2C-Aether Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Aether

I really don't get how to integrate new preset banks into Aether 1.5.1 on the PC.

If I put Den's folder in the user bank, I don't get the folder structure he's set up: all his presets are thrown into the great mass of presets there.

If I try to put it in the factory bank, the user bank disappears from the browser and is replaced with Den's "Ambience" bank, the first nested bank of his folders.

Could we have a cleaner and more traditional folder structure for the user bank, where folder locations are both visible and nested? It would really make navigation and management a lot cleaner.

Thanks!

Breeze wrote:I really don't get how to integrate new preset banks into Aether 1.5.1 on the PC.

If I put Den's folder in the user bank, I don't get the folder structure he's set up: all his presets are thrown into the great mass of presets there.

If I try to put it in the factory bank, the user bank disappears from the browser and is replaced with Den's "Ambience" bank, the first nested bank of his folders.

Could we have a cleaner and more traditional folder structure for the user bank, where folder locations are both visible and nested? It would really make navigation and management a lot cleaner.

Thanks!
Hi
I did it for you .
Download again "01 Classics" from here: http://www.gearslutz.com/board/6764550-post672.html
Unzip the folder.
After that just replace original 01 Classics folder.
All old presets from Classics are not good like new ones. I just updated the latest presets with the 198 best ever sounding simulations and others.

I hope I helped.
:)

Last edited by xtrax on Sat May 26, 2012 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm puzzled about how to install a new bank of presets. I'm using Aether 1.51 on XP.

I've had no luck using Windows Explorer to add patch banks under \User, since I never see them in the UI. So I've been creating new folders under \Factory. That has worked until now. But today I tried to add bank 22. I added it in Windows Explorer just as I did with the others, but it never appears in the UI.

It looks like there's a limit of 21 banks. Is there something else I need to do?

The other strange thing is that when I try to install a preset bank with subfolders, all that appears in the UI is the first subfolder. The top folder is invisible.

Thanks.

Mitch_I

Yes, there is some kind of limit to the folder structure - it's been a while so I don't remember the details.

The best you can do is just copy new presets in to existing folders.
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Mitch I. wrote:I'm puzzled about how to install a new bank of presets. I'm using Aether 1.51 on XP.

I've had no luck using Windows Explorer to add patch banks under \User, since I never see them in the UI. So I've been creating new folders under \Factory. That has worked until now. But today I tried to add bank 22. I added it in Windows Explorer just as I did with the others, but it never appears in the UI.

It looks like there's a limit of 21 banks. Is there something else I need to do?

The other strange thing is that when I try to install a preset bank with subfolders, all that appears in the UI is the first subfolder. The top folder is invisible.

Thanks.

Mitch_I

Yes, the limitation is basically due to the preset browser. You can only have as many folders as will fit in the preset browser. This is 21 folders for Aether. And you can only have one level of folders inside Factory, and none inside User.

We will improve this in the future, as we have some ideas for a a more detailed and elaborate browser system.

xtrax wrote:I hope I helped.

Yes, you did. Thanks! But I agree with Galbanum that a more comprehensive system is needed that also allows for user customization. I definitely could use a traditional nested folder structure; it's a lot neater than navigating through a wide pool of presets. Hopefully Aether can go back to a larger GUI and Galbanum can take advantage of the real-estate to give us an efficient browser.

(Funny how things change: a few years ago my requests for bigger GUIs was met with ridicule about how I should just get better reading glasses...)

I was just wondering, is it possible to drag a preset file from an explorer window, onto Breeze/Aether's GUI and then its settings get loaded.

Breeze wrote:
xtrax wrote:I hope I helped.

Yes, you did. Thanks! But I agree with Galbanum that a more comprehensive system is needed that also allows for user customization. I definitely could use a traditional nested folder structure; it's a lot neater than navigating through a wide pool of presets. Hopefully Aether can go back to a larger GUI and Galbanum can take advantage of the real-estate to give us an efficient browser.

(Funny how things change: a few years ago my requests for bigger GUIs was met with ridicule about how I should just get better reading glasses...)

Yes, that could be the best solution.

The download folder is expanded to 205 presets. There is some new ambiences and rooms also.
And over all they are fine tuned to perfection.
Download from here:
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/6764550-post672.html

meldavid wrote:I was just wondering, is it possible to drag a preset file from an explorer window, onto Breeze/Aether's GUI and then its settings get loaded.
It is not currently possible. But it seems like an interesting idea and maybe something we can look into in the future.

Den,

Great new presets & thanks for all your efforts.

I can add the new folder into & as a separate one in under the factory presets, however if I replace them into the older folder ( Classics 01) Aether crashes Sonar X1 Win7 every time.
Also older projects can't have any variations in the folders from previous projects. That too crashes X1 every time.

any thoughts?
thanks

Lenticular wrote: I can add the new folder into & as a separate one in under the factory presets, however if I replace them into the older folder ( Classics 01) Aether crashes Sonar X1 Win7 every time.
Do you have the latest version installed? 1.5.1?

Does this happen if you first delete all presets in Classics 01, and then move his new presets into this folder? If yes, does this happen if you delete say half of his new presets from the classics folder so that it contains only ~100 presets?
Lenticular wrote: Also older projects can't have any variations in the folders from previous projects. That too crashes X1 every time.

any thoughts?
This is odd and should not really be true... The host should not care at all what is in our preset folders when a project loads. Can you provide a specific reproduce recipe so that we can explore?

I just noticed there is a file called:

Vintage Quant. Large Hall.2ca

in his new collection.

Try renaming to:

Vintage Quant Large Hall.2ca

Does that help matters at all?

Galbanum wrote:
Lenticular wrote: I can add the new folder into & as a separate one in under the factory presets, however if I replace them into the older folder ( Classics 01) Aether crashes Sonar X1 Win7 every time.
Do you have the latest version installed? 1.5.1?

Does this happen if you first delete all presets in Classics 01, and then move his new presets into this folder? If yes, does this happen if you delete say half of his new presets from the classics folder so that it contains only ~100 presets?
Lenticular wrote: Also older projects can't have any variations in the folders from previous projects. That too crashes X1 every time.

any thoughts?
This is odd and should not really be true... The host should not care at all what is in our preset folders when a project loads. Can you provide a specific reproduce recipe so that we can explore?
Yes, latest version /update patch.

In both cases it doesn't matter.
If the folders/ presets aren't same as when the project was saved then when reopening I get 'Aether 64 has caused a crash in Sonar X1'. The only way a project will open is by replacing it with the original (plus the new 2012 presets I simply added to the factory preset folder using it's own folder, that works fine too)

-

Do me a favor and try the following:

1) remove all preset folders except "20 Space Types" from factory.
2) go into "20 Space Types" and remove all presets except "100 Amphitheatre.2ca"
3) Remove all presets from User.

(you should now have only one preset folder in factory with only one preset, and no presets in user. You can move this stuff to the desktop or anywhere else you like while testing this.)

4) Start a new Sonar project. Add a single stereo audio track. Insert Aether on the track. Select the one preset. Save the project.

5) Quit Sonar.
6) Duplicate this "100 Amphitheatre.2ca" preset and rename it to "101 Amphitheatre.2ca"

7) Reopen Sonar. Load the project.

Do you crash?

if yes...

8 ) Remove the "101 Amphitheatre.2ca" preset.
9) Reopen Sonar. Load the project.

Do you crash now?

I ended removing / installing Aether & it's not crashing any longer.
I also renamed Den's folder to 01b to place it under 01 Classics. I actually prefer those subfolders he made for the verb maker/ type.

I tried putting sub folders in the 01 Classics & that will crash X1.
Curious why his folder subs work but not the others in factory?

Anyway, it seems fine now, appreciate your help.

Return to “Effects”