additional chorus-like effect.
The ADT Plug-In takes a mono input signal and creates a stereo output. The original input signal will be output on one channel the new ADT signal on the other. Blending the two is also possible. The Plug-In allows to control the delay time (10 - 50ms), Wow and Flutter (both with intensity in % and frequency). All values are based on the technical data of the tape machine that was originally used to create this effect. Take a look at a screenshot.
Horray, a plugin for singers that are too lazy to do doubling themselves :hihi:

Wow, that's a good one.
Just discovered it. I tried it for now on some clean guitars, sounds AWESOME !!!

Audio unit does not work.
Very disappointing.

Mungo5000 wrote:Audio unit does not work.
Very disappointing.
Are you referring to ADT?

Sure it works as an AU. But you have to instantiate it on a mono track. I suspect that's the problem.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Trying to get this to work in pro tools 8 via the VST2RTAS wrapper... it shows up as stereo plug under the stereo channels and that's it. It doesn't show up as a mono choice on either mono or stereo channels.

I know it's a mono to stereo plug. Anyone know how to deal with this in PT? Like what's it doing when it shows up on a stereo channel? Is it summing the channels to its mono input?

TIA
Last edited by Binder on Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

I wanted to chime in to agree with an earlier poster who mentioned that it's great for instruments - yes, yes, yes, yes! This is the best double-tracking plugin I've ever used, nothing else actually sounds like a double tracked part. This does. Makes quick jobs much, much easier.

I wish this plugin could be inserted on a stereo track, even if it treats the source as mono. Actually, I wish it would process either a mono or stereo input. It might be interesting to apply the same effect on a stereo signal. But mostly, I just like to play back mono audio files on stereo tracks and wish this plugin was available to them. It's a great plugin.

Agreed wrote:I wanted to chime in to agree with an earlier poster who mentioned that it's great for instruments - yes, yes, yes, yes! This is the best double-tracking plugin I've ever used, nothing else actually sounds like a double tracked part. This does. Makes quick jobs much, much easier.
I use it all the time on my electric guitar parts. I get a nice delayed/doubled track, with a nice sounding spread. You can really push the WOW & Flutter to end up with some extreme sounds too.

I'm wondering what else Vacuumsound is cooking up for us?....

Tinker wrote:ADT AU doesn't work with Leopard Logic 9 intel mac. :(

Poor plate is probably the best free reverb ever. I thought the UAD Plate 140 is the best plate emulation ever but the poor plate is seriously good.
ADT works just fine here, same daw/setup/os

Remember guys you have to put this on a mono channel. It won't appear on stereo channel unless you alt+click when clicking on insert slots.

When it comes to the Poor plate, don't let the name fool you, this is far from being a cheap sounding reverb. It's awesome, you owe to your music to at least try it.

I have made mono and stereo versions with GUI.
Both the mono and stereo versions should work in a stereo track/channel.
Download ADT_GUI.rar, extract into your VstPlugins folder, keeping the folder structure intact, read the readme.rtf on where you need to place the original ADT.dll file.
Last edited by asseca on Sun May 30, 2010 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Is there a Mac OS version of this update planned as well?

Best,

Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

asseca wrote:I have made mono and stereo versions with GUI.
Both the mono and stereo versions should work in a stereo track/channel.
Download ADT_GUI.rar, extract into your VstPlugins folder, keeping the folder structure intact, then copy/move the original ADT.dll into the same folder where ADT_GUI.dll resides.
Nice!!! :)

asseca
I used ADT for the very first time today and used your GUIs. Everything works and looks great!

DJ_Bach wrote:asseca
I used ADT for the very first time today and used your GUIs. Everything works and looks great!
Thanks, I am glad ADT + the GUIs work OK 8)
Last edited by asseca on Fri May 28, 2010 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”