2C-Aether Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Aether

spirit wrote:I bought this a few days ago. Great reverb, very happy. Only trouble is that it won't retain the license code. I have to manually activate it every time !

This is incredibly annoying.

Nor can I see how to get support from 2C, any tech support page, FAQs, knowledge base or anything else useful.

I must be missing something obvious. Clues ?
I had an absurd amount of issues with installing Aether.
And the issue your having happened to me to.

I found old emails to support about the issue, here are some extracts from my emails:

"The Auth.prop file is being written to at this directory: C:\Users\Win7\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\2C-Audio\Aether\Res
And NOT to this directory (where it should be): C:\Program Files\2C-Audio\Aether\Res
This is the reason for not keeping the authorization"

The Auth.prop file is where the serial number should be written to (you can open it in Notepad).

Open the Auth.prop file in this location:
C:\Program Files\2C-Audio\Aether\Res
And enter the serial number so it looks just like the other Auth.prop file in the first location:
(C:\Users\Win7\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\2C-Audio\Aether\Res)

They eventually sent me a custom installer which worked for me.. it was a very very messy experience. I no longer use Aether.

Thanks dav. That doesn't seem to be the case here - there's no duplicate file. But certainly the error is the same. I suspected it was a Win7 permissions issue, but I made sure I'm the admin/owner with full write permissions on those files.

I must say that I find this incredibly irritating. The lack of obvious support channels at 2C just adds to the annoyance.

I forget to write here:
The latest expanded folder with simulations is here:
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/6764550-post674.html

OR:
http://www.kvraudio.com/banks.php?s=dl&id=1532
Last edited by xtrax on Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spirit wrote:Thanks dav. That doesn't seem to be the case here - there's no duplicate file. But certainly the error is the same. I suspected it was a Win7 permissions issue, but I made sure I'm the admin/owner with full write permissions on those files.

I must say that I find this incredibly irritating. The lack of obvious support channels at 2C just adds to the annoyance.
Try doing a full system search for the 'Auth.prop' file.. it could be hiding somewhere, i don't understand why it created 2 Aether directories :/

Aether's email support also made sure i had 'Read Only' un-ticked for all Aether directories, and from memory that did NOT solve the problem at all.. as well as Win7 permission's etc.

Best to email support your self at support@2caudio.com

Thanks again ! Much appreciated. This is also a new build machine so it well be my own stupidity, but I've had no other issues relicensing all my other plugs. I'll see what the email turns up.

Great reverb though. Very happy with it otherwise.

spirit wrote:Thanks again ! Much appreciated. This is also a new build machine so it well be my own stupidity, but I've had no other issues relicensing all my other plugs. I'll see what the email turns up.

Great reverb though. Very happy with it otherwise.
In the user manual you have some info about this.

Common Authorization Problems
Occasionally users run into a situation where the product does not retain its authorized status once it has been authorized, and the user has to reauthorize the plug-in multiple times. This is generally an indication that the user's "Disk Permissions" and/or "User Rights" are not set correctly. This is a simple problem to solve. If you encounter this issue please try the following:
WIN:
a) Please go here: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugIns\2C-Aether\Resources (or go to your Shared VST plug-in folder however you have set it up, if it is not this default location i.e. ...\VstPlugIns\...)
b) Select the "AuthData.spt" file. Right click on it and select Properties from the pop-up menu. c) Uncheck Attributes: Read-Only. d) Open your host, load Aether, and authorize it one last time. This should solve the problem.

Got a reply from 2C confirming my stupidity. Seems my attack on Win7 permissions & file ownership was not vigorous enough. After some wrestling it's fixed. Thanks for the help. When these sort of things strike it's a huge help to be able to unburden the frustrations :-)

spirit wrote:Got a reply from 2C confirming my stupidity. Seems my attack on Win7 permissions & file ownership was not vigorous enough. After some wrestling it's fixed. Thanks for the help. When these sort of things strike it's a huge help to be able to unburden the frustrations :-)

Heh..we all don't like to read user manuals, but sometimes I have to force myself to do that before use...
Anyway problems are always here to be solved.. :)

I read the "readme" ! :D :oops:

Surprised to hear you had issues with it, it went straight on and running here. Was straightforward.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

I just updated latest Classics folder, download from here:
You can just replace original 01 Classics folder..

For sharing..

xtrax wrote:I just updated latest Classics folder, download from here:

For sharing..
So this is the really really totally last release, right? :hihi:

Kidding! It's impossible to be a perfectionist ;)

Your hard work is very appreciated!

Breeze wrote:
xtrax wrote:I just updated latest Classics folder, download from here:

For sharing..
So this is the really really totally last release, right? :hihi:

Kidding! It's impossible to be a perfectionist ;)

Your hard work is very appreciated!
LOL
Well to make some things clear, I just need to explain something.
I made some researching over Aether. And after that I achieved this:

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/6729118-post55.html

So I decided to make them again from 0. And there was a lot of them. After that I just added some more of the best. Well this is it. I think we have something that can be very useful.
:D

Thanks for your hard work Den !

xtrax wrote:Well to make some things clear, I just need to explain something.
I made some researching over Aether. And after that I achieved this:

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/6729118-post55.html
Thanks for this direct comparison, Den. As much as I like Aether, the M7 sample sounds more live than the Aether one; it's funny but on band-limited speakers like NS-10s the difference is more striking than on my mains. I don't mean to dis your work (you've given us a great cross-section of presets to work from) but it's only fair to mention.

Return to “Effects”