Cuda convolution reverb (Reverberate LE)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Agreed wrote:It's where it's supposed to be, it just still says beta for some reason. The file that downloads in both native and GPU versions is correctly identified as version 1.
Where does it say beta? I'm a bit confused if you have forced a browser refresh...

It's fixed now, whatever it was. I did refresh earlier, I promise, and I have hardly any caching set for my browser since I'm on a fast and uncapped broadband connection, but somehow it slipped through whatever cracks that there are... No problems on your end, man!

liquidsonics, thank you very much for the great plugin!

Many thanks for this plugin.

I've used several convolution reverbs (Cakewalks Perfect Space, SIR and the new Steinberg Reverence), but this one is the most efficient one: 1 instance @ zero latency: ~6% CPU on my dual core notebook (quite old), whereas Perfect Space (the only other one I have on my computer right now) needs ~13% CPU. Furthermore, zero latency makes it finally equal to algorithmic reverbs when using on VSTis.

Keep up the great work!

If you are still developing the plugin (which I hope), here are some issues I would like to see improved:

- If I control the VST from my Mackie Control, I still have to use the mouse to switch between IR-Samples. Every other parameter is assignable via VSTXML. If you somehow manage it, to get the sample selection a "real" VST parameter (sorry, I'm no VST-Developer...), that would be great.

- The other issue was mentioned before: The wet signal still distorts on settings > -24dB. A attenuation of 20dB would result in a better control range.

chrismcboost wrote:Many thanks for this plugin.

I've used several convolution reverbs (Cakewalks Perfect Space, SIR and the new Steinberg Reverence), but this one is the most efficient one: 1 instance @ zero latency: ~6% CPU on my dual core notebook (quite old), whereas Perfect Space (the only other one I have on my computer right now) needs ~13% CPU. Furthermore, zero latency makes it finally equal to algorithmic reverbs when using on VSTis.
I'm pleased you've noted its efficiency. It was a primary objective and I'm proud it works so well down at zero latency. I tend to use a lot of live inputs on synths, so minimising latency was very useful for me so figured others would like it too. Shame it's not really yet possible using Cuda without big CPU demands.
chrismcboost wrote:If you are still developing the plugin (which I hope), here are some issues I would like to see improved:
I will continue to update it if it raises a decent amount of money for the charity, otherwise I'm focusing on Reverberate and will only update Reverberate LE if people find bugs.
chrismcboost wrote:- If I control the VST from my Mackie Control, I still have to use the mouse to switch between IR-Samples. Every other parameter is assignable via VSTXML. If you somehow manage it, to get the sample selection a "real" VST parameter (sorry, I'm no VST-Developer...), that would be great.
I'm unfamiliar with the concept, if anybody technical reads this and knows why a VSTGUI button isn't assignable in such a manner, let me know.
chrismcboost wrote:- The other issue was mentioned before: The wet signal still distorts on settings > -24dB. A attenuation of 20dB would result in a better control range.
I take the point, but two suggestions. 1) You can use shift+drag if you set the host to sliders mode and get much more accuracy in your range; 2) If you're seeing lots of gain from the normalisation switch, try turning this off.

Return to “Effects”