Cytomic 'The Glue' Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Glue

peterdh wrote:Hi Andy,

I love your plug-in :love: . Any news of a VST3 version of The Glue?
I cannot support VST3 by myself as the job is too big, support for it needs to be added to the framework I'm using called "Juce".

The only reason Cytomic, and many other small plugin companies can support VST, AU and RTAS is because we use the Juce framework which does most of the work for us. VST3 is in a completely new plugin standard, much like AU or RTAS are and it's not in Juce yet. I am trying to convince Steinberg that if they add support for it then many developers including Modart, D16, Cycling 74, and Cytomic will all be able to release VST3 version of our plugins, which would be not only in their interest but in the interest of their customers.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

glasgene wrote:Hi Andy first of all I'd like to say fantastic work on the Glue, love it great comp...going slightly off course here; do you have any other products in the pipeline at all?

Cheers

G :)
I have been letting ideas percolate in the background but I've not started work on anything yet. Here is an excerpt from the latest newsletter that covers it:

= What's coming next?
======================
Some more consolidation of The Glue is till to come with the 64 bit Mac Audio Unit and 64 bit Win VST versions. This is for compatibility with hosts compiled to run on 64 bit operating systems and is not to do with the numeric precision used in the circuit models, which is already 64 bit where needed in the current version of The Glue, so there will not be any audible difference between the 32 and 64 bit versions. Some minor additions will also be made to The Glue to improve patch browsing, add touch automation, and support dual mono operation.

After that development will begin on a new product, the full details of which will remain secret until the public beta is ready, but it will most likely be a creative effect rather than EQ or compression.

just looked at my account in Cytomic; didn't see any option to be added to the newsletter, anyway I know now though so thanks and once again loving the Glue. Look forward to all future developments.

Cheers

G

glasgene wrote:just looked at my account in Cytomic; didn't see any option to be added to the newsletter, anyway I know now though so thanks and once again loving the Glue. Look forward to all future developments.

Cheers

G
Sorry about that, it's a little hidden. If you log into your account, then click "edit" the click on "Contact information" and there are a couple of check boxes for email notifications. Here is a copy:

www.cytomic.com/files/cytomic-newsletter-march-2010.pdf

I really love The Glue :)

dw

andy_cytomic wrote:
glasgene wrote:just looked at my account in Cytomic; didn't see any option to be added to the newsletter, anyway I know now though so thanks and once again loving the Glue. Look forward to all future developments.

Cheers

G
Sorry about that, it's a little hidden. If you log into your account, then click "edit" the click on "Contact information" and there are a couple of check boxes for email notifications. Here is a copy:

www.cytomic.com/files/cytomic-newsletter-march-2010.pdf

ahh tucked away nicely there, ok all ticked. Cheers

This is a long thread so can anyone confirm? I just bought the Glue(fantastic)and it works great in Cubase 5 but in Wavelab Studio 6 it does not load and freezes the program. The Glue can be seen as a possible VST. I loaded a few other VSTs with no problem but when I tried the Glue--freezes. Anyone else.(Under win xp64)Still a fine job Andy. Any info you need e-mail me. Cheers!

kminardi wrote:This is a long thread so can anyone confirm? I just bought the Glue(fantastic)and it works great in Cubase 5 but in Wavelab Studio 6 it does not load and freezes the program. The Glue can be seen as a possible VST. I loaded a few other VSTs with no problem but when I tried the Glue--freezes. Anyone else.(Under win xp64)Still a fine job Andy. Any info you need e-mail me. Cheers!
Thanks for letting me know. Others have reported v1.0.14 working fine in Wavelab 6, but I'm not sure they were on XP64 (I didn't even know there was a 64 bit version of XP!) If there is a trial version of Wabelab 6 I'll have a look into it on my Windows 7 test machine and hopefully reproduce the problem. Can you please email me a little more information? The details of what I need are here:

http://www.cytomic.com/contact

Well I couldn't find a trial version of Wavelab, so I've contacted Steinberg for a developer version to test with. I'll get back to you when I have a copy and have looked into it further.

Andy
Just sent PM with requested details.

kminardi wrote:Andy
Just sent PM with requested details.
Can I please request that you send me an email? All of the emails listed on the contact page come through to me, so sending an email to support or sales gets to me directly and it's a little easier for me to keep track of and reply to you with. Thanks!

andy_cytomic wrote:Well I couldn't find a trial version of Wavelab, so I've contacted Steinberg for a developer version to test with. I'll get back to you when I have a copy and have looked into it further.
Andy, uneducated guess would be that Wavelab doesn't support more than one pair of inputs or outputs.
"Dont mistake your inability to understand how this happens for it actualy being imposible. " - nollock

Andy, I was just wondering if there was a possibility of offering alternative GUI sizes, or maybe a horizontal version of The Glue?

In Logic there's a bit of extra space after loading The Glue due to the plug-in menu. This can be fixed by hiding the plug-in menu and then resizing, but if there was a horizontal version or a larger version of the GUI that would be excellent.

This isn't a huge deal, just kind of a minor annoyance. I figured that it wouldn't hurt to ask. :)

ImageImage
You are currently reading my signature.

andy_cytomic wrote: Blah, blah, blah . . . After that development will begin on a new product . . .
:wheee: :love:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

djanthonyw wrote:Andy, I was just wondering if there was a possibility of offering alternative GUI sizes, or maybe a horizontal version of The Glue?

In Logic there's a bit of extra space after loading The Glue due to the plug-in menu. This can be fixed by hiding the plug-in menu and then resizing, but if there was a horizontal version or a larger version of the GUI that would be excellent.

This isn't a huge deal, just kind of a minor annoyance. I figured that it wouldn't hurt to ask. :)
Something like this? :hihi: :wink: :D

But seriously, I am aware of how quite a few hosts don't handle narrow plugins and I'm trying to come up with a better layout for v1.1. I may end up going for a 2U or 3U half rack style instead of the X / Euro rack type form factor it currently is. On modern high resolution screens it's also a little small. I've got to add better preset browsing and a dual mono button / knob for v1.1 so it's a good time to fix the narrow gui while I'm at it :D

Return to “Effects”