Cytomic 'The Glue' Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Glue

I like The Glue's sound better than the Waves SSL. I'm talking just straight sound quality, not comparison to the original hardware SSL. I also like it's interface better, the added benefit of the ultra fast attack time of 0.01ms, and the Range Knob. That Range Knob is very convienent. The Glue is just more usable IMO than the Waves version.

Yeah i grabbbed this the other day as Synplant and Microtonic owners get a 33% discount at the moment, great on the master buss, drums and bass.Cant seem to figure out the side chain in LIVE yet. The input for the sidechain doesnt show up? Or does this sidechain just let you filter what freqs get to the compressor?
Andy?
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

@risome: i also bought Glue this week, but it works for me.

The process is like this:

-put the Glue on the channel you want to sidechain, turn on the Ext In button.
-on the channel that you want to use as the input to the sidechain, go to the I/O section and set Audio To to the track where you have the Glue. Below that there is another dropdown menu, open it and you should see 3/4 The Glue. That's it.

I wanted to take a closer look at The Glue, but it seems the site if offline?

jasperhb wrote:I wanted to take a closer look at The Glue, but it seems the site if offline?
Working fine here...

djgroovy wrote:
jasperhb wrote:I wanted to take a closer look at The Glue, but it seems the site if offline?
Working fine here...
Hmmm, maybe my IP was locked out as I tried to download one of the audio examples MP3 because I wanted to see if I could recreate one of the before/after examples w/ a trial of The Glue or one of my excisting Compressors. Yeah, I think that is what could have happened, since I am actually able to connect to the site if I use a VPN connection.b

Well, can anyone tell me how The Glue compares to Fabfilter Pro-C?

Thanks DJgroovy got it pumpin, love that glue Sh.t
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

Cool. Yeah, it's a very impressive compressor. :love:

I've read a lot about glue and it seems to be getting rave reviews and respectful kudos. From a non experts point of view I am curious to some comparissons to glue(or other forum posts if highlighted elsewhere). Especially as the Waves SSL (of which I am not a great fan of Waves).

In particularly for gluing tracks of beats/bass/leads and overall finalising/mastering:

VOS's NastyVCS
Fabfilter Pro-C
The Rocket
Sonalksis Range
A low end external hardware compressor like th TC Triple-C

Thanks for your comments.

I just tried the glue. It is just damn amazing! :shock:
I was able to give some drums an amazing punch within seconds! The sound of this plugins is really great and the interface is very clean and easy to use. I'll buy it as soon as I have the money!

Here is the drumloop, first dry then with the glue (The setting is a little bit extreme)

I made this with the demo version the first time i turned it on.

Cheers
Dennis

Trialled the demo ... SOLD ... very nice and tbh even though the '$ vs £' exchange rate is shite atm still worth every penny. I can see the why there's the waves comparison. Going to have fun with this one. I love not owning Waves :•).

Thanks

PS : x64 would be nice but no beef jopefully 5.5 will sort out the bridging for x64 cubendo.

got it via the sonic charge newsletter deal. Absolutely love what it does to my kick drums. kudos!

:love:

I think I will finally have time to demo this, hopefully you snag another customer :tu:

Wow! This has quickly become my favorite compressor!!!

Here is a short clip that i did with my new fretless. This clip has "The Glue" all over it.

http://soundcloud.com/d20/wooooo

News: the beta of v1.0.16 has been released and is available in the download area for all customers. The Intel Mac version now requires a minimum of OS 10.5

* New: updated analog modeling for more open sounding attacks
* New: optimised analog modeling for greater efficiency
* New: 64-bit Mac Au
* New: 64-bit Win Vst
* New: updated needle drawing with more accurate motion blur
* New: optional peak needle, click on the VU to toggle
* New: Logic 5.x support on Win (no ext sidechain)
* New: Adobe Premiere support (no ext sidechain)
* New: Wavelab 5.x support (no ext sidechain)
* New: Click on labels to jump to that value
* Fixed: Wavelab 6 no longer hangs on startup
* Fixed: Keystrokes are passed to host
Last edited by andy-cytomic on Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

Return to “Effects”