2C-Aether Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Aether

Galbanum wrote:We will try to offer more size choices in the future,...
Great. 3 sizes will do it imho: normal for the past, medium for the present and HD for the future. :pray: :pray: :pray:
Galbanum wrote:...but right now we are finishing our next product. It's a monster. :!:
Wicked! I really hope it's not a monster of resources consumption, because B2 demo already kills my system and was the first plugin that blocked my RME soundcard that worked without a single issue for the last 5 years.

Notice that I didn't asked 'What is it, what is it???'. 8)
Galbanum wrote:But you haven't seen what we are working on now. You might decide "future" is good if you had... :D
:borg: :scared:

Karten wrote:And since I got them, I never looked at the competition.
Come on, you must've looked at those ValhallaDSP products, admit it! :wink:

e@rs wrote:
Karten wrote:And since I got them, I never looked at the competition.
Come on, you must've looked at those ValhallaDSP products, admit it! :wink:
I read about them (hard not to on KVR) but never tried them out because I just feel happy with Aether and Breeze. I've also used Wizooverb (retired now) and Uhbik-A.
I know Sean Costello's work is top-of-the-range but I don't see the need of having many reverb plugins (or EQs and compressors for that matter) especially considering how versatile Aether and Breeze are.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Karten wrote:...but I don't see the need of having many reverb plugins (or EQs and compressors for that matter)
:clap:

I tried using that reverb and was experiencing crazy CPU problems. I had two instances of it running.

Has the usage improved?

RyanSeong wrote:I tried using that reverb and was experiencing crazy CPU problems. I had two instances of it running.

Are you an existing customer?
RyanSeong wrote: Has the usage improved?
Aether 1.6.0 improves CPU usage some if used on CPUs that support AVX or AVX2 instructions.

Aether is used daily by thousands of people on everything from the biggest projects in our industry such as Album of the Year Grammy-Award-Winning projects to epic Hollywood blockbuster scores, to chart-topping EDM, etc etc. With a modern multi-core CPU, it is possible to load easily over 100 instances of Aether at nominal settings. I have personally never heard of anyone needing/wanting to use more than 10 or so in a single session.

2x OS increases CPU usage. 4x OS is NOT recommended for Real-time use as it simply stresses memory systems too much to be efficient. It is intended for off-line bounces. We are the only Algo-verb developer to support OS-ing AFAIK. Additionally as far as I can tell, Aether remains one of the most complicated and detailed Algs on the market. It performs orders of magnitude more calculations than some more simple designs. We feel the results justify the moderate CPU cost. Many other designs create pretty massive amounts of noise when engaging healthy amounts of modulation. We do not feel artifacts are a good thing to have in an Alg reverb design -- unless perhaps offered as a creative option by design which can easily be turned OFF such as the Attitude function in B2. Covering your mix in a blanket of uncontrollable noise is not generally a desirable thing IMHO, noise-art notwithstanding... :wink:

Additional optimizations for AVX and AVX2 will come in the future.

Ok, my comments on Aether may be approaching the point of spam now, BUT

Over time I've come to be more and more impressed by the versatility and incredible quality of this reverb. It's brilliant.

Still want B2 as well though!
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Aiynzahev wrote:Ok, my comments on Aether may be approaching the point of spam now, BUT...
:lol:

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Aiynzahev wrote:Ok, my comments on Aether may be approaching the point of spam now, BUT

Over time I've come to be more and more impressed by the versatility and incredible quality of this reverb. It's brilliant.

I'm completely understand you... :tu:

Aiynzahev wrote:Ok, my comments on Aether may be approaching the point of spam now, BUT

Hehe... :D Thanks man! :tu:

We try... (very obsessively...)
Aiynzahev wrote: Still want B2 as well though!
Resistance is futile. :borg:

deleted
Last edited by xtrax on Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

deleted
Last edited by xtrax on Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

OK we have a new Aether 1.6.1 available to try.

Changes:
  • Fixes a potential issue with VEP Sessions
  • Changes Parameter Lock behavior to allow edits while locked
  • Updated to our latest SDK and compiled with the latest compilers which may bring minor performance enhancements
  • Misc minor bug fixes
  • New Factory Presets from Simon Stockhausen and Deneb Pinjo
This is something like a public beta build. We don't expect to find any problems, but we will let people try if for a week or so before sending out the official announcement.

If you have any pet peeve bug that remains in Aether, now would be a good time to remind us what it is.

Existing customers can update using the info here:

http://www.2caudio.com/support/updates#_aether

Potential New Customers can try the new demos here:

OSX: http://www.2caudio.com/sitecontent/prod ... mo_OSX.zip
WIN: http://www.2caudio.com/sitecontent/prod ... mo_Win.zip

B2 updates available immediately as well.
Breeze updates available immediately as well.

The latest update for my "Classics folder in Aether.

This is for 2015. Make some nice music with these. :phones:
Please don't harm any animal with these!

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/attachm ... assics.zip

I have a confession to make. I've been trying to downsize my reverbs because I feel that just a few should be enough as most options are quite good these days. Trying to figure out if I can do without Aether. I really don't have huge reverbs needs and feel bad that I have too many.

I've got:
-NI RC24 and RC48
-NI Reflektor
-Aether
-B2
-Reverberate
-ValhallaVintageVerb
-Also some other reverbs possible in Ubermod, Replika etc.

So RC24/RC48 and Reflektor come with Komplete. Those right there cover most of what I really need. And they are part of a bundle that I will not get rid of so I'll always have them. I'll also always have B2 because I bought it used. And I really like it's versatility and low quality modes especially!

Then I have to ask myself - Do I need anything beyond RC24/48, Reflektor and B2? This therefor puts VVV, Aether and Reverberate on the chopping blocks, even though they are best in their classes of reverbs! Seems crazy. I can get most of the vintage vibe I want from the RC's and B2 certainly, so I can imagine letting go of VVV. But aether is the hardest! I've been experimenting a bunch lately trying to convince myself that I have what I need from the others, but damn when I load Aether and try to get comparable sounds with B2, there is just a natural sense of depth in Aether that can not get with B2. It must be how the ER works together with the tails that it really feels like the source it sitting in a natural environment, something that's harder to get from the other things. Damn you Aether, why do you have to sound so nice when I'm trying to simplify my collection!

Return to “Effects”